Olivia Palermo In Dennis Basso – 2013 CFDA Fashion Awards

Olivia Palermo In Dennis Basso - 2013 CFDA Fashion Awards

Olivia Palermo was one of my favourites at the 2013 CFDA Fashion Awards held at the Alice Tully Hall at Lincoln Center in New York City on Monday evening.

The socialite looked divine wearing a Dennis Basso Spring 2013 fancy fringed frock.

Her nude dress with an embroidered sheer bodice and ombre fringed skirt was styled with a Zara clutch and Zara lace up slingback booties.

The eclectic styling included a gold waist band and gold leaf choker elevates the look.

For a short while I thought she’d lost her magic touch when it comes to accessorizing, but she proves that was not the case.

With the fringed skirt, I’m glad she didn’t opt for her favoured feathered clutch on this occasion.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Hailee Steinfeld In Suno - 2013 CFDA Fashion Awards

Hailee Steinfeld In Suno – 2013 CFDA Fashion Awards

Nicole Richie In Marc Jacobs - 2013 CFDA Fashion Awards

Nicole Richie In Marc Jacobs – 2013 CFDA Fashion Awards

42 Responses to Olivia Palermo In Dennis Basso – 2013 CFDA Fashion Awards

1. Christine June 4, 2013 at 02:07 #

The shoes are distracting me from liking this look.

• Mandy June 4, 2013 at 02:16 #

Agree, they are too ‘in your face’ for this dress.

2. Prudence June 4, 2013 at 02:09 #

the styling is great as usual but it seems tooo old for her. Like olivia rocking this in 20 years im down but right now, its aging the crap out of her.

3. Kathy June 4, 2013 at 02:12 #

I love the look on the model, but something about the bodice on Olivia feels droopy and limp (maybe it’s the belt cutting off the “flow” of the dress from top to bottom). I’m not a fan of the shoes. They’re that strange shade of yellow-gold that’s more yellow than gold so they look cheap. The clutch is all wrong. It’s graphic, whereas her dress is vintage ’20s.

4. Anj June 4, 2013 at 02:33 #

This is just too much. That belt doesn’t look good with the dress. In fact, none of the accessories look good with the dress or each other.

5. Henrique June 4, 2013 at 02:40 #

The skirt is amazing and it’s the only thing I like here.

6. Carmen June 4, 2013 at 02:59 #

I think you got the shoes and clutch designers mixed up; the clutch is Zara and the shoes are Sergio Rossi.

7. CreoleLady June 4, 2013 at 03:12 #

Prefer the dress itself on the model. Palermo’s accessories overcook the look for me. That belt is so wrong. Those shoes, that color gold, making me wince.

• Nat39 June 4, 2013 at 18:46 #

Ditto, it’s way overcooked, and those yellow gold booties stick out like a sore thumb.

• DivaDebbi (Beauty and Fashion Blog) June 4, 2013 at 20:49 #

+2. It also looks too long and ill fitting to me.

• Dhppy June 5, 2013 at 07:55 #

Yes, the dress is too long and the unfortunate shoes are too high so she appears to have very little length in her lower legs. It’s a nice dress it just belongs on someone older, taller and more traditional with accessories.

8. justme June 4, 2013 at 03:15 #

On the model, the top is smaller and/or the skirt sits higher. Olivia should have kept it that way so she wouldn’t have added the unnecessary belt.
    And while I can live with the clutch, the shoes are too much.

She should have let her dress do the talking and take it easy on the accessories.

9. kane June 4, 2013 at 03:34 #

Prefer the styling on the model. Olivia’s accessories plus the changes in the dress are killing this.

10. Jonna June 4, 2013 at 04:35 #

Something about that belt and those shoes throws this look off for me.

11. mattison June 4, 2013 at 05:08 #

I prefer the dress on the model, from the fit to the styling. Sometimes I get the feeling Olivia picks her accessories and forces them to work with whatever outfit she’s wearing- this is one of those times.

12. Pedro June 4, 2013 at 05:39 #

Olivia looks AMAZING!

13. Rebecca Z June 4, 2013 at 05:47 #

HATE the shoes. Not a fan of fringe like this. Don’t quite get it.

