Menu

05.10.17 Screening

Rooney Mara In Alexander McQueen – ‘UNA’ New York Screening

Rooney Mara may have been at Paris Fashion Week for the Givenchy Spring 2018 show, but it’s Alexander McQueen who marked her return to the red carpet for the ‘UNA’ New York screening on Wednesday (October 4).

Black and white are Rooney’s preferred red carpet choices, however red is occasionally added to this mix.

The actress recently said to Harper’s Bazaar that she loves to express herself through fashion, so I feel confidence is what she’s portraying in this Spring 2018 two-piece.

While you might be saying, “where’s the McQueen in this McQueen?” I’m loving the striking colour and simplicity of the styling.

Credit: Getty

Paco Rabanne Spring 2018 Wish List

Paco Rabanne Spring 2018 Wish List

Introducing the L.K. Bennett x Preen Collection

Introducing the L.K. Bennett x Preen Collection

12 Responses to Rooney Mara In Alexander McQueen – ‘UNA’ New York Screening

1. Alba October 6, 2017 at 05:08 #

The sheer paneling on the bottom of the dress ruins it for me. It looks like something from ASOS. I like that she’s wearing a color but the severe hair is so joyless!

2. Christine October 6, 2017 at 00:06 #

She should wear RED more often!!

3. JHH October 5, 2017 at 18:47 #

I agree that the top looks like a fancy sports bra. I don’t think Rooney has the presence to pull this look off.

4. Vallath October 5, 2017 at 17:55 #

Imagine if Rooney added purple and green to her palette. And sapphire…

She’s doesn’t have to be Viola Davis when it comes to color, but whites, blacks and reds is boring and actually doesn’t do much for the brand in terms of press. Rooney is never going to give them good press because each look blends into everything else.

5. Susie October 5, 2017 at 16:56 #

Props to her for trying something different, but I’m not a fan of the ensemble and she looks uncomfortable in it. That top resembles a garish sports bra and I’m not sure what’s going on with the skirt.

6. pinksugar October 5, 2017 at 16:32 #

I love this look. Rooney looks fantastic in red and it’s such a rare occasion we actually get to see. Her hair and makeup are always too harsh for me, so nothing new there. I don’t know that I would have guessed this was McQueen, but the brand has become so tame (and a bit boring) the last few years I’m really not surprised.

7. meme October 5, 2017 at 14:34 #

Color me SHOCKED that she’s not wearing black or white. I love the color but the outfit definitely does not say McQueen to me. Sarah Burton is all over the place with her designs.

8. TeaAtTwo October 5, 2017 at 13:12 #

I like the outfit but sure seems too timid to sell it. I imagine Gabrielle Union rocking this.

9. Chris October 5, 2017 at 12:37 #

Love! While I love her in black and white looks, the fact that she rarely wears color makes her moments of color that much more striking. She looks great.

10. Maya October 5, 2017 at 11:51 #

I quite like the ensemble itself, although I think maybe she made the wrong choice on hair.

11. aa October 5, 2017 at 11:48 #

I think this is a great look for her.

• Caroline October 5, 2017 at 20:35 #