Menu

April 23, 2018

Meghan Markle was at the Invictus Games Reception with Prince Harry on Saturday (April 21) in London, England.

I love the retro-tinged joyfulness of this ditzy floral Self-Portrait Resort 2018 frock.

Given its off-the-shoulder appeal, and perhaps a slight chill in the air, I can fully understand the addition of the appropriately conservative blazer which didn’t intrude on the beautiful femininity of the dress.

Self Portrait Floral Print Off-The-Shoulder Dress

At The Queen’s Birthday Party in London on Saturday night (April 21), Meghan and Prince Harry were ever-so-coordinated in their navy looks—and they couldn’t have looked more preciously elegant for it.

Her caped Stella McCartney dress translated such a smart sophistication on the lovely bride-to-be, with her glossy, low bun playing into the modern-classic approach.

She styled the look with matching navy Manolo Blahnik ‘BB’ pumps, but I especially liked the contrasting Naeem Khan ‘Armory Zodiac’ clutch bag for a touch of sass, plus she added Shaun Leane jewelry.

Credit: Getty

Tessa Thompson In Christian Dior - 'Little Woods' Tribeca Film Festival Premiere

Tessa Thompson In Christian Dior – ‘Little Woods’ Tribeca Film Festival Premiere

2018 Tribeca Film Festival Women Filmmakers Luncheon

2018 Tribeca Film Festival Women Filmmakers Luncheon

14 Responses to Meghan Markle In Self-Portrait & Stella McCartney – Invictus Games Reception & The Queen’s Birthday Party

1. Eva April 23, 2018 at 2:00 pm #

I love the second look! That cape dress ticks both the ”modern” and ”event-appropriate” boxes, it’s so elegant.

The first look is a bit meh. I agree with the above poster that it looks a lot like going from a desk to a date. It also feels like a look Kate would get yawns for.

That being said, beauty-wise she’s always radiant.

2. SilentVisitor April 23, 2018 at 1:36 pm #

100% love her first look; would have loved to see the dress without the jacket but I understand why she put the jacket on.

I only like her second look ankle up. Someone mentioned on another thread that this might be Meghan recycling her wardrobe; I think the poster might be right

3. LeeAnn April 23, 2018 at 10:43 am #

I love the first but she seems to have come down with a dose of the Kates for her footwear choice on the second – too matchy and suede ?

• SilentVisitor April 23, 2018 at 1:39 pm #

LOL

She hasn’t yet reached Kate’s footwear level; I hope she never does 🙂

• brat April 26, 2018 at 5:42 am #

The shoes are so Kate/Camillia, I cannot. Melania Trump rocks beautiful, closed toe pumps and would have selected the right pair.

4. Alina April 23, 2018 at 6:31 am #

Love both of these! Classy and modern.

• Vizual Ninja April 23, 2018 at 3:59 pm #

+1 and she’s glowing!

5. kelly April 23, 2018 at 3:58 am #

I wish the jacket was a better fit for the dress – perhaps a little shorter and less stuffy. This looks very ‘desk to date’, not very sophisticated.

6. JHH April 23, 2018 at 2:36 am #

I am shocked to feel this but I like the second look. Every so often Stella McCartney surprises me. I don’t love the brown clutch with the all blue look but I like the idea of doing something different than the usual pop of color. I am assuming the shoes not matching the dress is a function of the picture. The first outfit is fine — nothing great and nothing awful.

7. Mimi April 23, 2018 at 1:57 am #

For the first look, I don’t like that shade of green at all and I think the pattern is ugly. The silhouette is lovely though.

Love the second dress! I wish she did nude shoes, the two shades of navy don’t match. I like the bag, but it’s meh with the dress.

8. Crystalline April 23, 2018 at 1:30 am #

Love both outfit!! I hope to see her in the first dress without the blazer. The second dress was just very sophisticated and modern. She’s on a roll.

• Mimi April 23, 2018 at 1:54 am #

I want to see the dress without the blazer as well, seeing the off the shoulder detail makes me like it a little more.

• Catherine Kallon April 23, 2018 at 10:48 am #

I’m worried that the blazer will become a regular occurrence when not really needed

• brat June 20, 2018 at 2:52 am #

The Blazer and shoes are a bit heavy but the dress is beautiful, I would wear it and it looks great on her.