Menu

January 29, 2019 Premiere, Runway To Red Carpet

Charlie Heaton In Dior Men – ‘Velvet Buzzsaw’ LA Premiere

Fashion Blogger Catherine Kallon features Charlie Heaton In Dior Men - 'Velvet Buzzsaw' Sundance Film Festival Premiere

Following an impressive showing of menswear at the 2019 SAG Awards where prints and patterns took centre-stage, Charlie Heaton kept the good vibes going at the ‘Velvet Buzzsaw’ Los Angeles premiere on Monday (January 28).

While this Spring 2019 Dior Men floral print shirt and white wool trousers combo might be too summery for some, I welcome this bold outing for being different, slick and refined, plus I prefer Charlie’s styling without the belt.

The look doesn’t feel forced or try hard, but I do wonder how would feel if those black Dior shoes were more visible on a red carpet.

Thankfully, I will never know. And to be honest, I would take his shoes over those runway Dior sneakers.

One for my BDOTY methinks.

Credit: Vogue.com & Getty

Fashion Blogger Catherine Kallon features Taraji P. Henson Honored With Star On The Hollywood

Taraji P. Henson Honored With Star On The Hollywood Walk Of Fame

Fashion Blogger Catherine Kallon features Demi Moore In Derek Lam - The Vulture Spot At Sundance

Demi Moore In Derek Lam – The Vulture Spot At Sundance

15 Responses to Charlie Heaton In Dior Men – ‘Velvet Buzzsaw’ LA Premiere

1. SilentVisitor January 31, 2019 at 2:44 am #

What a refreshing look! I love it!

2. Amy January 30, 2019 at 1:13 pm #

Damn Charlie! I like except for the shoes

3. Marie January 29, 2019 at 8:48 pm #

I’m surprised so many people compare this to Harry Styles! We all know HS would have at least two buttons undone and would be wearing a much more risqué shoe choice. I’m thinking heeled boots colour-coordinated glitter ornaments. And now that I’m thinking about it, that probably would’ve elevated this look from A+ to A with a gold star.
    Still, I really like this look on him and I’m not sure he would’ve pulled off sparkling boots anyway. Definitely strong on the BDOTW, and can see it reaching the top ten BODTY-wise.

• CreoleLady January 29, 2019 at 9:01 pm #

I thought it WAS Harry Styles at first glance, lol. Not the fashion, the facial resemblence.

4. Chris January 29, 2019 at 8:38 pm #

So nice to see a couple of young actors actually making interesting fashion choices lately, menswear used to be boring, but it feels like that is changing more and more.

• Catherine Kallon January 31, 2019 at 11:17 am #

I agree. It’s become so much more exciting in the last 6 to 8 months. glad to see guys stepping outside the box so to speak

5. Chris January 29, 2019 at 8:37 pm #

Love it!

6. Real Nat39 January 29, 2019 at 8:00 pm #

The shoes could’ve been a bit more thought-out (don’t have to be sneakers either..) but Yes! this is so fresh – beats all the men at SAG to be honest.

7. TeaAtTwo January 29, 2019 at 5:30 pm #

I thought it was Harry Styles at first. I really like the outfit but I would change the shoes colour but I’m not sure what would’ve worked best.

• Sarah Kay January 29, 2019 at 10:32 pm #

Ditto with the Harry Styles.

8. Meme January 29, 2019 at 4:25 pm #

I don’t like this look sorry. Not a big fan of the shirt or the all buttoned up look.

It needed a belt maybe not the runway one.

I agree the runway shoes are worse but I don’t know if any would make this look work for me.

Having said that anything different in red carpet menswear is still welcome lol 😀

9. phee January 29, 2019 at 3:09 pm #

I adore this! Its so hot.
    Love that shirt. And there looks to be black in the shirt so I can easily take shoes.
    Better than the runway and so so cool!!
    Its a best dressed for sure!

10. Vizual Ninja January 29, 2019 at 2:53 pm #

I like this a lot, the shoes are kind of a dud but I agree much prefer those to sneakers, he looks way more suave in it than the runway model.

• NZ January 29, 2019 at 3:20 pm #

11. Camilla January 29, 2019 at 1:03 pm #

This is such a Harry Styles look, stance and squint that I was quite confused for a moment. I think I know the shoes will bother me.