Menu

24.12.18 Best Of

Most Consistent 2018 – Cate Blanchett

Most Consistent 2018 - Cate Blanchett

For as long as I can remember, Cate Blanchett has ruled the red carpet, but in 2018 – thanks to her impressive run as a Cannes jury member and Rome Film Festival attendee, Cate took her brilliance to a whole new level.

Why do we love her?

Her style file, created by Elizabeth Stewart, is bursting with one breathtaking frock after another. With Armani, Givenchy and Alexander McQueen taking center stage with regularity.

She takes risks, wears runway fashion with ease and leaves us breathless in Haute Couture.

Some might attribute the suiting trend to Blake Lively, but this became Cate’s preferred option from the start her promo tour for ‘Ocean’s 8’ back in April.

She continued to dip in and out of suiting when she introduced us to Brøgger, mixed things up in Missoni, and stuck to classic tailoring in Acne Studios.

Credit: Getty

Breakout Star & Best Newcomer - Ezra Miller

Breakout Star & Best Newcomer – Ezra Miller

Dusky Pink Dior Trend

Dusky Pink Christian Dior Haute Couture Trend

10 Responses to Most Consistent 2018 – Cate Blanchett

1. Andrea December 27, 2018 at 5:18 pm #

Queen Cate!

2. Real Nat39 December 25, 2018 at 1:27 am #

Agree, I also chose Cate.

3. Hen Pen December 25, 2018 at 1:14 am #

Cate wasn’t just a jury member; she was the jury PRESIDENT!!!

4. Mary lou December 24, 2018 at 11:13 pm #

She is timeless
    Ageless
    Fearless
    Has learned humility in an admirable tact
    And is just who she is
    She is real
    She is Cate and never looks bad in anything she wears

5. EmmaWoodhouse December 24, 2018 at 7:12 pm #

WELL-DESERVED. I think my vote was for Zendaya but I’ll always be thrilled for Cate to get props.

6. Eric Wilson December 24, 2018 at 5:55 pm #

For me, the best version is that of the Rome Film Festival. Accurate lines, sober colors, elegant but also light.
    A timeless elegance.
    Eric Wilson

7. Caroline December 24, 2018 at 4:18 pm #

I love Cate and she was one of my best dressed of the year with the Armani but I don’t know about most consistent this year as she’s had some awful looks. I voted for Angela Sarafyan. I have yet to see her wearing something unflattering.

8. weiss December 24, 2018 at 3:53 pm #

She is on another level because she can do classical glamour but also wear more edgy stuff, and equally well. Very few achieve that. I am thinking Isabelle Huppert , Thandie Newton and Tilda Swinton.

Not evetything works, for example some of her Vuitton looks look akward, but at least it isn’t another princessy gown, so I can’t blame her for trying new stuff.

9. TeaAtTwo December 24, 2018 at 3:12 pm #

I didn’t like the whole pant suit theme for the promo tour as the message seem to be that to be considered strong one must wear a pant suit rather than a dress or gown. That aside, the Acne look was my favourite followed by the Missoni. I voted for Cannes Katrantzou gown for a BDOTY but the Venice Armani Prive and Margiela gown were other memorable highlights.

10. Cássia December 24, 2018 at 2:54 pm #

She can do no wrong! I love her!!!