Menu

Rihanna In Givenchy – ‘Ocean’s 8’ World Premiere

With her notable absence from the first major photocall, Rihanna finally jumped on the ‘Ocean’s 8’ promo tour for the world premiere in New York City last night (June 5).

The singer wore a Givenchy Fall 2018 lame pleated dress edged at the neckline with tiered swirls of ruffles at hem.

For some reason this cast me back to the Stella McCartney Spring 2010 collection, but this look was decidedly more glam.

Do I love this?

In some small way.

If you are wondering why the singer is glowing, she’s no doubt wearing her Fenty Beauty Body Lava Body Luminizer.

Le Vian rings and strappy sandals completed her look.

Credit: Vogue.com & Getty

Awkwafina In Reem Acra - 'Ocean's 8' World Premiere

Awkwafina In Reem Acra – ‘Ocean’s 8’ World Premiere

Anne Hathaway In Jean Paul Gaultier Haute Couture - 'Ocean's 8' World Premiere

Anne Hathaway In Jean Paul Gaultier Haute Couture – ‘Ocean’s 8’ World Premiere

22 Responses to Rihanna In Givenchy – ‘Ocean’s 8’ World Premiere

1. Phee June 7, 2018 at 3:04 am #

hmmm. I love the dress but not on her. At all.

I love the uniqueness of it, the dress is everything I love but it just doesn’t pop on Rihanna. Even
    with the intriguing design she just sort of fades into the background for some reason.

Its just not working on her. And I hate saying this cause I really want it to. The dress is so interesting.

2. Rachel W. June 6, 2018 at 10:37 pm #

It’s nice. I think Amanda Seyfried wore this in black in a photoshoot recently.

I bet she toned it down a bit because it’s one of her first real acting roles as part of a large, talented ensemble. She didn’t need to go full-look-at-me-Rihanna.

3. Amy June 6, 2018 at 9:12 pm #

She looks lovely.

4. Jeremy June 6, 2018 at 8:04 pm #

I think this is breathtaking. The gown is a work of art and Rihanna is one of … maybe she’s the ONLY person who can pull it off? haha. She is so smouldering, so confident.

I think this dress is a perfect hybrid of romantic and edgy. It’s all swirls and ruffles and this deep purple orchid colour and then with the metallic sheen it almost makes it seem venomous or dangerous. Love everything about this look.

5. JHH June 6, 2018 at 6:54 pm #

I love this. I find this gorgeous from H2T. I am torn between this look and Sarah’s for best dressed of this event if not the week. Love the way the makeup and the dress work together. Brava, Rihanna.

6. TeaAtTwo June 6, 2018 at 1:58 pm #

It’s definitely one of her best voluminous looks. It’s in keeping with dressy or ostentatious mood of the premiere. It’s not what I was hoping for but I do like it overall.

7. Rulala June 6, 2018 at 1:48 pm #

She looks gorgeous from the shoulder up. The rest of the dress is hideous. I don’t like that metallic fabric one bit. I think it might also be because of the alterations because I like the length and spacing between the ruffles as it has been shown on the model.

Her makeup is A+. She’s carrying that lip and eye colour so well.

8. Lara June 6, 2018 at 12:46 pm #

I like it, but then I don’t… but then I love it, and then I like it…

• Vizual Ninja June 6, 2018 at 5:03 pm #

+1 lol this is what I’ve been feeling since seeing this look, shoulders up she looks gorgeous and I love the colour

• Susie June 6, 2018 at 5:36 pm #

+2 exactly how I feel…

9. NZ June 6, 2018 at 12:37 pm #

I was expecting more as well but she did deliver a full glam look that matches her to a tee

• Caroline June 6, 2018 at 1:37 pm #

10. Fee June 6, 2018 at 12:19 pm #

I don’t love the alterations to the bottom of the dress. The proportions are just all off for me.

11. Chris June 6, 2018 at 11:56 am #

I LOVE it. My favorite look from her in quite a while. My favorite from the event after Sarah.

12. CreoleLady June 6, 2018 at 11:56 am #

Love the dark purple. Well done, has flair but works as part of an ensemble too.

13. Joseph June 6, 2018 at 11:44 am #

Haha, this is why i religiously read your blog all thanks to your humour filled write ups. Holding on to you let wig!!!! Haha. Thanks for your daily dose of writing. Gets me going through the days.

14. Maria F. June 6, 2018 at 11:33 am #

i like this a lot on her. I suppose she did not want to go to crazy being part of an emsemble. For that this dress is perfect. The purple metallic looks really great with her skin.

Make up and hair are really good too. Shoes are probably the most boring part of this.

15. Fiona-Brasil June 6, 2018 at 11:14 am #

Dazzling!!!H2T perfection!

16. Jas June 6, 2018 at 11:13 am #

“I was expecting to be holding onto my wig in preparation to be blown away. Unfortunately I wasn’t.”
    LOL

I love this look on Rihanna. She look so glam and the dark metallic looks so great against her skintone. Love her beauty look too and that she matched her lipstick to the dress.

17. Lashae June 6, 2018 at 11:06 am #

Regardless of the look on the red carpet or the runway, I just don’t like the dress

18. Leandra June 6, 2018 at 10:51 am #