Menu

April 19, 2012 Premiere, Runway To Red Carpet

Cobie Smulders In Alexandra Vidal – The Avengers’ London Premiere

Thank God for Cobie Smulders, otherwise the ‘The Avengers’ premieres would be a total snooze fest.

The actress upstaged Scarlett Johansson once again at the London premiere at the Vue Westfield tonight.

It may have been raining, but Cobie brought the heat wearing a fiery red Alexandra Vidal Fall 2012 gown.

Cobie didn’t travel thousands of miles to stand in anyone’s shadow, oh no.

This long-sleeve keyhole dress with a textured hemline is the epitome of the phrase ‘go big or go home’.

ScarJo should be killing it on the red carpet like this as she is the female lead.

Hopefully Cobie’s appearance in London means she’s tagging Scarlet out of this promo tour so she can take over.

A simple headband and a gold clutch completed her look.

Credit: WWD.com & Getty

Scarlett Johansson In Prada - 'The Avengers' London Premiere

Scarlett Johansson In Prada – ‘The Avengers’ London Premiere

Camilla Belle In Reiss - 2012 Tribeca Film Festival Jury Lunch

Camilla Belle In Reiss – 2012 Tribeca Film Festival Jury Lunch

74 Responses to Cobie Smulders In Alexandra Vidal – The Avengers’ London Premiere

1. Guest June 8, 2019 at 9:30 pm #

Though I like her in this gown, this is something I’d expect to see at the Oscars or Cannes. It seems a bit much for this event.

2. Guest June 8, 2019 at 9:30 pm #

Although Ifeel like teh top half is a little old looking, it reminds me of a cardigan, frankly, I adore her dress. I especially love the back.
    She also always looks so elegant and she doesn’t wear snoozey dresses. And she wore the Alberta Ferretti aqua bleu gown to the emmy’s, I beleive, and so I will forever love her for that.

3. Guest June 8, 2019 at 9:30 pm #

Can we also get some guys from Avengers too? Like Tom Hiddleston please

4. Guest June 8, 2019 at 9:30 pm #

She looks fantastic!

5. Guest June 8, 2019 at 9:30 pm #

I don’t know, I like the drama but I’m not sold on the dress. The top seems a bit fuddy-duddy to me, and her poor posture isn’t helping. And while I love the skirt and the color, it’s almost blending into the carpet.

6. Guest June 8, 2019 at 9:30 pm #

For once, dear FC we don’t agree. This looks matronly, it doesn’t have the greatest fit, and it looks like the carpet is swallowing her.

7. Guest June 8, 2019 at 9:30 pm #

I don’t like this at all. Don’t really like the dress and I don[t like her hair with that headband. I agree with justme–she is overdoing it. This is an action hero movie–I like Scarlett’s looks much more.

8. Guest June 8, 2019 at 9:30 pm #

The dress is stunning! Not to familiar with the actress so will only talk about the dress. It’s on trend with the big, bold and bright. Tricky trend that can easily go wrong. The designer nailed it! It is sophisticated, refined, elegant and ladylike. Genius!

9. Guest June 8, 2019 at 9:30 pm #

Wonderful color, wonderful shape, wonderful face yet something just isn’t working for me. Perhaps the “gurly” headband against that uber feminine silhouette. I think I would have loved this dress if it did not have that little piece of fabric at the neckline. The v-neck with the long sleeves would have been a bit more punchy.

10. Guest June 8, 2019 at 9:30 pm #

THIS is what I’m talking about. FLAWLESS!

11. Guest June 8, 2019 at 9:30 pm #

I was looking forward to this post.. She looks amazing!

12. Guest June 8, 2019 at 9:30 pm #

As much as I find Scarlett underdressed, I do think Cobie is doing too much lol.
    And while I’m pleased that at least she’s wearing gowns, I haven’t liked any of the ones she’s picked so far. I wasn’t impressed with the Donna Karan’s and this one leaves me cold too. Especially with that headband.

13. Guest June 8, 2019 at 9:30 pm #

While she looks fantastic, loving the colour, the textured hemline, the open back, the updo (can see from the back shots) is gorgeous with the gown, and is certainly bringing some attitude, but I can’t get too excited about it due to her bad posture (she has to get rid of that slouch, same in all photoes), it makes her bust appear saggy and affects the silhouette.

14. Guest June 8, 2019 at 9:30 pm #

An amazing look from her. We don’t see her much on the red carpet, but she has been flawless every time. The only issue is her pose.

15. Guest June 8, 2019 at 9:30 pm #

STUNNING. So regal! She could def have better posture though.

16. Guest June 8, 2019 at 9:30 pm #

Colbie makes me swooooon. Look, if ScarJo isn’t bringing the heat, somebody has to, so good for Colbie. The gown is gorgeous and props to Colbie for picking a designer no one has heard of and still upstaging the main star in Prada.

