03.07.13

Willow Shields In Emanuel Ungaro - 2014 Teen Choice Awards

Willow Shields In Emanuel Ungaro – 2014 Teen Choice Awards

Elie Saab Fall 2013 Couture Front Row

Elie Saab Fall 2013 Couture Front Row

19 Responses to Live: Elie Saab Fall 2013 Couture

1. Pene July 3, 2013 at 12:15 #

I love all pieces but its what I have seen from him before. Maybe the same style is just timeless

2. Yeliz July 3, 2013 at 13:05 #

I am completely in love again. It was truly breathtaking, sensational, magical, fantastic.. I will never get tired of this man’s designs. He is simply the king.

3. Carol July 3, 2013 at 13:39 #

No one does evening better. And I love that he puts pockets into the sparkliest dresses! If I won the lottery, I’d be knocking on his door to have him make me a custom piece. That blue! Heaven. Just heaven.

4. charlotte July 3, 2013 at 15:02 #

Bravo!these dressed are to die for.although quite a few of them give me a strong sense of Deja vu. That finale bridal piece with veil literally took my breath away.

5. dee July 3, 2013 at 15:48 #

Gorgeous collection.

6. tom July 3, 2013 at 16:08 #

i think i’m going to echo the same sentiment that a lot of people have…yes they are beautiful dressed but who can tell one season from another…it’s basically the same shapes..different colors…and the beading moved around a bit…the wedding dress is spectacular but who’s going to wear a dress they can barely stand up in because it’s so heavy.

• charlotte July 3, 2013 at 16:59 #

agreed on all points. They are beautiful but nothing we haven’t seen before.
      Fan Bingbing’s stylist might be having a headache now since we’ve all seen her in the same design way too many times.

• MissCru July 3, 2013 at 17:59 #

I feel sorry for the model.

• Lee July 3, 2013 at 23:00 #

The problem is that every time he does something different or pushes he envelop a bit more with his appliques and embroideries, detailing and shapes (his amazing Spring 2009 couture show or his Fall 2009 All white one for that matter) he gets slammed for it by the fashion critics or his clientele doesn’t react well, therefore he sticks to what sales. I, on the other, would love for him to go back to those amazing collections and go further, explore a bit more. His clientele will follow for sure.

• Prudence July 5, 2013 at 17:55 #

is you read the comments critics give his shows these days they say the same things as us: PEOPLE ARE BORED. They say that the editors are falling asleep because they know exactly what to expect! I do not think he is being boring because the critics slammed his actually good couture show, he is creating the same clothes because his clients are buying them.

7. Lee July 3, 2013 at 16:52 #

Bored already. Time to change things up at Elie Saab. Yes, he can make a mean dress…need more though now.

8. Jolene July 3, 2013 at 18:58 #

BORING, BORING and more BORING. It is ALWAYS the same. The bride was very much what Lacroix did decades ago.

9. Burcu A July 3, 2013 at 19:38 #

None of them seems really new but still all giving the feeling that who wore them should feel privileged.We are seeing enough bad new designs.And I guess the thing he should change is making collabration with new brand ambassador who can give more soul to designs like Nicole Kidman,Blake Lively,Jessica Alba or Olga Kurylenko.Designs are so big ,need someone who can fit them well and give justice….

10. KatieKate July 3, 2013 at 19:52 #

It’s formulaic, for sure, but the man makes a mean evening gown. I wouldn’t mind seeing him push himself a bit, in addition to the beautiful dresses he’s known for.

11. sara July 3, 2013 at 20:54 #

just beautiful… yes, it is not anything “new” but still amazing!

12. Dhppy July 3, 2013 at 23:14 #

Oooh La La! I’ll concede that there aren’t many new ideas here, but it’s still so hypnotic, I could watch it all day. Elie Saab couture in motion is like Christmas in July for me. I can’t imagine wearing any one of these gowns and not being happy with my lot in life.

13. Ysatis July 3, 2013 at 23:38 #

If it ain’t broke don’t fix it. Yes his collections are formulaic but damn those dresses are gorgeous.

14. CreoleLady July 4, 2013 at 00:08 #

Gorgeous. He consistently makes women look beautiful and that’s more than can be said for a number of designers out there. I would like to see more a bit more diversity in who is wearing the gowns on the red carpet, but I suppose that is not wholly up to the designer.

15. Prudence July 5, 2013 at 17:50 #

Okay, as a die hard Eli fan I gotta say I was incredibly bored by this show. Why? because it is the same damn dresses as his previous couture show and the one before that. The shapes NEVER, and I mean NEVER change. I get that this is what sells but can he not at least attempt to be more creative, you know switch things up. He use to deliver killer couture shows n 2009 which still had the beaded boring dresses for his clients but they also featured some very unique and lovely dresses. I want to see less beading and sparkle and more prints and DIFFERENT SHAPES.