Menu

Charlize Theron In Christian Dior – ‘The Fate Of The Furious’ New York Premiere

Charlize Theron was also at ‘The Fate Of The Furious’ New York premiere on Saturday (April 8), joining Rosie Huntington-Whiteley and Michelle Rodriguez.

We’ve seen the actress lately swing from sharp, minimalist looks to a sweeter romantic showing during her ‘Fast & Furious 8’ tour, but here she brought in a newly extravagant form of style-forward edginess.

Nearly militaristic in style—albeit under hyper-glam, gladiator terms—the Christian Dior Fall 2017 sheer, embellished dress was a strong statement especially when paired with over-the-knee boots and rows of necklaces.

I have little doubt this look may be quite divisive, but Charlize rocked it to the max, wielding her classic sense of elegance with all that edge.

Credit: Vogue.com & Getty

Michelle Rodriguez In Vivienne Westwood Couture - 'The Fate Of The Furious' New York Premiere

Michelle Rodriguez In Vivienne Westwood Couture – ‘The Fate Of The Furious’ New York Premiere

Kerry Washington In J. Mendel -  ABC's Scandal 100th Episode Celebration

Kerry Washington In J. Mendel – ABC’s Scandal 100th Episode Celebration

22 Responses to Charlize Theron In Christian Dior – ‘The Fate Of The Furious’ New York Premiere

1. justine April 10, 2017 at 18:34 #

Not my favorite look from her, but it works for the movie she’s promoting

2. Caroline April 10, 2017 at 16:58 #

I actually like this. She can’t be classic Charlize at the Fast and Furious premiere. This works on her. To me, she’s selling it.

3. Juan April 10, 2017 at 16:34 #

Maybe this will be controversial but I don´t really care for Dior just for a long time now. Even when Raf was there, I only like his first collections and then, I started to dislike everything. I was really hoping Maria had the chance to show her essence but I keep thinking that maybe she is still in the process to make her own version of Dior.
    If anyone had the vision and the genius creativity to work there, it was John Galliano. His time in Dior, even with that horrible end, was magical and stylish. You could take almost everything he did there and it still would look beautiful and timeless.

• Leandra April 10, 2017 at 16:46 #

I very much agree with you. For while I won’t spend my money at Dior.

4. from-chitown April 10, 2017 at 15:37 #

Die sheer trend, die. Ugh…. not you too Charlize!

• The original AB April 10, 2017 at 18:59 #

I concur! This is a head to toe fashion crime. WDOTY.

5. Ale April 10, 2017 at 14:25 #

What is going on with her style???

6. Alina April 10, 2017 at 09:18 #

I understand her (her stylist’s) idea to wear edgier looks for the promotion of this particular movie, but God, this is a mess!

• Christine April 11, 2017 at 03:22 #

Agreed. I am not buying this look on her

7. amy April 10, 2017 at 08:32 #

The model wore it better and that’s not saying muc . Charlize is a stunner but this dress does not do her justice. Too much going on, the frock itself isn’t very nice from the beginning . When you add all the accesories and PVC boots it’s a bit of a mess. I appreciate her trying new things but in this case :nope.
    By the way, wake me up when Dior is done churning basic sheer dresses.

8. Lashae April 10, 2017 at 07:21 #

Only thing I like are the boots, everything else…….. is a big gigantic NO. The hair and jewelry are a no and the dress is most definitely a no.

I think this is the worst of any of the outfits she’s worn for this promo tbh which hasn’t been good at all

Also, can this sheer trend die now?

9. VG April 10, 2017 at 02:35 #

This outfit makes no sense on a 41 year old Oscar winning actress. I mean, there is nothing wrong with dressing sexy or edgy at ANY age but this whole look just screams desperate to me. It’s completely unnecessary on Charlize. She could look sharp and chic without looking like a Kardashian.

What’s worse is that it’s Dior! What is Maria thinking?! I loved her work at Valentino but she has failed miserably at Dior IMO. It’s just been terrible from the get-go.

10. Megs222 April 10, 2017 at 02:27 #

I find this look embarrassing for Charlize. Such a try-hard look which I do not usually associate with her at all! I dislike it so much.

11. Ugonna Wosu April 10, 2017 at 01:51 #

I like this one , and the black pantsuit from the other night in Paris! Tres chic!

12. CreoleLady April 10, 2017 at 01:41 #

Militaristic? This mishmash of sheer with boots and random necklaces and a clutch is just ugly. She looks ridiculous.

13. Leandra April 10, 2017 at 01:32 #

Remember those times when you would spot someone wearing a freakish , nonsensical outfit and you immediately associated it with Prada ? And you would get it right 95% of times ? Well, now it’s Dior’s time.
    This is a big, rotund and ressonant NOOOOOOOOOOO for me. The very last thing I want to see on the RC is other women’s crotch.

14. Nat39 April 10, 2017 at 01:21 #

And it just keeps getting worse… The look doesn’t work for Charlize, it does look try-hard. I’m still waiting for her to produce a truly chic look that would be up to her level.

• Nat39 April 10, 2017 at 02:05 #

..this makes me think of models at various events, I can see something like this on Kendall Jenner, for ex.

• CS April 10, 2017 at 02:31 #

I agree. Perhaps this is an experimental phase. This outfit downright did not deserve a Charlize Theron.

• JHH April 10, 2017 at 06:16 #

I agree. This is just bad. As said before, it screams desperate and Charlize Theron does not have to resort to an outfit like this mish-mash to get attention.

15. Chris April 10, 2017 at 00:31 #

The look works for me on Charlize and for the promotion of this specific movie. On anyone else, this would have been try hard and tacky, but Charlize is selling it. I wish at least the skirt was lined, but ah well… I can live with it on the occasion.

That being said, I don’t like how all the Dior looks are super sheer lately (I just saw the looks from the Olivier Awards, even more sheer Dior walked that carpet). Under Raf Simons, the brand used to be the epitome of classy and modern and now all we get is sheer looks with all the underwear on full display and usually brand logos on everything (luckily they are absent on Charlize’s look here) which isn’t exactly classy. I like Maria and really wanted to like her Dior, but, while I have liked a look here or there, I overall already am pretty fatigued.

• Schoolbea April 10, 2017 at 15:41 #

I totally agree on your view of this year’s Dior. Fatigued already. The last word I would associate Dio with at this moment is “classy”. And there’s more coming, and more to come, if the Olivier Awards are to give any clues.