14. christy June 4, 2013 at 06:02 #

Why add the choker? why?? I don’t understand :-(

15. Ivelina June 4, 2013 at 08:01 #

That actually look like a Zara clutch to me – http://www.zara.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product/gr/en/zara-S2013/358019/1082576/GEOMETRIC+BEADED+EVENING+BAG

• Catherine Kallon June 4, 2013 at 10:33 #

thanks

• KatieKate June 4, 2013 at 22:38 #

I did see it described the way you posted it elsewhere. It’s kind of amazing how much mis-information there is out there when it comes to labeling fashion brands…

16. Yeliz June 4, 2013 at 08:28 #

I only like the clutch. The dress is aging her and looks much better on the model and the addition of a belt wasn’t really a good choice. The shoes are ugly.

17. Janet June 4, 2013 at 08:34 #

Please let me know what shoes they are, and we can I purchase them.

18. Noemi June 4, 2013 at 08:50 #

I think she should have taken off the belt, too much accessories.

19. Charlotte June 4, 2013 at 08:50 #

I don’t like the dress and her styling is not working, too much is going on.

20. manja June 4, 2013 at 09:02 #

dress is perfectly fine but her styling is not,nothing is working here

21. Quinn June 4, 2013 at 09:13 #

She’s one of my favorite at this event as well!!

22. Alicat June 4, 2013 at 09:32 #

I adore the dress, especially the fringed skirt. It looks amazing on the model. As has been mentioned already, the fit of the bodice is not quite right. Is it too big? The shoes are just too yellow and the red toenails accentuate that even more.

23. Fashion Guru June 4, 2013 at 09:49 #

An amateur would have looked a mess in this overly complicated ensemble. Like a true pro, Olivia makes it all work — classy and chic. Love.

24. Jessica June 4, 2013 at 10:14 #

Clutch is from ZARA!

25. AG June 4, 2013 at 10:51 #

I used to love Olivia’s style. She was so consistent. But I’m consistently disappointed with her looks these days. She just over-accessorizes too much! This dress is lovely but there’s too much going on and the shoes are just wrong.

• Ariadna June 4, 2013 at 13:23 #

+ 1000! I don’t know what is happening with her lately but the styling just doesn’t work… In this case, the dress is divine but those shoes! And why wear a belt!?

26. jo June 4, 2013 at 10:51 #

I like it from the ankles up

27. TeaAtTwo June 4, 2013 at 11:01 #

A paler gold shoe would better suit this dress which I like; it’s fun and has a timeless vintage quality about it. I’m glad she didn’t rely on feathers to style this look.

28. Denise June 4, 2013 at 11:57 #

The only thing that bothers me here is the colour of the shoes. Other than that she looks perfect.

29. Carolina June 4, 2013 at 13:53 #

There isn’t a single thing about this that works. The skirt looks as if a kindergartner threw it together, and the top is a mock turtleneck wanna-be, insulting the gorgeous fabric. As others note, it’s not well fitted on Olivia. The accessories are jarring. Just, no. It’s the sort of thing a dedicated fashionista would love, so I get that, but it just doesn’t work for me, a not-so-dedicated admirer of fashion.

30. Moxie June 4, 2013 at 15:47 #

The dress is lovely, although I prefer it on the model. The styling is a big letdown. The bag and shoes are distracting and don’t work with the dress.

31. Fashion Follows Her June 4, 2013 at 22:45 #

My style crush proves why we love her so much! What a fab look and such a nice change from the usual red carpet look.

32. Dhppy June 5, 2013 at 08:13 #

Normally I adore Palermo’s accessorizing, but I think she went off the rails here. I don’t like one thing she’s added to this dress. The clutch, the bracelets, the garish colored shoes, the brooch (I think that’s what it is), and even the nail color are all working against a dress that really should be left to do it’s own talking. A rare misstep.

33. Jess2 June 5, 2013 at 12:09 #

I really want to love this because the dress is stunning but Olivia’s styling isn’t working for me. I think the colour of the shoes is competing with the dress and the necklace and belt are unnecessary.

34. kiwi June 5, 2013 at 12:29 #

The clutch and the shoes do not go with he dress at all.. the shoes are an eye sore.. I could have lived with the belt and the choker(though both are extra addons)

35. EmmaWoodhouse June 11, 2013 at 21:32 #

I preferred the styling on the model. I love the dress, but Olivia’s horrid shoes and the out-of-place clutch and belt are hurting it.