Menu

February 28, 2019 Best Dressed

Who Was Your Best Dressed At The 2019 Vanity Fair Oscar Party?

Rihanna In Alexandre Vauthier Haute Couture - Twitter

Rihanna In Alexandre Vauthier Haute Couture – Twitter

Lashana Lynch In Michael Costello - 'Captain Marvel' London Premiere

Lashana Lynch In Stello – ‘Captain Marvel’ London Premiere

22 Responses to Who Was Your Best Dressed At The 2019 Vanity Fair Oscar Party?

1. brat March 1, 2019 at 6:05 am #

And this is a completely random thought, but I almost wish Rosie and Kiki had swapped the color of their gowns. As stunning as they both look, I think the lighter shade of silver would pop even more on Kiki, and the darker gunmetal silver of Kiki’s gown would have been even more flattering for Rosie. I’ve clearly spent too long analyzing this roundup.

2. brat March 1, 2019 at 5:55 am #

This is a tough field to choose from. With so many winning looks I asked myself who did I think looked amazing, AND did I love the dress minus the wearer?

So that narrowed it down to Rosie HW, Jasmine Tookes and Kate Bosworth.

Kate wins for me, she looks like a dazzling ray of sunshine, her styling was perfection and I can’t remember the last time I saw a yellow gown so stunning.

Also even though Shay Mitchell and Leticia Wright weren’t featured in the roundup, I’m enjoying both their looks.

Thanks for all your hard work Catherine, I hope you go to bed on time every night this week.

3. CreoleLady March 1, 2019 at 1:34 am #

Kiki Layne. Everyone else is competing for second for me but agree with others, this after party featured some strong and interesting looks. Particularly loved Kate Bosworth, Freida Pinto (who knew?) and Letitia Wright.

4. Real Nat39 February 28, 2019 at 10:02 pm #

Kate Bosworth, followed by Rosie.

5. Rossita February 28, 2019 at 6:26 pm #

Was there a post of Julia Roberts in pink Elie Saab at the Oscars? She presented the best picture award, but did not walk the red carpet or attend any after parties.

• Catherine Kallon February 28, 2019 at 6:37 pm #

I’ll look

6. Marie February 28, 2019 at 5:56 pm #

When your afterparty is not only better dressed than the main event, but considerably more interestingly. I feel like there was a time than the Oscars was one of the most ‘go big or go home’ events there are, together with MET and Cannes. Now, everyone dresses for just another awards show. The red carpet was a reason to engage with this show at all!
    But anyway, at least the afterparty offers a good amount of noteworthy looks.

7. Vizual Ninja February 28, 2019 at 4:05 pm #

I enjoyed the Vanity Fair looks so much more, than the RC. Thanks for your dedication, we were truly spoiled with the quantity and as usual the quality of your posts this week. My top five are Rosie, Kate, Kiki, Rowan and Shay…Selma was a close 6th place. I can’t decide on whether to vote for Rosie or Kate, I appreciate the high glamour that we’ve come to expect from Rosie, I never tire of it but Kate offered timeless elegance.

8. meme February 28, 2019 at 3:24 pm #

This tough as there are only a couple of dresses I didn’t like. I’m so partial to McQueen thus I voted for Naomi. Loved Kiki, Selma, Kate and that stunning blue Armani dress.

9. Radoslava February 28, 2019 at 1:11 pm #

HAnds down! You did the best coverage of the Oscars! Thank you for your hard work 🙂

10. Elisabet February 28, 2019 at 12:40 pm #

Kiki!!!
    Also, did you feature Chrissy Teigen in Marchesa? She was one of my faves too xx

11. Chris February 28, 2019 at 12:00 pm #

This one’s tough! It’s between KiKi Layne, Elizabeth Debicki, Kate Bosworth and Selma Blair for me.

12. cs February 28, 2019 at 11:36 am #

A huge thank you for the fantastic coverage! That was a lot of posts!

13. Ruth February 28, 2019 at 11:35 am #

Let me guess, kiki layne is going to win this. Boring

Let’s go for an unconventional out of the box choice like rowan Blanchard in rodarte

Selma Blair is also a great choice.

Glen close looks good too.

14. TD February 28, 2019 at 11:31 am #

Tough decision between RHW & Kate Bosworth (with RHW getting the vote). Vanessa Hudgens would have rounded out my top 3. Kiki Layne was my fav at the main event but RHW just nudges her out in the battle of the metallics. Thanks for the Oscars coverage FC!

15. Eni February 28, 2019 at 11:22 am #

Wow. This is so much harder. Idk… Anyone from the first row. ??‍♀️ Yes, even Renée.

16. Charlotte February 28, 2019 at 11:22 am #

As usual, way better than the Oscars.
    Lot of great looks, I went with Taylor Hill.

17. Bente Keydal February 28, 2019 at 11:20 am #

Mine was Caitriona Balfe. She was a shining star.

18. TeaAtTwo February 28, 2019 at 11:19 am #

I voted for Kate (BDOTY candidate along with Kiki’s awards show look) with Kiki’s silver close behind. Thanks for all the excellent coverage. I wish more of the outfits were as good as your work.

• TeaAtTwo February 28, 2019 at 12:45 pm #

Rowan is also my joint runner up.

19. MW February 28, 2019 at 11:16 am #

I think this was this season’s best dressed event! So many gorgeous looks. I hadn’t yet seen Shay’s look, that colour and dress are amazing.

20. Camilla February 28, 2019 at 11:11 am #

The parties yielded better dresses than the main event, but that’s usual.

I think I’d be happy with any of these as my winner – Frieda looks great, Kate Bosworth, Zoe, Ciara and Letitia, but given that Selma looks so wonderful, brought attention to MS disability, and heck, tears to most people’s eyes (let’s not focus on me here but ??), I have to go for her. That dress could easily look clownish but she just looked spectacular.