Henry Cavill In Tom Ford – ‘Man of Steel’ World Premiere

Henry Cavill In Tom Ford - ‘Man of Steel’ World Premiere

Henry Cavill joined his co-star Amy Adams on the red carpet at Alice Tully Hall at Lincoln Center in New York City on Monday evening for the ‘Man Of Steel’ world premiere.

Looking very handsome and debonair wearing a Tom Ford slate-grey two-button suit, the actor styled it with a white dress shirt, white pocket square and black tie.

The only thing I would possibly change about this look is the tie; it feels a tad too wide. However, the actor does possess a relatively wide torso so the tie does balance out the look I guess.

Credit: Getty

32 thoughts on “Henry Cavill In Tom Ford – ‘Man of Steel’ World Premiere

1. Rashmi

+100000 !!!
      Such a handsome man..
      FC, might have struggled to look beyond his face to come up with a write up :D

1. Alicat

Well, I see more than the face but it isn’t the clothes!!!! He is one handsome man. Sigh…

2. naomie

This dude is in serious need of a good tailor and a stylist.
    His pants are wrinkly and too long, his jacket is REALLY not suited for a man who just pumped out his torso and arms to play Superman, as it makes him look fat instead of muscular.
    Choosing suits for muscular men is tricky, but it can be done.

1. jessicamarantelli

Totally agree. But he is one handsome man. I liked him when he was a bit younger in The Tudors, but with the right suit he would wip that vision out of my head in an instant.

2. Noemi

Henry, if you’re reading, I can work for you as stylist!
      By the way, I kinda agree with you, but I think that dressing his muscles is not easy, most of all with elegant suits. For me, there’s something wrong also about the shirt.

3. gina

was going to say the same thing about the tie being wide.

in the full body photo the proportions look all out of whack. his head seems strangely small compared to the rest of his body and the tie seems really wide.

but up close, he looks awesome. so i dont know.

4. Jolene

The suit isnt well fitted. Also, the colour is awful, looks more like a business suit.
    His has a beautiful face but the make up make him look tired and anemic.

5. Lee Ann

is it just me? I thought he was far better looking a few years back when he was in the Tudors. oh and the tie is too wide.

1. dunzoo

+1. He was hot as the Duke of Suffolk, but for some reason the hotness disappeared. He’s still very handsome though.

2. justme

+2. He was perfection personified as Charles Brandon. Seriously, I wanted to kidnap him every time he showed up on screen.

3. dunzoo

I think the buzzed haircut (during the first seasons) and the Tudors costumes were part of his appeal.

6. Scarlett

Such a beautiful man, he’s quite wide through the chest, broad shouldered with a square torso, the suit needs to be a little better fitted. I’d like to see him change it up a bit from the blacks, greys and navy’s too.
    But he is just delicious and his moment has been eleven years in the making so here’s to many more red carpet appearances.

7. LizLemooooooon

He’s incredibly fit, like….Superman fit so the suit must be pretty bad coz here he looks chunky.
    It just doesn’t fit right.
    The make up they gave him isn’t very flattering either.
    He should get his co-star Michael Shannon’s stylist because Michael is also a big, tall, muscular guy but whoever dresses him knows how to flatter him.

8. RoseW

The tie is not too wide – a tie is supposed to be in proportion to the lapel and that’s a massive lapel so it’s actually the proper tie for that suit. Just sayin…

On a side note Tom Ford doesn’t let people choose their own tie when loaned a suit – they dictate what shirt, tie, and pocket square the actor has to wear w the suit based on Mr Ford’s wishes. It’s a whole thing.

9. Rebecca Z

The suit is fine the tie is dreadful! Too wide and looks like it is knit–not the right tie for this suit.

10. dunzoo

no, just no. He looks like an expressionless Ken doll. That suit is unflattering, the tie is too big and he’s wearing too much foundation.

1. mattison

+1. Not sure what the hype surrounding him is, as he usually looks quite stiff and uncomfortable on the red carpet to me, like a male Britney Spears.

11. Noemi

There’s something I don’t like, maybe the tie… but… who cares? He’s gorgeous. I’ve always liked him, since The Tudors or Tristan and Isolde.

12. EmmaWoodhouse

The tie is too wide but it balances the lapels. The rest is great. He’s very handsome.