Menu

March 25, 2019 Runway To Red Carpet

Sonam Kapoor In Ralph & Russo Couture – 2019 Film Fare Awards

Sonam Kapoor In Ralph & Russo Couture - 2019 Film Fare Awards

The 64th Vimal Filmfare Awards took place on Saturday (March 23) in Mumbai, celebrating some of the most remarkable performances in film of the year.

When I first saw this picture of Sonam Kapoor wearing a Ralph & Russo Spring 2019 Couture fuchsia silk taffeta gown accented with voluminous tiered ruffles and structured fan back detailing, I immediately fell in love.

Not only with the colour, but also the additional sleeves we didn’t see on the runway that heightened the glamour within Sonam’s look.

Disappointed that the gown needed to be edited in photoshop.

Disappointed that the gown didn’t fit.

Disappointed that she didn’t select a gown that didn’t let her true self shine, so no edited was required.

Credit: Instagram & Vogue.com

Skai Jackson In Rami Kadi Couture - Nickelodeon's 2019 Kids' Choice Awards

Skai Jackson In Rami Kadi Couture – Nickelodeon’s 2019 Kids’ Choice Awards

Janelle Monae In Petar Petrov - Nickelodeon’s 2019 Kids’ Choice Awards

Janelle Monae In Petar Petrov – Nickelodeon’s 2019 Kids’ Choice Awards

16 Responses to Sonam Kapoor In Ralph & Russo Couture – 2019 Film Fare Awards

1. Jerusa Herrera March 26, 2019 at 3:32 pm #

This is disappointing, I thought it was such a gorgeous look.

2. jess March 26, 2019 at 12:51 am #

I saw her Cannes interview once, when asked a certain question she responded that young girls should be confident with who they are. And look at her now editing pics to make her skin light. Hypocrite. This is who’s representing L’Oreal ?

3. Ramona March 26, 2019 at 12:30 am #

BROWN AND PROUD. I am a woman of colour and am deeply disturbed by the instagram pic on the right there. Shame on her really.

4. Lily March 26, 2019 at 12:22 am #

Such a disappointment. Ralph and Russo really should have done better. The look is pretty but it had potential for being incredible. And FC I noticed this post got accidentally tagged as Rami Khadi in those tags below.

• Catherine Kallon March 26, 2019 at 10:53 am #

Oops thank you

5. Dveer March 26, 2019 at 12:09 am #

I think she made them add sleeves because she’s insure of her bulky arms. Love the colour hate the fit and whitewashing.

6. angela March 26, 2019 at 12:05 am #

We could make a meme out of it. “Me on my instagram vs me in real life”. And I agree with the other comments it’s disgusting and shameful to edit your pics to look whiter and thinner.

7. Tina K March 25, 2019 at 11:43 pm #

To put up sets to match your couture outfit only to take pics for your instagram says a lot about who she is. A not so talented actress floating in the industry because of her glamour and marketing capabilities. And I know she and her team are reading this. Ponsy idiots.

8. Sabine March 25, 2019 at 6:42 pm #

the accusations of colorism are heavy especially considering many of her peers like HAVE lightened and she did not. i agree the fit is terrible on the carpet but it’s an overexposed picture. She’s still stunning either way

• brat March 25, 2019 at 7:09 pm #

This is gorgeous and so true to her. The devil is in the details and she always gets them right so I’m very disappointed to hear that it was ill-fitting. How is that even possible? This is Sonam not Meghan Markle! Shame.

9. phee March 25, 2019 at 5:39 pm #

Awww man, that dress looked so awesome on her with the balloons…..

and then the real picture of the dress, whomp whomp.

Im glad to see the real pic for reality sake but wow, disappointing fit and fabric.

10. anonymous as always March 25, 2019 at 5:07 pm #

Yikes… The real thing is baaaaad…

“But then I went looking for the red carpet pictures and was left bitterly disappointed.

Disappointed that the gown needed to be edited in photoshop.

Disappointed that the gown didn’t fit.

Disappointed that the gown has Couture in the title, because it doesn’t deserve it.”

Unfortunately, so true. Both Couture and Sonam deserve better.

11. TeaAtTwo March 25, 2019 at 12:37 pm #

Definitely in the category of – What it looked like online vs. What it really looked like. I was stanning this look when I first saw it and then I clicked the link and tutted at the trickery.

12. JessNess March 25, 2019 at 10:55 am #

Really disappointed in the message Sonam is sending to her fans.

She wants prentend she’s lighter in colour and weight? smh

13. justme March 25, 2019 at 10:51 am #

The picture on the right looks heavily photoshopped so the red carpet shot doesn’t surprise me. It’s a shame that a big name like her still feels the pressure of colorism though.

14. Allstars March 25, 2019 at 10:41 am #

ITA. Such a shame she had to photoshop to look thinner / lighter. There’s nothing wrong with the original!

You’d think in an age of Jameela Jamil, there would be more thought given to portraying a false image to fans…