Menu

08.05.18

Mindy Kaling In Vassilis Zoulias – 2018 Met Gala

Mindy Kaling was back on the red carpet at the 2018 Met Gala on Monday (May 7) in New York City.

The ‘A Wrinkle in Time’ actress looked positively regal in her Vassilis Zoulias ensemble. There isn’t need for heavy surface embellishment because the refined elegance of the style has such impact between its pleated front and draped back.

Her headpiece was one of the most ornate of the evening. With the sophisticated dress, I foresee some mistaking it for a princess look rather than the ‘Heavenly Bodies’ theme, but the entire look has been crafted in reference to it.

Did you like the gloves?

Credit: Getty

Mackenzie Davis In Chloe - 2018 Met Gala

Mackenzie Davis In Chloe – 2018 Met Gala

Phoebe Waller-Bridge In Christopher Kane - 2018 Met Gala

Phoebe Waller-Bridge In Christopher Kane – 2018 Met Gala

17 Responses to Mindy Kaling In Vassilis Zoulias – 2018 Met Gala

1. Silvia May 8, 2018 at 8:07 pm #

Yeah, no. The dress is OK but the crown is ridiculously big.

2. Alina May 8, 2018 at 7:49 pm #

The crown looks a little cheap, the fit of the dress could’ve been better.

3. Maya S. May 8, 2018 at 4:31 pm #

Nothing about this is ok!

4. JHH May 8, 2018 at 3:39 pm #

I do not like the gloves (too stark with the dress) and I definitely am not feeling the Cinderella Disney Princess crown perched atop her head. The fit of the dress is lovely but this is too vintage bridal for this event. Mindy’s beauty look is terrific but overall this is a fail for her. She can do and has done much better.

5. Mimi May 8, 2018 at 3:39 pm #

I like this. The armpit boob is unfortunate, though.

6. Jas May 8, 2018 at 3:31 pm #

I hate this. So wish the dress was a different colour. Also, the headpiece looks as if it’s about to fall off her head. I don’t get it at all.

7. Viral Vora May 8, 2018 at 3:30 pm #

She really needs to pay attention to fitting – I have rarely seen her in anything that is entirely flattering. I mean if Melissa McCarthy and Octavia Spencer can find something that fits and flatter them surely Mindy can find something that suits her.

8. JHH May 8, 2018 at 2:53 pm #

I don’t like the gloves (too stark) but then again I do not like the Disney Princess Cinderella crown perched atop her head. The dress fits very well but it is too vintage bridal for my taste and this event. Mindy’s beauty look is fantastic but overall she can do way better than this look.

9. Caroline May 8, 2018 at 2:49 pm #

This is just no.

• JHH May 8, 2018 at 3:40 pm #

10. Maya May 8, 2018 at 2:43 pm #

Nope. This looks too much like little girl’s princess halloween costume.

11. Maria F. May 8, 2018 at 2:23 pm #

I feel that Mindy shines in strong jewel colours, so this white dress is a bit of a lost opportunity.

The crown is too much and looks more royal than religious.

The gloves do not add anything to this.

12. JHH May 8, 2018 at 2:15 pm #

I don’t like the gloves (too stark with the dress) but then again, I don’t like the Cinderella Disney Princess crown. How is it even staying on her head? The dress fits beautifully but is too vintage bridal for my taste and this event. Mindy’s beauty look is fantastic. Overall though, this is not her A game.

13. Christine May 8, 2018 at 2:15 pm #

I don’t like this. It’s on theme, but no

• Original meme May 8, 2018 at 2:40 pm #

me neither. the crown is cheesy.

14. EmmaWoodhouse May 8, 2018 at 2:14 pm #

I get the concept but the dress is unflattering and the crown is kind of cheesy. I do love the gloves with it, though.

15. JHH May 8, 2018 at 2:10 pm #

No I don’t like the gloves, but then again I don’t like the Disney princess crown. The dress is nice but not for this event (way too vintage bridal). Beauty look is great.