Menu

Olivia Munn In J. Mendel – 2018 Baby2Baby Gala

Olivia Munn In J. Mendel - 2018 Baby2Baby Gala

Olivia Munn was one of the many attendees at the 2018 Baby2Baby Gala on Saturday (November 10). She joined Amy Adams and Rachel Bilson.

It’s rare to get a proper neutral gown that isn’t a metallic so it was a delightful surprise to see the actress sporting a charming J. Mendel Fall 2018 dress in a creamy butterscotch.

The sheer ruffles with exposed blush underlining ensure this was anything but a boring neutral dress. It had a richness that brought out her colouring in a divine way.

A Jimmy Choo clutch, Christian Louboutin shoes and jewelry by EF Collection, Effy Jewelry and Sara Weinstock completed the romantic turn.

Credit: Vogue.com & Getty

Amy Adams In Peter Pilotto - 2018 Baby2Baby Gala

Amy Adams In Peter Pilotto – 2018 Baby2Baby Gala

Mary Elizabeth Winstead's Valentino Margherita Gown

Mary Elizabeth Winstead’s Valentino Margherita Gown

13 Responses to Olivia Munn In J. Mendel – 2018 Baby2Baby Gala

1. Caroline November 12, 2018 at 1:20 pm #

I actually kinda like this, at least better than most of her latest looks.

2. TeaAtTwo November 12, 2018 at 10:36 am #

She looks nice, who doesn’t want a Scarlet O’Hara moment. I would have loved a dark red lip with this or some ruby earrings.

• Sarah Kay November 12, 2018 at 8:15 pm #

+1 Actually love this dreamy butterscotch colour on her and it’s a refreshing change of pace for Olivia who typically favours sexier looks.

3. Jas November 12, 2018 at 1:28 am #

I feel like the dress is wearing her

4. Ksenia November 11, 2018 at 9:18 pm #

Who is styling her and who is managing her career? I know she doesn’t have the same opportunities as a white actress, but she could totally be A-List but she’s doing B-List work and wearing B-List outfits.

Olivia Munn deserves better than J. Mendel. I had hoped she’d kiss her J. Mendel years sartorially and career-ly goodbye four years ago.

• JHH November 12, 2018 at 1:19 am #

Olivia Munn is not white? Wow, I learn something new every day.

• Ksenia November 12, 2018 at 6:17 pm #

I was talking about privilege. Hollywood doesn’t offer the same access to women of color. Olivia in terms of talent and also, you know, attractiveness (which matters as much as talent let’s get real) is equal to Jennifer Lawrence and Emma Stone (just watch The Newsroom). But she’s forced to accept roles that aren’t worthy of her because she doesn’t have the same access. And that conundrum is reflected in what stylist wants to work with her, what designers are sending her clothes. See, gossip is in the very fabric of fashion.

5. Vizual Ninja November 11, 2018 at 8:34 pm #

The shade it seems to be in the lookbook is a lot better, but I still think this a good look for her

• Nica January 6, 2019 at 5:54 pm #

Gossip may be the fabric of fashion and so is free speech. It is all relative to opinion and mine is that this is a gorgeous dress and color on Olivia.
      Women often suppress themselves in that there is not a great role or stylist right now for Olivia. Consider that there are great roles for women of color and Olivia rocks J. Mendel.

6. phee November 11, 2018 at 7:24 pm #

the dress sits really nicely on her and its refreshing to see her in something like this.
    Its just the color – its horrid.

7. brat November 11, 2018 at 6:29 pm #

The dress invokes a late 1800’s feel for me so I like that, but the butterscotch color is a no.

8. JHH November 11, 2018 at 5:51 pm #

Waist up even though it is not a particularly innovative design, this dress is lovely. Waist down, it is a bit of a mess. Is that tear between the second and third tier? Maybe it’s my device but the color is horrible.

9. justme November 11, 2018 at 5:46 pm #

My first thought was cupcake wrapper but that doesn’t mean I dislike the dress. I would have liked it more in a darker, more vibrant color though.