Menu

November 17, 2014 Premiere

Angelina Jolie In Gucci Première – ‘Unbroken’ Sydney Premiere

Angelina Jolie In Gucci Première - 'Unbroken' Sydney Premiere

Following Friday’s Hollywood Film Awards, Angelina Jolie headed to Sydney, Australia where she took to the red carpet this evening (November 17) at the State Theatre for the world premiere of ‘Unbroken’ with husband Brad Pitt.

The actress wore a Gucci Premiere white silk crepe strapless gown featuring a black silk encrusted lace overlay and a delicate train, cut for a figure-flattering fit, which was a sure-fire way to make a grand entrance.

Yes, its strapless again, but I’m delighted it’s not a déjà vu outing in Versace.

With her hair in a simple updo and makeup enhancing that gorgeous face, she completed her look with just a pair of diamond stud earrings.

Credit: Getty

Solange Knowles Wore A Kenzo Gown & Three Stéphane Rolland Couture Jumpsuits On Her Wedding Day

2014 Hollywood Film Awards Menswear Red Carpet Roundup

2014 Hollywood Film Awards Menswear Red Carpet Roundup

34 Responses to Angelina Jolie In Gucci Première – ‘Unbroken’ Sydney Premiere

1. lu November 19, 2014 at 1:22 am #

I love it. Angelina has a way of really elevating a simple look (like the HWF awards gown) and this gown is so beautifully intricate and detailed that Angelina’s poise makes is a definite BDOTW contender.

2. John November 18, 2014 at 3:30 am #

Am I the only one that would never guess this was a Gucci Premiere dress? They have some amazing gowns and this particular one doesn´t look like one of them.

3. Chris November 18, 2014 at 2:04 am #

I find it hard to believe anyone could just blatantly “not like it”, but I don’t find it very flattering. While I expect big things from Angelina Jolie due to her earlier years and this let me down a bit, I am happy it’s not another black Versace number.

4. Bailey November 17, 2014 at 8:15 pm #

While I can’t say that I love this dress, its a step in the right direction towards changing up her red carpet style. The cut of the top of the dress is a little odd to me but her hair and makeup is great and overall she looks beautiful

5. molly November 17, 2014 at 7:54 pm #

She looks beautiful, but I really dont like these strapless, form fitting dresses on her frame. Her shoulders are so broad and bony, it makes the rest of her look out of proportion. This would have been so much better if there was some volume to the skirt to help balance it out.

6. Phoenix November 17, 2014 at 6:30 pm #

Love that she is wearing something different (for her); well, at least the lace. i dont know, the last couple of outings Ive seen of her, she looks ill. Not her usual fresh glowing face. Anyways, this is still working for me.

7. Sandy November 17, 2014 at 6:10 pm #

Angie is simply stunning, a Grande, Aristocratic Dame of time past. I would have preferred this gown in black only, the dual lace color evokes the 1920’s showgirls; her breast is way too big, much smaller would have made her more delicate, still she is so beautiful and in a league of her own, a beauty for the ages.

8. Anderbobo November 17, 2014 at 5:54 pm #

Do not like this at all, way too much lace print, too busy and yes quite cheap looking. The silhouette is nice.

9. kane November 17, 2014 at 5:28 pm #

See, it’s not black or white and so she even manages to sell this to me. It’s nothing special but at least something different at last. The bar is so low.

10. Courtney Klein November 17, 2014 at 4:58 pm #

I would love to see her with her hair down and dramatic makeup and bold accessories again someday. Sophisticated Angie is lovely but sexy Angie is mind blowing. She is still young enough.

11. jenny November 17, 2014 at 4:55 pm #

It’s really not that good, I wonder why so many praises.
    It looks more like Marchesa than a couture gown,

The hair isn’t right for it and the gown fits strangely in the proportions .
    Not her best but still appropriate and beautiful no doubt

12. Noemi November 17, 2014 at 3:20 pm #

Considering that usually Gucci Premiere gowns are really beautiful and glamorous, I’m not impressed. Even if I love lace, the fabric looks a bit cheap (in photo).
    She looks stunning as usual.

13. Ali November 17, 2014 at 3:11 pm #

She is in a league of her own, nobody can touch her, just stunning.

14. Christine November 17, 2014 at 3:06 pm #

She looks good! Wow! Something new from her. I like

15. sophie November 17, 2014 at 3:06 pm #

Love the gown but she looks skeletal as always and the hair is meh.

• Gigi November 17, 2014 at 3:56 pm #

I agree, Sophie. She looks so skinny and her new breasts are so out-of-proportion with the rest of her frame… who would have thought that someone as lovely as AJ would choose to become so augmented?

• Mari November 17, 2014 at 4:05 pm #

Her eI thought this site was for fashion discussions? Ok her breasts are never going to look natural because doctors took off all mammary tissue and fat she ever had, and replaced it with an artificial implant.
        She is very slim, so it will look unnatural regardless. They seemed to be higher set, but they look to have settled now in her torax. This dress shape enhances the bust and probably has wires underneath, hence the look.
        Smh.

IMO, the dress looks good on her, it is a departure of her usual looks, and the brands she wears. I love more her Ralph and Russo looks anyway.I love the understated makeup.

• amy November 17, 2014 at 5:36 pm #

thank you! It’s funny cause I keep reading that Angie is aging gracefully and I don’t know about that.She’s so slim that her face sometimes seems gaunt and it makes her look so much older. her upper part looks huge compared to the rest of her body.
      the dress is lovely though. And I’m glad she’s not wearing Versace

16. ala November 17, 2014 at 3:04 pm #

Today is a fab day in fashion heaven first solange now this. Angie looks amazing

17. pinksugar November 17, 2014 at 2:54 pm #

Same silhouette as always but the lace is a nice change. Still not knocking my socks off. And her highlighter under her eyes appears too light yet again. I ‘m a giirl who loves my greys and blacks but Angelina looks so beautiful in color I do wish she embraced it more often.

18. ellen November 17, 2014 at 2:52 pm #

she looks amazing!!

19. Nina November 17, 2014 at 2:45 pm #

Don’t like the lace. Her silhouette looks strange.

• Iva November 17, 2014 at 3:18 pm #

20. Yeliz November 17, 2014 at 2:28 pm #

Nothing wow, but she does look elegant and beautiful.

• elena November 17, 2014 at 2:54 pm #

21. mm November 17, 2014 at 2:24 pm #

Nice to see something a lil different. the lace is gorgeous, i instantly thought doily lace, showgirl from 1920s

22. Jane November 17, 2014 at 2:20 pm #

Amazing. She’s flawless and aging so beautifully

23. dee November 17, 2014 at 2:15 pm #

She looks lovely.

24. Scarlett November 17, 2014 at 2:07 pm #

Beautiful. It might be monochrome, but the lace is beautiful on her. Bravo.

25. Mick November 17, 2014 at 2:07 pm #

Meh. It’s not that she doesn’t overall look good -she does- I just don’t love the lace overload (it’s a bit cheap), and the dress is so un-Gucci to me it could have been any other label.

• gabis November 17, 2014 at 8:24 pm #

totally agree.

26. K November 17, 2014 at 2:05 pm #

Lovely, classic look. Perfect in that it doesn’t detract from the focus on the movie, which is what is important here.

27. Fiona-Brasil November 17, 2014 at 2:04 pm #

Exquisite!Breathtaking beautiful!

28. Alina November 17, 2014 at 2:03 pm #

I kind of expected more from Gucci Premiere + Angelina Jolie. But she does look nice.