Menu

January 11, 2013 Runway To Red Carpet

Jennifer Lawrence In Prabal Gurung – 2013 AFI Awards

Posted by Catherine Kallon

Jennifer Lawrence In Prabal Gurung - 2013 AFI Awards

Jennifer Lawrence was back to her best on the red carpet whilst attending the 2013 AFI Awards, held at the Four Seasons Los Angeles in Beverly Hills, California this afternoon.

We have been dying for her to return to her former glory and there was only many up for the job: Prabal Gurung.

This is her second dress by the New York based designer in so many days, taking her from drab (at the People’s Choice Awards) to fab in this Pre-Fall 2013 colourful confection.

Her round neck sheath dress has the mature feel, which her team is no doubt pushing her towards, with youthful thanks to the metallic neon tweed inserts and Casadei for Prabal Gurung ankle strap mesh pumps with pink accents, a white toe-cap, and a sculptural mirrored heel.

I was really starting to worry for her award season campaign, but this look has put those fears on hold.

Auburn wavy tresses and a black Jill Milan clutch completed her look.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Zhang Xinyi In Diane von Furstenberg - Sohu Fashion Achievement Awards

Zhang Xinyi In Diane von Furstenberg – Sohu Fashion Achievement Awards

2013 Critics’ Choice Movie Awards Menswear Round Up

2013 Critics’ Choice Movie Awards Menswear Round Up

29 Responses to Jennifer Lawrence In Prabal Gurung – 2013 AFI Awards

1. Aline January 12, 2013 at 7:44 pm #

I’m in love with her new glossy hair!

I actually have been enjoying her looks since the beginning of the week when she ditched Dior. And I don’t really mind black. I’m just waiting for a WOW girl-on-fire moment, I guess.

I really like this dress too and am a bit on the fence about the shoes. But overrall I think she was consistent this week.

2. Jones19 January 12, 2013 at 6:44 pm #

LOVE this look! Finally Jennifer looks like herself again. Phew!

3. Tracy L January 12, 2013 at 4:56 pm #

Love the dress! Fantastic. Not especially in love with the shoes, but at least they are not nude pumps!

4. Glenda January 12, 2013 at 1:35 pm #

You could have knocked me down with a feather upon first laying eyes on this look. Morticia Addams has finally left the building, hurrah! Hopefully she keeps this up for the rest of the awards season…

5. justme January 12, 2013 at 11:26 am #

I wasn’t fan of the Prabal Gurung gown she wore at the Critics’s Choice awards but this one, I can get behind.
    Jennifer should stick to hair like this: lighter locks, no bangs and down. It softens her features imo.

6. Noemi (WBiS) January 12, 2013 at 9:25 am #

I like this look from head to toe. Lovely and age appropriate.

7. Ss January 12, 2013 at 4:22 am #

Wow, Jennifer looks amazing here! I am so glad she lightened her hair color.

8. Angela January 12, 2013 at 4:21 am #

I think we’ve all learned some things after Jennifer’s last year: She is at her best in Prabal Gurung, especially heights. The dark Dior phase made me want to cry. This dress is perfect for her age and personality, so young and vibrant. The shoes are perfection for the neon pink in the tweed dress (interesting mixture, no?) and the breezy, boho vibe of the hair is the perfect compliment. This is one of her best looks to date IMO.

9. Jess2 January 12, 2013 at 3:57 am #

This is what I am talking about!!! Jennifer needs to stick with Prabal Gurung, they make a perfect team! Also loving her slightly lighter hair colour. Fingers crossed in the hopes that she continues to do well through awards season.

10. pipsqueak January 12, 2013 at 3:53 am #

Now, that’s more like it! She looked stunning yet the fresh design and playful colors still suited her age. This is my favorite of her so far in this award season.

11. Emmeline January 12, 2013 at 2:52 am #

She looks fantastic. Crossing my fingers that this upswing continues.

• Mandy January 12, 2013 at 8:54 am #

12. EmmaWoodhouse January 12, 2013 at 2:30 am #

WOWWW! I liked her Critic’s Choice look, which was sophisticated, but this is perfect perfect perfect for Jennifer! it deserves a spot on the BDOTW poll, imo! I can’t find a single flaw–the shoes are spot on, glad she didn’t wear the slightly mismatched belt, the hair is perfect (what a lovely shade and thank goodness the bangs are gone!) All in all a winning look.

13. shap_half January 12, 2013 at 2:00 am #

YES!!!!! She looks fantastic!!!
    And I actually really love how much more sex appeal the hair adds to the overall look. Good for her!!

14. Luiza January 12, 2013 at 1:18 am #

She was interviewed by E! yesterday and she said that she’s already seeing some sketches for her Oscar dress. Probably it will be Dior, but I won’t be surpried if she wear Prabal, cuz she seems to have something with the designer since The Hunger Games premiere.

15. June January 12, 2013 at 1:15 am #

hmm…my hunch is that her team is “maturing” her to increase her chances of winning an Oscar, seeing that there’s talk that Naomi Watts (a veteran) is gaining traction and some members of the Academy still view Jennifer as a newbie, i.e., too “young” to be getting all the accolades she’s been getting. She looks great here though!

16. lee January 12, 2013 at 12:37 am #

love this, though a high sleek ponytail would have added the final touch.

17. Yeliz January 12, 2013 at 12:33 am #

The white toe-caps are a bit distracting but other than that, she looks great here. Finally a look from her, which is age appropriate from head to toe.

• admmgz January 12, 2013 at 2:14 am #

• kane January 12, 2013 at 10:19 am #

and 2!

• Cindy January 12, 2013 at 5:10 am #

18. robbie January 12, 2013 at 12:21 am #

she looks great, but seriously PRE-FALL! its not even the middle of january and already people are wearing pre-fall looks!

• CreoleLady January 12, 2013 at 1:53 am #

I hear you, loud and clear. I’m still trying to figure out what “pre-fall” really means, lol. Maybe if we wait a week, folks will be wearing Fall 2013 and will be seasonal again….

19. Shelby January 12, 2013 at 12:13 am #

While I don’t love this look entirely, it is very encouraging. While maturing her look isn’t necessarily a bad idea, there is a fine line between maturing and aging her. Color is going to be essential, I think. A mature dress can be made fresh depending on color and accessories. It will be interesting to watch her go through the award season and to review her run through the red carpet for this season.

20. Ella January 12, 2013 at 12:13 am #

Not crazy about the shoes…..would ditch the ankle strap….but I love the dress!!

The color is fantastic!

21. TeaAtTwo January 12, 2013 at 12:10 am #

I’m pleased she’s gone back to a lighter hair colour and that she’s wearing something a stylish contemporary 22 year old should wear which hasn’t been the case recently.

22. asherlev1 January 11, 2013 at 11:53 pm #

This is the best she has looked in AGES! Thank goddddd.

23. Rebecca Z January 11, 2013 at 11:36 pm #

Whew! Finally, something she looks charming and happy in!

• Christine January 12, 2013 at 4:10 am #

Amen!! Finally! This is the Jennifer Lawrence I know and like. She rocked this to a T. Yes, girl 😀