Menu

May 8, 2012 Runway To Red Carpet

Ginnifer Goodwin In Monique Lhuillier – 2012 Met Gala

Following her Kentucky Derby disaster, Ginnifer Goodwin really needed to step things up several notches at the 2012 Meta Gala to erase the horrible memory.

She should consider herself totally redeemed as she looked sensational wearing a Monique Lhuillier gown.

The tangerine silk-chiffon cap-sleeve gown with an embroidered neckline and draped skirt and leather tangerine belt was styled with H.Stern jewels.

I would be lying if I said that I liked her Brian Atwood silver satin pumps, but I want to give Ginnifer a pass for getting everything else so right.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Lily Collins In Valentino Couture - 2012 Met Gala

Lily Collins In Valentino Couture – 2012 Met Gala

Emily Blunt In Calvin Klein - 2012 Met Gala

Emily Blunt In Calvin Klein – 2012 Met Gala

44 Responses to Ginnifer Goodwin In Monique Lhuillier – 2012 Met Gala

1. Guest April 23, 2019 at 8:36 pm #

The tangerine is flattering but the spectacular details show up much better in black. There are no words for the shoes…

2. Guest April 23, 2019 at 8:36 pm #

Gorgeous. Beautiful colour, beautiful fit, love the neckline. My favourite Met 2012 look so far.
    She needs a shoe swap though, I would love to see what other choices of shoe she could have worn.

3. Guest April 23, 2019 at 8:36 pm #

Such a stunning dress.
    Nude pumps would have been better than those silver ones.

4. Guest April 23, 2019 at 8:36 pm #

I adore adore adore this form the ankle up. She does this look better than almost anyone, and as a favourite form last year she was hte one ot watch for me. I also maintain that these shoes look better in real life than under flashbulbs & cameras, so I can forgive it as long as it is never to ever ever happen again.

5. Guest April 23, 2019 at 8:36 pm #

If she had worn the runway version than I would’ve liked nothing about this look. But the tangerine colour is soooo amazing!
    Now Ginnifer who made you wear those hideous satin pumps to such a delicate gown? If I would’ve saw only o tiny piece of the shoes than I would’ve gave her a pass too but they are too distracting. Although I love the gown I can’t love the overall look.

6. Guest April 23, 2019 at 8:36 pm #

Don’t like the pumps. The dress is super-eye-catching and she’s one of my favorites!!!! Top five! (And I don’t usually like orange!)

7. Guest April 23, 2019 at 8:36 pm #

Oooh girl, I love this! I like it so much better in this color than the black (and I normally like black dresses). I will look past the shoes, too.

8. Guest April 23, 2019 at 8:36 pm #

I tend to agree with you, the dress is not bad, pity about the shoes.

9. Guest April 23, 2019 at 8:36 pm #

She has the most striking and beautiful face. I love love love this dress, it is stunning, especially in that colour. Definitely redeemed!

10. Guest April 23, 2019 at 8:36 pm #

I love both versions!!! Amazing.

Fits her perfectly. The colour, everything, superb!

11. Guest April 23, 2019 at 8:36 pm #

The pumps were not a good choice, but the rest of the look is nice.

12. Guest April 23, 2019 at 8:36 pm #

I hate satin pumps in general but silver sating paired with an orange gown??? What was she thinking!?

13. Guest April 23, 2019 at 8:36 pm #

The pumps are such a big no.

14. Guest April 23, 2019 at 8:36 pm #

Those shoes are hideous with this dress and probably the gown would have looked better on someone a bit taller, but the dress itself is so exquisite that I really like this look overall.

15. Guest April 23, 2019 at 8:36 pm #

I love everything but the shoes….why such a heavy pump with a delicate and beautiful gown? And would it kill her to smile?

16. Guest April 23, 2019 at 8:36 pm #

I prefer the black dress like the runway model wore. I barely can see the detail on her.
    And can she just choose an orange pumps to match her dress?

17. Guest April 23, 2019 at 8:36 pm #

I love that she chose to wear this dress in orange, it’s such a great color on her. But I totally agree about the shoes. I saw way too many pairs of satin pumps last night.

18. Guest April 23, 2019 at 8:36 pm #

The shoes are fug. The dress on the otherhand is splendid! I prefer the tangerine color to black.

19. Guest April 23, 2019 at 8:36 pm #

The gown is far more stunning in orange. I don’t know why Monique made it black on the runway. Ginnifer’s stylist was clever to change the color.

She looks amazing and I don’t mind the shoes even though they aren’t correct.

20. Guest April 23, 2019 at 8:36 pm #

I love this dress on her, she is quite brave with her choices and this is beautiful. Love the orange, not keen on the shoes, at least they weren’t black…

21. Guest April 23, 2019 at 8:36 pm #

this is much better than that previous, deplorable hat ensemble.

if she had just changed her shoes, this look wld have been perfect

CC

22. Guest April 23, 2019 at 8:36 pm #

Snow White looks amazing 🙂

23. Parvati May 9, 2012 at 12:47 pm #

The pumps were not a good choice, but the rest of the look is nice.

24. Felicia May 9, 2012 at 11:54 am #

I love both versions!!! Amazing.

Fits her perfectly. The colour, everything, superb!

25. Jess2 May 9, 2012 at 9:23 am #

26. Amanda May 9, 2012 at 6:43 am #

I tend to agree with you, the dress is not bad, pity about the shoes.

27. Dhppy May 9, 2012 at 4:04 am #

28. EmmaWoodhouse May 8, 2012 at 11:50 pm #

29. Yeliz May 8, 2012 at 6:59 pm #

30. Hannah May 8, 2012 at 5:21 pm #

31. justme May 8, 2012 at 4:38 pm #

Such a stunning dress.
    Nude pumps would have been better than those silver ones.

32. Nia May 8, 2012 at 4:35 pm #

33. DivaDebbi (Beauty and Fashion Blog) May 8, 2012 at 4:21 pm #

34. Zineb May 8, 2012 at 4:21 pm #

Snow White looks amazing 🙂

35. CC May 8, 2012 at 4:21 pm #

this is much better than that previous, deplorable hat ensemble.

if she had just changed her shoes, this look wld have been perfect

CC

36. Fiona May 8, 2012 at 3:49 pm #

37. Riley May 8, 2012 at 3:23 pm #

She looks amazing and I don’t mind the shoes even though they aren’t correct.

38. Christine May 8, 2012 at 2:58 pm #

39. Emmeline May 8, 2012 at 2:42 pm #

40. bm May 8, 2012 at 2:33 pm #

And can she just choose an orange pumps to match her dress?

41. Colleen May 8, 2012 at 2:23 pm #

42. Nat May 8, 2012 at 2:16 pm #

43. Alina May 8, 2012 at 1:48 pm #

The pumps are such a big no.

• Jones19 May 8, 2012 at 6:24 pm #