Menu

June 2, 2017 Runway To Red Carpet

The Dior x Sephora event to celebrate the launch of the Diorshow Pump n Volume Mascara took place in LA on Thursday (June 1).

Bella Hadid, the face of the new mascara, was on hand to kick start the celebrations wearing a Christian Dior Spring 2017 rose tulle embroidered dress styled with a rose-gold Dior backpack.

Now, I know your feelings regarding Bella’s style during Cannes and the Met Gala have been less than favourable, but there something quite refreshing about this look I found myself warming to.

Perhaps because this is the most fabric she’s worn in recent times, but I’m also swept away by the girlish mood, her being fully hydrated and the pretty embroidery.

The cups are perhaps a tad small (or positioned incorrectly), but I’m enamoured nonetheless.

Credit: Vogue.com & Courtesy of Dior

Annabelle Wallis In Prabal Gurung - BBC Radio Studios

Annabelle Wallis In Prabal Gurung – BBC Radio Studios

Shop Emily Ratajkowski’s Modern Bombshell Look

Shop Emily Ratajkowski’s Modern Bombshell Look

13 Responses to Bella Hadid In Christian Dior – Dior x Sephora: Diorshow Pump n Volume Mascara Event

1. Noemi June 3, 2017 at 3:17 pm #

I don’t understand the backpack… I never understand backpacks, actually! She looks lovely but I can see her breasts flattened by the cups of the dress and this totally prevents me from liking this look.

2. kane June 3, 2017 at 1:51 pm #

As fun as this looks, my brain keeps kicking in wondering if she’s simply missing a layer.

3. Cate June 3, 2017 at 6:36 am #

I love the backpack lol

4. Kathy June 2, 2017 at 6:47 pm #

I’m tired of seeing this collection everywhere, but I like the look on Bella. Her slightly deer-in-the-headlights expression, while not the most serviceable for editorial modeling, is perfectly suited to the dress.

5. Nat39 June 2, 2017 at 5:37 pm #

Kudos for lining the skirt, but the little sheer dress with bra-like cups (which are jarringly small, obviously) still feels like she’s “underdressing” herself.

6. Schoolbea June 2, 2017 at 5:18 pm #

This could’ve impressed me, but the cups are unforgivable. It looks painful, even. It reminds me of those occasions where you see a gorgeous model with an amazing dress, and her sandals look two sizes too small and are obviously killing her feet.

I am also fatigued by this print, but somehow making it a short dress relieves that fatigue. So… great look, bad fit.

7. meme June 2, 2017 at 5:17 pm #

I’m just so tired of her. She’s so overexposed and I think she’s a terrible model.

8. TeaAtTwo June 2, 2017 at 4:24 pm #

I’m too fatigued by the print to be enamoured but she looks nice.

9. Caroline June 2, 2017 at 3:45 pm #

I love this on her!

10. Chris June 2, 2017 at 3:32 pm #

That collection is so ‘been there, done that’ and I really feel like this dress has been worn before at least once. lol
    However, considering this is Bella, this still feels surprisingly nice…

11. JHH June 2, 2017 at 3:24 pm #

I usually don’t like Bella’s style and I am not a fan of these Dior dresses but somehow other than the fit of the bra, this looks good. It’s amusing to me that a sheer, strapless mini is one of Bella’s most covered up looks.

12. Charlotte June 2, 2017 at 3:15 pm #

She looks good. I even like the backpack, it’s a funny touch.
    Too bad the cups are too small for her breast!

• anonymous as always June 3, 2017 at 2:32 pm #