Menu

11.02.19

Michelle Obama In Sachin & Babi -2019 Grammy Awards

Fashion Blogger Catherine Kallon features Michelle Obama In Sachin & Babi -2019 Grammy Awards

Michelle Obama made a surprise appearance at the start of the 2019 Grammy Awards on Sunday (February 10) in L.A., joining host Alicia Keys on stage to much thunderous applause.

The former first lady shone in a sequined Sachin & Babi wide-leg set that perfectly reflected her impactful yet streamlined style.

It was just glitzy enough for the Grammys while maintaining an air of complete sophistication.

Credit: Getty

Fashion Blogger Catherine Kallon features Meghan Trainor In Christian Siriano - 2019 Grammy Awards

Meghan Trainor In Christian Siriano – 2019 Grammy Awards

Fashion Blogger Catherine Kallon features Ariana Grande In Zac Posen - At Home

Ariana Grande In Zac Posen – At Home

31 Responses to Michelle Obama In Sachin & Babi -2019 Grammy Awards

1. J February 13, 2019 at 6:59 pm #

It looks like a karate gi. She doesn’t know how to dress for her body type.

2. Aubrey February 12, 2019 at 3:20 pm #

I think it’s truly disgusting people are trying to put their political comments on this thread. This is a fashion website. Keep your negative thoughts about the Obama’s to yourself.

On that note.. Love that Michelle supports the arts and I think she looks great! However I do wish the waist was lowered a bit.

• brat February 13, 2019 at 10:52 pm #

Melania Trump is not featured on this site, because Catherine doesn’t want to deal with the headache it would cause from people who can’t keep their negative thoughts and political opinions to themselves. So this is nothing new.

3. Valeria February 12, 2019 at 12:28 pm #

Love the olive color, love how statuesque she looks and how effortless, would push the belt a little lower, but a great look in my book otherwise!

4. Jessicamara February 12, 2019 at 12:18 am #

Glad it’s not just me that thinks there is something off with this outfit. Love that she was at the Grammys and is such a powerful woman but not sure about this outfit at all.

5. Tamzin February 11, 2019 at 8:39 pm #

Here’s the Obamas becoming small change, just as they were during presidency, which they made laughable anyway, stubbornly trying to show people how very much ordinary they were which was a cheeky joke no one with a brain could be fooled with . This outfit is horrible and I can’t really get it why someone with an oversized pear-shaped body would continuously wear very unflattering outfits: glitzy, shapeless, etc. Just wrong and making her look ugly and in bad taste.

• j February 12, 2019 at 4:57 am #

Hate much? Your first sentence is miserable. Your second is also pretty bad as well but at least has some fashion orientation. As someone who is the same height and almost the same size as Mrs. Obama, I question who you are to call anyone oversized.

• SilentVisitor February 13, 2019 at 1:23 pm #

Oh the Internet………its anonymity has given rise to keyboard warriors. I am 100% confident you won’t be able to speak so crudely in person or even publicly …… thanks gosh for the internet

6. Vizual Ninja February 11, 2019 at 3:03 pm #

Neck up she looks gorgeous as usual but agree with comments about the colour, wouldn’t look good on anyone and this ensemble widens her, it’s overall unflattering. Rare miss for the FFLOTUS.

• kane February 12, 2019 at 7:02 pm #

this.

7. SilentVisitor February 11, 2019 at 10:58 am #

I love the pants and don’t mind the color….. The top is tied too high making the top a bit weird

8. meme February 11, 2019 at 10:27 am #

Garbage bag couture. There is nothing good about this and I don’t understand why she was there.

• SilentVisitor February 11, 2019 at 10:59 am #

Why exactly do you need to understand why she was there?

• meme February 11, 2019 at 12:21 pm #

It’s the Grammys…I find it odd that a former First Lady would attend.

• brat February 11, 2019 at 4:04 pm #

It is odd, and certainly a first for a first lady. A random place for her to pop up. She’s known to be good friends with Beyonce but Beyonce wasn’t in attendance.

She said she loves music and wanted to support Alicia Keys…or something.

• TeaAtTwo February 11, 2019 at 5:36 pm #

She’s long been friendly with people from the entertainment industry and on many occasions have there been attendees at awards that have nothing to do with their field.

• Serena February 11, 2019 at 11:41 pm #

As host of the show, Alicia Keys asked Michelle to attend (along with the other ladies).

9. Fee February 11, 2019 at 10:00 am #

It’s a really unflattering colour. I wish she had gone with a puncher colour, as is it resembles a bin liner.

10. Serena February 11, 2019 at 7:26 am #

Hate it. The color wasn’t flattering on her, esp with that shine. The fit was too loose, like fancy pajamas or lounge wear.

11. Amy February 11, 2019 at 7:11 am #

It needed better tailoring but overall it fits the event

12. TeaAtTwo February 11, 2019 at 7:07 am #

I wish it were in the hue of dress on lady next to her or a more olive green but I think she looks really good as usual.

• TeaAtTwo February 11, 2019 at 8:27 am #

Didn’t realise that was Alicia Keys next to her.

13. Elena February 11, 2019 at 6:23 am #

Just missing the umbrella and she is good to go out….
    honestly this is not good it look like raining clothes

14. brat February 11, 2019 at 3:57 am #

Suit looks sloppy and I’m not going to pretend it doesn’t. I’m tired of everyone acting like because it’s the Grammy’s weird and whacky is great.

Instead of joining the clown show, Michelle should have kept herself apart and been herself. This is try too hard. Her stylist lied to her.

Alicia Keys looks effortless and cool.

15. Caroline February 11, 2019 at 3:12 am #

This is so bad.

16. CKMade February 11, 2019 at 3:09 am #

This just doesn’t work for me. Agree with Jas that it seems like proportions are off. More like she’s wearing stilts rather than long legs.

17. phee February 11, 2019 at 3:08 am #

The proportions are way off. Maybe the top needs to be longer? Something just doesn’t look right.
    Also the shiny color is odd and not the best.

18. AW February 11, 2019 at 3:06 am #

I like it, shiny enough for the Grammys but respectable and fun.

19. Jas February 11, 2019 at 3:00 am #

This is very cool, but I feel like the tie is sitting way too high causing the proportions to look off.

• JHH February 11, 2019 at 3:29 am #

You are absolutely correct. I am Michelle Obama’s height and I have that problem all the time with tops and dresses with built in belt loops or ties that are supposed to fit at the waist. They are always up way too high.

20. JHH February 11, 2019 at 2:58 am #

Trying to love it but I can’t. It could be the color that is throwing it off for me — it looks like swamp water or a plastic bag.