BDOTW.

17. Guest June 8, 2019 at 9:30 pm #

Cobie definitely should take over Scarlett’s place. She is doing amazing so far.

18. Guest June 8, 2019 at 9:30 pm #

Yes, she is the 2nd female lead. There are only 2 female heroes in the movie. ScarJo is an assassin and Cobie is 2nd-in-command of the agency that forms the Avengers. 🙂

19. Guest June 8, 2019 at 9:30 pm #

Is she even the 2nd or third female lead?? This look is a total 180 from Scarlett’s. You will think Cobie is the lead actress LOL.

Kudos to her for wearing the better dress. Scarlett needs to step her game up!

20. GLady's Fernandez June 15, 2012 at 1:41 am #

Her elegance & chi style convince she’s the best.

21. Stephanie April 20, 2012 at 9:34 pm #

Pic of her with better posture here. She DOES sell the dress 🙂

22. belisa April 20, 2012 at 5:45 pm #

LOVE THIS

23. FelipeA April 20, 2012 at 5:26 pm #

She looks amazing, but the dress feels very Givenchy circa 2007 to me. I’m happy for the designer though. Nice to see someone getting a break post Project Runway

• Nury Jacobsen April 22, 2012 at 1:02 am #

Bergdorf Goodman carries Alexandra Vidal’s collection. I have also seen her gowns on Scarlet Johansen and a few of the stars from Gossip Girl. I too, am impressed!!

24. Jones19 April 20, 2012 at 2:33 pm #

I could not care less about ScarJo. Cobie is my girl!

25. dee April 20, 2012 at 1:37 pm #

I like the dress but I think her hair kinda kills the look. Would have liked her hair down.

26. susie April 20, 2012 at 10:26 am #

She looks amazing. Relax about her posture This is just one photo.

27. Jess2 April 20, 2012 at 9:51 am #

gorgeous!!

28. Bec April 20, 2012 at 9:33 am #

Love her, she is never boring on the red carpet – she always brings her A-Game!

29. Katyr April 20, 2012 at 9:24 am #

LOVE!! BOTW!!!

30. Alina April 20, 2012 at 9:08 am #

THIS is what I’m talking about. FLAWLESS!

31. gurlygurl April 20, 2012 at 8:41 am #

32. Nury Jacobsen April 20, 2012 at 4:07 am #

33. Rebecca Z April 20, 2012 at 12:25 am #

34. abasss April 20, 2012 at 12:02 am #

35. EmmaWoodhouse April 19, 2012 at 11:56 pm #

36. Aline April 19, 2012 at 11:47 pm #

She looks fantastic!

37. auntychrist April 19, 2012 at 11:24 pm #

Can we also get some guys from Avengers too? Like Tom Hiddleston please

38. Hannah April 19, 2012 at 10:49 pm #

39. Dhppy April 19, 2012 at 10:45 pm #

40. alliehstyle April 19, 2012 at 9:56 pm #

STUNNING. so regal. Gowns like this make these big ptemieres way more fun to follow. I do wish she had better posture.

41. Kaylie April 19, 2012 at 9:51 pm #

I’ve watched Cobie in “How I Met Your Mother” for years, and I’ve always liked her. So I’m happy she’s getting all of this Avengers attention now. This is a great look for her! Hope she keeps it up.

• CreoleLady April 20, 2012 at 12:09 am #

THAT’s where I recognize her. Have caught the show occasionally. Hadn’t been interested enough to google her. But she’s looking so good (upstaging ScarJo) that I’m getting interested, lol. Good on her for bringing the glam.

• Lee April 20, 2012 at 1:05 pm #

42. marvel April 19, 2012 at 9:45 pm #

She looks amazing!!!

Knew she wouldnt let me down. I pray she is on the promo tour. I couldnt care less about ScarJo.

• Fashion Critic April 19, 2012 at 10:03 pm #

Ditto to your whole comment

43. Christine April 19, 2012 at 9:42 pm #

Kudos to her for wearing the better dress. Scarlett needs to step her game up!

• Kaylie April 20, 2012 at 12:39 am #

• Christine April 20, 2012 at 3:24 am #

Oh ok thank you 🙂

44. Yeliz April 19, 2012 at 9:36 pm #

45. Riley April 19, 2012 at 9:36 pm #

BDOTW.

46. alliehstyle April 19, 2012 at 9:35 pm #

STUNNING. So regal! She could def have better posture though.

47. fromchi-town April 19, 2012 at 9:33 pm #

48. Nat39 April 19, 2012 at 9:21 pm #

49. justme April 19, 2012 at 9:16 pm #

50. auntychrist April 19, 2012 at 9:06 pm #

I was looking forward to this post.. She looks amazing!