Menu

September 8, 2014 Premiere

Charlotte Gainsbourg In Louis Vuitton – ‘Samba’ Toronto Film Festival Premiere

Posted by Emily L. Foley

Charlotte Gainsbourg In Louis Vuitton - 'Samba'  Toronto Film Festival Premiere

Charlotte Gainsbourg attended the premiere of the film ‘Samba’ on September 7 at the 2014 Toronto International Film Festival in Toronto, Canada.

It comes as no surprise that the actress wore her favorite designer, Louis Vuitton, and the sleeveless lace and sequin creation is a custom look from the designer.

She paired the look with some unique patent-leather boots.

Charlotte is really giving us the full Charlotte treatment with this look: The messy hair, the lack of makeup and the creative fashion choices is all just a bit much for me. I really just want to give her a hairbrush.

Tell me–do you appreciate Charlotte’s individuality on the red carpet more than I?

Credit: Getty

Jena Malone In Emilio Pucci - 'Time Out of Mind'  Toronto Film Festival Premiere

Jena Malone In Emilio Pucci – ‘Time Out of Mind’ Toronto Film Festival Premiere

Connie Britton In Noir Sachin & Babi - 'This Is Where I Leave You' Toronto Film Festival Premiere

Connie Britton In Noir Sachin & Babi – ‘This Is Where I Leave You’ Toronto Film Festival Premiere

16 Responses to Charlotte Gainsbourg In Louis Vuitton – ‘Samba’ Toronto Film Festival Premiere

1. Peony September 9, 2014 at 6:30 am #

I’m usually on board with Charlotte’s brand of nonchalant chic, but this is just plain unflattering. She looks sickly, the combination of the hair and lack of makeup and the dress is accentuating her thinness.

2. Nawny September 9, 2014 at 1:08 am #

This bugs me. She looks like someone dressed up a homeless person, but didn’t do their hair or face to go with it.

3. LOLA September 9, 2014 at 12:01 am #

Believe it or not, she wears nude make-up and have her hair done. This is typical french style: put a lot of effort to look like you have done nothing.
    In France, most of the time when a woman leaves her hairdresser, she mess her haircut right after.

For Nicolas Ghesquière, he is her friend so he knows what suit her. I like this kind of relationship between a designer and his muse. Just like Givenchy & Audrey or Diane Kruger & Jason Wu

4. elle September 8, 2014 at 8:53 pm #

I don’t mind that she does her own thing, I just wish she’d do it in different boots.

• Gemma Rockets September 8, 2014 at 11:42 pm #

Ha ha ha…. Comment of the day.

• mattison September 9, 2014 at 2:23 am #

Hilarious, and true!

5. Yeliz September 8, 2014 at 7:29 pm #

I’ve liked a couple of her previous looks, but this one not really.

6. Britta September 8, 2014 at 6:41 pm #

I love that she keeps being her quirky french self. Nothing wrong with going your own way. Fits her movie performances – which is also very individual and strong. And I find her very sexy!

7. bisbee September 8, 2014 at 5:34 pm #

I agree…nothing fabulous here. She needs some polish – which doesn’t mean a full face of makeup and a chignon – just enough NOT to look like she rolled out of bed and threw on the dress!

8. Alina September 8, 2014 at 3:45 pm #

Not my kind of style, but I guess it works for her.

• Fiona-Brasil September 8, 2014 at 8:13 pm #

9. sophie September 8, 2014 at 3:28 pm #

Everyone says this woman is so stylish when all she wears is about one designer who gives her things to wear. She is so run of the mill. Not a fashionista at all.

• pinksugar September 8, 2014 at 3:54 pm #

I never get the fuss with her either. She dresses too young (for a non-entertainer anyway) and her hair always looks like it needs a brush and a trim.

• julyol1972 September 9, 2014 at 6:32 am #

Agree! She always looks grubby, and/or unwashed to me. Plus, she needs a hair cut stat!

10. Nat39 September 8, 2014 at 3:27 pm #

Really not a fan of her style. The consistently drab pedestrian hair and non-makeup are baffling.

11. Maya September 8, 2014 at 3:22 pm #

I like this look. Sometimes it is a little too much for me too but this one I like. I think it works.