Menu

January 9, 2015 Runway To Red Carpet

Fan Bingbing In Valentino - 'Amazing Chinese' Season Two Beijing Press Conference

Fan Bingbing attended a press conference for season two of ‘Amazing Chinese’ on Thursday (January 8) in Beijing, China.

The actress wore a Valentino Resort 2015 long-sleeve necktie dress with a rainbow of vivid stripes in a chevron pattern, which defines this feminine design.

Opting not to emulate the look-book styling, the actress wore a pair of quadruple-stacked blue platform peep-toes, which are an assault on the eyes. Clearly Santa didn’t give Bingbing single sole sandals for Christmas.

Why would someone wear such a pretty dress with such godawful shoes?

VALENTINO Rainbow Check & Stripe Shirtdress

You can buy Fan’s Valentino Rainbow Check & Stripe Shirtdress from Barneys.com.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Jessica Chastain In Elie Saab - Audi Celebrates Golden Globes Week 2015

Jessica Chastain In Elie Saab – Audi Celebrates Golden Globes Week 2015

Jennifer Lopez In Brunello Cucinelli & Enza Costa - BodyLab Movement Launch Event

Jennifer Lopez In Brunello Cucinelli & Enza Costa – BodyLab Movement Launch Event

21 Responses to Fan Bingbing In Valentino – ‘Amazing Chinese’ Season Two Beijing Press Conference

1. shannie March 15, 2015 at 1:35 am #

Honestly, it’s a good think that Bingbing lives in China because if she was anywhere in the West, I’m sure I would find her and burn every single one of her platforms. They are just awful This one is the worst one that I’ve ever seen her in…..it’s revolting.

2. Phoenix January 10, 2015 at 1:01 am #

shivers

3. msj January 9, 2015 at 11:24 pm #

It’s the shoe designers who should be dissed for creating something so hideous. the problem with asian actresses who wear these monstrosities is that they THINK they are following the footsteps into high fashion.

4. Yeliz January 9, 2015 at 9:22 pm #

How I hate those godawful shoes. Do not like the dress either.

5. Prudence January 9, 2015 at 5:24 pm #

she clearly has issues with her height and she should address them with a psychiatrist not with them awful shoes.

6. bisbee January 9, 2015 at 1:55 pm #

The shoes are beyond awful, but the dress is too. Too many colors, and such a dated style! Major fail.

7. Britta January 9, 2015 at 1:42 pm #

This is wrong on so many levels!

8. jenny January 9, 2015 at 11:54 am #

Her taste in fashion has always been puzzling, she’s always going for something eye popping and attention grabbing ALL the time and to the above that stated She needs the tedious heels because of height, she’s 168 and I dont consider that short.
    She could have worn much lower heel and she still could walk in this but how many times has she chosen to match shoes like these?!

• Cookie January 9, 2015 at 2:44 pm #

I didn’t mean that she needed them, she’s not on the smaller side at all but it’s more a psychological thing. Like how lots of girls who are a little pale are just pathologically terrified of looking washed out. It’s like a fashion crutch. A big, ugly, clunky fashion crutch

• Marcel January 9, 2015 at 3:02 pm #

at 1,68 she IS short , no doubt ( I mean for european standarts , on which the dress was modelled).
        I am 1.75 and I am not considered tall.
        Those dresses are modelled by girls 5,10 – 5.11 tall ,minimum ( that is about 179,5 ).
        Although I agree the platforms are horrendous.

9. Christine January 9, 2015 at 10:49 am #

Them shoes are hideous. She needs to burn them!

10. Cookie January 9, 2015 at 10:43 am #

I think a lot of Asian actresses like those kinds of shoes because they are generally petite and feel swamped in European clothing (I work in production, and that’s the primary complaint from buyers there) It’s not hard to see that the heels are sort of compensatory… I’m Asian but relatively tall, and it’s funny when a coat that’s hip length on me is calf-length for some of my shorter friends.

• Marcel January 9, 2015 at 11:33 am #

That is true. She is petit, the dress is on a loan ( not subject to changes ), and would be touching floor if she wore normal , single soled sandals.

• Mimi January 9, 2015 at 5:14 pm #

It is no wonder we petites worry to much about our height if we are told silly things like this. How is the dress going to touch floor with single sole shoes, if you can see the dress does not even touches her ankles and she is not making any effort to lift it?

• arang January 9, 2015 at 6:54 pm #

An interesting point. I had not thought of that but it makes sense (and I’m 5′ 1″ so I can totally sympathize). I’m not sure even that factor could get me to hobble around in shoes like that, though. 🙂

11. Alina January 9, 2015 at 10:39 am #

I don’t like the dress. I hate the shoes.

12. Nat39 January 9, 2015 at 10:37 am #

She outdid herself thhis time around – the caricaturish bulky pumps are beyond horrendous. What’s next, I wonder… Gaga better watch out.

13. Charlotte January 9, 2015 at 10:37 am #

The shoes !! This is awful !
    And I don’t like the dress, it’s only january the 9th but I will keep this in mind for the WDOTY !

14. Minnie January 9, 2015 at 10:31 am #

The shoes have a GORGEOUS colour – much better than the sandals and they go well with the dress. BUT WHY PLATFORMS?! These would have looked beautiful as simple pumps in that shade and in suede.

• Miguel January 9, 2015 at 6:16 pm #

• arang January 9, 2015 at 6:47 pm #

+2 Agreed. Love everything but those platforms, and they are simply unnecessary.