Menu

September 8, 2014 Premiere, Runway To Red Carpet

Elizabeth Banks In Chloé – ‘Love & Mercy’ Toronto Film Festival Premiere

Posted by Emily L. Foley

Elizabeth Banks In Chloe - 'Love & Mercy' Toronto Film

Elizabeth Banks attended the premiere of the film ‘Love & Mercy’ at the 2014 Toronto International Film Festival on September 7 in Toronto, Canada.

The lovely blonde wore a blue floral Chloé Resort 2015 suit with a cropped American Apparel top, black Jimmy Choo pumps, a black marbled Jimmy Choo clutch and jewelry from Vita Fede & Dana Rebecca Designs.

This is definitely what we call ‘a lot of look’, but Elizabeth pulls it off flawlessly. I love how well she carries the bold print, and the midriff-baring top is a much better choice to wear under the suit than the voluminous blouse seen on the runway.

A messy faux-bob, light pink lips and kohl-rimmed eyes highlighted with blue eyeshadow complete the fun and funky red carpet look.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Connie Britton In Noir Sachin & Babi - 'This Is Where I Leave You' Toronto Film Festival Premiere

Connie Britton In Noir Sachin & Babi – ‘This Is Where I Leave You’ Toronto Film Festival Premiere

Amanda Seyfried In Mary Katrantzou - 'Tusk' Toronto Film Festival Premiere

Amanda Seyfried In Mary Katrantzou – ‘Tusk’ Toronto Film Festival Premiere

16 Responses to Elizabeth Banks In Chloé – ‘Love & Mercy’ Toronto Film Festival Premiere

1. Peony September 9, 2014 at 6:30 am #

I feel this woman can do no wrong, and she would have pulled it off but for the makeup. I agree with the previous comment that for an outfit this bold, she needed a very clean, chic makeup look. The deep bronzer and blue eyeshadow cheapen the overall look. I would have also loved to have seen the suit with the white blouse.

2. mattison September 9, 2014 at 2:19 am #

I saw a bit of this on Elizabeth’s Instagram and was hoping to see the full length here. I think she looks great, and I think the black top and accessories were a smart choice to add a bit of toughness.

3. Nawny September 9, 2014 at 1:03 am #

I really like the look, she pulls it off. However, this is either a terrible picture or her makeup artist should be fired. Maybe both.

• cherrysoftness September 9, 2014 at 2:30 am #

I found the make-up both poorly applied and just wrong for the look overall, too. For such a flashy outfit I felt that it needed a simpler face to be chic. The blue around her eyes is really… obnoxious. And when I say simple, I meant flawless skin. Her foundation actually makes her face darker than her neck, and the heavy bronzer is making her look sweaty.

4. pinksugar September 9, 2014 at 12:31 am #

She should have chosen one or the other, The jacket or the pants. Together she looks like a 70’s sofa.

5. Nat39 September 8, 2014 at 10:04 pm #

Overload of that print. The pants look comical.

6. Yeliz September 8, 2014 at 7:34 pm #

Love it! I wouldn’t change a thing about this look, so amazing.

7. Ramsay September 8, 2014 at 6:37 pm #

I prefer a white top with this suit (either the runway top or Elizabeth’s crop top in white)
    The tan / make-up is just weird

8. bisbee September 8, 2014 at 5:32 pm #

I disagree – I really dislike this look – it overpowers her, especially the baggy pants with such a large print. Also, either she has too much concealer on, or she got tan wearing sunglasses and her makeup artist didn’t compensate for the light circles around her eyes.

I also dislike that sash on the pants. The whole look is messy.

• CreoleLady September 9, 2014 at 12:23 am #

I don’t like this either, for some of the reasons you mention. And her hair, ugh.

• julyol1972 September 9, 2014 at 6:26 am #

Totally agree! She’s too tanned, and her hair looks brassy and straw-like! Plus, those roots though…

The outfit isn’t bad, but she can do much better.

9. Lisa September 8, 2014 at 5:18 pm #

Love!

10. m September 8, 2014 at 4:48 pm #

flawless…

11. kane September 8, 2014 at 4:08 pm #

Like this, but prefer it with the white blouse from the look book.

12. Anj September 8, 2014 at 4:07 pm #

I love this. I just wish the blazer was longer to cut down the wideness of the pants.

13. Alina September 8, 2014 at 4:03 pm #

This woman is flawless. Seriously.