Menu

November 11, 2018

Rachel Bilson In Johanna Ortiz – 2018 Baby2Baby Gala

Rachel Bilson In Johanna Ortiz - 2018 Baby2Baby Gala

Rachel Bilson stepped out at the 2018 Baby2Baby Gala on Saturday (November 10) in Culver City, California.

Feather-adorned gowns are not unusual on the red carpet, but this Johanna Ortiz Fall 2018 frock felt fresh with its colourblock design.

It’s a delight of textures and a sophisticated colour palette, but I foresee the tufted green skirt getting compared to grass skirts.

If the feathers were black or navy, it would have been a textural marvel without any connotations.

Credit: Vogue.com & Getty

Who Was Your Best Dressed This Week?

Who Was Your Best Dressed This Week?

Amy Adams In Peter Pilotto - 2018 Baby2Baby Gala

Amy Adams In Peter Pilotto – 2018 Baby2Baby Gala

12 Responses to Rachel Bilson In Johanna Ortiz – 2018 Baby2Baby Gala

1. Caroline November 12, 2018 at 1:22 pm #

I love this.

2. TeaAtTwo November 12, 2018 at 10:53 am #

I kind of buy it in the look book photo but just no. I do like that shade of green.

3. Ksenia November 11, 2018 at 9:38 pm #

I don’t mind the look. It’s interesting and probably better in person.

I’m just glad to see Rachel Bilson out and about in Hollywood. She was an It Girl from like 2006 to 2009 and then she was replaced when she couldn’t build her resume. It is interesting how mediocre people like Blake Lively with a B-List resume like Rachel’s like made it out of the 2000s and are still on Karl’s rolodex (mix of publicity moves like calling paps, marrying an A-Lister, friend connections and fashion).

I wonder how far Rachel could have gone if she was a shrewd famewhore like Blake (see Lainey Gossip for the fascinating trajectory of Blake’s career. The girl knows how to Play).
    I wish we’d see more of Rachel. And Leighton Meester (who is MUCH more talented than Blake. Hollywood!

• Kathy November 12, 2018 at 6:47 pm #

A bit harsh, but yes, Rachel seems like one of those celebrities who enjoy fashion for fashion’s sake, not just as a promotional tool. She always had that quirky, slightly off-beat touch, but she knew how to dress for her height and that was a huge inspiration to me. I miss seeing her around.

4. phee November 11, 2018 at 7:21 pm #

I don’t have a problem with the skirt colouring. But the top piece of this has odd proportions. It maybe needs a serious lift on her body…I find the top part a bit sloppy looking too. Sleeker would of been better I think.

5. Lara November 11, 2018 at 5:57 pm #

I needed to see her shoes for this to avoid the grass skirt comparisons. It sits too low on her body overall.

6. JHH November 11, 2018 at 5:43 pm #

Call me predictable, but the skirt looks too much like a grass skirt for me to love it. The bodice needs to be pulled up and this had potential but the grass skirt ruins it for me.

• Vizual Ninja November 11, 2018 at 8:31 pm #

7. brat November 11, 2018 at 5:41 pm #

I love this.

8. AJ November 11, 2018 at 5:12 pm #

Bodice is too low, otherwise I like the dress actually.

9. Laura November 11, 2018 at 4:39 pm #

I like it but i just want to hike the whole dress up like two inches.

• justme November 11, 2018 at 5:47 pm #