Menu

April 9, 2017 Runway To Red Carpet

Kerry Washington In J. Mendel – ABC’s Scandal 100th Episode Celebration

Kerry Washington attended ABC’s 100th episode celebration for ‘Scandal’ on Saturday (April 8) in West Hollywood, California.

Embracing a flourish of whimsical femininity, she donned a J. Mendel Fall 2017 navy dress, which had a beautifully romantic interplay of textural, tulle components.

I loved the soft balletic quality of the skirt’s shorter hemline, which was longer on Kerry but still maintained a fresh, youthful lightness.

Would you agree?

Credit: Vogue.com & Getty

Charlize Theron In Christian Dior -  'The Fate Of The Furious' New York Premiere

Charlize Theron In Christian Dior – ‘The Fate Of The Furious’ New York Premiere

Cara Delevingne In Alexandre Vauthier Couture - 4th Annual unite4:humanity Gala

Cara Delevingne In Alexandre Vauthier Couture – 4th Annual unite4:humanity Gala

10 Responses to Kerry Washington In J. Mendel – ABC’s Scandal 100th Episode Celebration

1. Barbara April 11, 2017 at 5:02 am #

Pardon my pun, but Kerry appears to be busting out of this dress. Seriously!
    Do actresses ever actually buy a dress? It looks like they are loaners and therefore cannot be hemmed or fitted properly. Shame because it is a pretty dress.
    Agree with Caroline and Chris that her red carpet looks have not been as great as they used to be.

2. Christine April 11, 2017 at 3:21 am #

Not a good look or fit

3. Caroline April 10, 2017 at 4:56 pm #

Her style has been going downhill for a long time now. I can’t remember last time she impressed me.

4. Lisa April 10, 2017 at 12:29 pm #

The dress looks better on the model than Kerry.

• anonymous as always April 10, 2017 at 11:09 pm #

5. JHH36 April 10, 2017 at 6:18 am #

This is too small on top and does not really work as a floor length gown. And she looks like she knows that and is just uncomfortable.

6. Nat39 April 10, 2017 at 1:28 am #

Cute dress, but doesn’t fit her right – too long (although it can pass), and way too small in the bust which brings the look down.

• Alina April 10, 2017 at 9:26 am #

I agree.

7. Pheephee April 10, 2017 at 12:37 am #

Is that a sheer piece at her thighs? I do not like that one bit. it adds nothing interesting but is distracting.
    I enjoy the color but I also feel like it is too low on the chest.

8. Chris April 10, 2017 at 12:21 am #

I don’t think this gown is right for her. I feel like shape, color and length don’t do much for her. And it seems to sit a bit tight and low on the bust. It’s just still so far away from what her style used to be. She needs to get back to Erin Walsh; Joseph Cassell can’t seem to get it right with her, either the look is boring or there are fit issues or both when he styles her.