Sandra Bullock In Prabal Gurung – 2014 Golden Globe Awards

Sandra Bullock In Prabal Gurung - 2014 Golden Globe Awards

Sandra Bullock continued her rather new love affair with colour at the 2014 Golden Globe Awards, hosted at The Beverly Hilton Hotel in Beverly Hills, California on Sunday evening (January 12).

The ‘Gravity’ star and best actress nominee continued to step outside the lines of her style comfort zone in a Prabal Gurung Pre-Fall 2014 high-low gown, which she wore with black, ankle-strap sandals.

Seeing the sharply tailored, lookbook version of this pink, black and baby-blue colour-block design immediately made me miss the punctuation of the white belt. It also cast a spotlight on some unfortunate wrinkles and rumples that appeared in Sandy’s dress.

That said, she looked beautiful with her soft, blushing makeup and fuchsia lip that played off the pastel pink in her ensemble. I was also delighted to see her brunette locks refreshingly swept into a side-parted low ponytail.

m-5-272772-4-WfU2iSZvdSVo

You can pre-order Sandra’s Prabal Gurung Doubleface Satin V-Neck Gown from ModaOperandi.com.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Jessica Chastain In Givenchy – 2014 Golden Globe Awards

Jessica Chastain In Givenchy – 2014 Golden Globe Awards

Kate Beckinsale In Zuhair Murad Couture - 2014 Golden Globe Awards

Kate Beckinsale In Zuhair Murad Couture – 2014 Golden Globe Awards

28 Responses to Sandra Bullock In Prabal Gurung – 2014 Golden Globe Awards

1. Christine January 13, 2014 at 02:03 #

I really miss the belt. It looks so much better with the belt.

2. Moxie January 13, 2014 at 02:04 #

I’m missing the belt too.

3. CreoleLady January 13, 2014 at 02:07 #

I’m crushing on Sandra Bullock right now. I can see why she eliminated the white belt, but perhaps a thin black belt might have defined her waist even more. Still, this is different, surprisingly fun in an elegant way. A hit for me.

4. Nat39 January 13, 2014 at 02:08 #

I adore it on the model – sharp and wrinkle-free. I’m also desperately missing the belt, the look is incomplete w/o it. Her hair and makeup are beautiful though.

• Serenity January 13, 2014 at 02:15 #

I loved this when I saw it in the lookbook, and was anxious to see it on the red carpet. But unfortunately, it didn’t translate well. It just looks so rumpled. The fabric, apparently doesn’t hold up well in “real life”, which is a design flaw, IMO. And of course, it needed the belt! Disappointed, to say the least.

5. Markness January 13, 2014 at 02:10 #

When I saw this on style.com, I was hoping someone would wear this on awards night and indeed Sandra did. But, why didn’t she wear the belt? And the wrinkles made me sadder.

6. jessicamarantelli January 13, 2014 at 02:10 #

Surprising for Sandy B but I really like it. A nice combo of colours and yet another rise and fall hemline.

7. Yeliz January 13, 2014 at 02:10 #

She should’ve worn the whole lookbook version, including the hairstyle. I don’t like neither Sandra’s hairstyle with this gown nor the creases on the gown. And I miss the belt too.

• Mandy January 13, 2014 at 03:18 #

8. Anj January 13, 2014 at 02:12 #

Honestly, this dress looks a lot better on TV (and I’m sure even more so in person). It’s a surprising pick for her so I applaud her for her interesting choice.

9. Marybeth January 13, 2014 at 02:16 #

Satin is such an unforgiving fabric.
    This dress HAS to be smooth and crisp for the color blocking to work. You just can’t get that with satin in real life.

Nice try — and she looks great from the neck up!

10. Anne Gallagher January 13, 2014 at 02:30 #

It isn’t very flattering. I don’t much care for this look. She looks like a Neapolitan sundae.

• Lashae January 13, 2014 at 04:50 #

ia

11. Magdalena January 13, 2014 at 03:49 #

Reminds me a bit of the gown by the same designer that Diane Kruger wore last year to the opera.

• Serenity January 13, 2014 at 13:39 #

Yes, I had the same thought, and yet that one looked perfect. It was in many peoples’ ‘Best of the Year’ lists. It didn’t look rumpled and wrinkled at all. Different fabric, maybe? IDK, I so wish it would’ve held up better, because it should’ve been a ‘wow’ moment.

12. Rebecca Z January 13, 2014 at 04:40 #

Not loving this. Not terrible, but not her best look by far.

13. Alina January 13, 2014 at 04:52 #

It looks better on the model (with the belt and without the creases). It’s a nice look for Sandra, but I was expecting more.

14. Aline January 13, 2014 at 05:39 #

The wrinkles are a shame indeed but I quite like it – even sans belt -,’cause the color combo is great and so is her ponytail and sandals.

15. Gloria January 13, 2014 at 06:41 #

It doesn’t fit her. The poor fit makes her body look kind of dowdy. I think she would have looked beautiful in the dress if she just had a fitting.

16. noo January 13, 2014 at 07:28 #

I really wish i liked this but i don’t!

• Iva January 13, 2014 at 09:53 #

I’m dissapointed.

17. Sanya January 13, 2014 at 10:47 #

For me the problem was not the belt. It’s just that some of the Prabal Gurung designs are quite similar, and I immediately remembered Diane Kruger in her Prabal Gurung, so this was not so original for Sandra Bullock. Plus, the wrinkles on the fabric made it look a bit cheap. However, big plus for makeup and hair.

18. Jess2 January 13, 2014 at 13:14 #

As much as I dislike the wrinkles, it can’t really be helped I guess. If you sit down in that dress it is going to wrinkle. I think she looks amazing, the colour combination is fantastic.

19. Carrie January 13, 2014 at 15:17 #

I love all things Sandra Bullock + all things Prabal Gurgung. But I just can’t love this, because of the wrinkles and the lack of the belt.

20. Susan January 13, 2014 at 15:35 #

I really like this. She needs a belt. A thin black one would finish the look.

21. kane January 13, 2014 at 17:24 #

I really miss the belt and the pointy pumps. But even with them, I wouldn’t be in dreamland. This is just okay.

• gabis January 13, 2014 at 17:52 #

I agree. Had higher expectations from Sandra. This is one is quite a disappointing look.