Posted by Catherine Kallon on May 27th, 2013 In:
Blog, Cannes Film Festival
Yayyyy !!! Here we go !!!
PS : The above collage just shook me from my slumber Its MASSIVE
Wow, too many gorgeous looks. I even don’t know which one to choose
Nicole Kidman in Armani.
01. Zhang Ziyi in Carolina Herrera – ‘The Bling Ring’ Premiere
02. Zhang Yuqi in Roberto Cavalli – amfAR Cinema Against AIDS Gala
03. Karolina Kurkova in Roberto Cavalli – amfAR Cinema Against AIDS Gala
04. Fan Bingbing in Ulyana Sergeenko Couture – Trophée Chopard
05. Solange Knowles in Stéphane Rolland Couture – Vanity Fair and Chanel Party
06. Aishwarya Rai in Elie Saab Couture – ‘Inside Llewyn Davis’ Premiere
07. Nicole Kidman in Christian Dior – ‘The Great Gatsby’ Premiere & Opening Ceremony
08. Stacy Keibler in Zac Posen – amfAR Cinema Against AIDS Gala
09. Sonam Kapoor in Dolce & Gabbana – ‘Jeune & Jolie’ Premiere
10. Rooney Mara in Giambattista Valli – ‘The Great Gatsby’ Party
To be shared with Carey Mulligan in Vionnet – ‘Inside Llewyn Davis’ Premiere (there really isn’t space for two black/white/minimalist looks no matter how AWESOME they looked, sorry)
1. Nicole Kidman
2. Zhang Ziyi
3. Audrey Tautou
4. Marion Cotillard
5. Lea Seydoux + Adele Exarchopoulos ….cause they compliment each other
This has to have been one of the worst Cannes style wise. Out of that entire collage not a single look truly amazed me. In the end I voted for Zhang Ziyi because she was the least disappointing of the event.
Prudence is Diane Krugers alias. FYI.
LOL some of us just have reeeeally high standards
Funny you say that because after eight or nine posts on the Armani, I thought that Fashion Guru was in fact Nicole Kidman (or at least her stylist), lmao.
LOL. Touche honey.
I can assure you, I am NOT Nicole Kidman. I am NOT her stylist. I am NOT her hairdresser.
But I can NOT assure you that I am NOT Keith Urban.
Lol, you sure are an entertainer
I agree with everything you said. Also, I’m so Dior and Elie Saab fatigued especially with Dior.
It’s difficult, I give up!
My winner is, without a single doubt, Jessica Chastain in purple Gyvenchy gown – embellishments never looked more striking, in deep colour and with Jessica’s red hair, amazing curves and porcelain skin, it was a strong impactful stunner.
Of Nicole’s looks, her Armani at closing ceremony was my favorite, as it suited her the most, so refined and elegant, very her. But I’m choosing her Dior confection (opening ceremony), as it was a more unusual unexpected look, and a bit more standout/memorable.
And this was supposed to be a bad year? Wow, I’m amazed looking now at all the looks selected how many fantastic moments we had year too! I can’t even decide which one deserves the number one spot!
It was so easy for me. All the way Zhang YuQi in Ulyana Sergeenko. That girl and that dress was fashion heaven !!!!!
It is unbelievable seeing all the best gowns put together. And here I thought this was a bad year, there are a lot of great dresses here. It is really hard to pick “the best” for me.
1. Sonam Kapoor~ Dolce Gabbana
2. Nicole Kidman~ Valentino Couture
3. NIcole Kidman~ Dior
4. Fan Bing Bing~ Ulyana Sergeenko Couture
5. Liu Wen~ Cavalli
6. Zhang Yuqi~ Cavalli
I adored Nicole Kidman in each gown, to include the Chanel. I love Elie Saab but found myself getting a little bored with all the similar beaded gowns. I thought Cavalli’s gowns stood out the most, even the bold blue one on Sharon Stone. Thank you FC for all of your coverage. It was fun following and commenting! Thanks for indulging my weakness and getting my mind off of my real world.
Sure, there were some good looks, but I wasn’t wowed by any of them. I missed Diane Kruger so much this year. Hope Cannes 2014 will be more exciting.
What a pity I can’t vote for Emma Watson as a best Cannes newcomer, she definitely looked nice.
Me too. She looked gorgeous sans frou-frou or attention-sick
I guess you can add her name in Others section..
She’d been to Cannes before, ergo not a newcommer really…
My best dressed is Freida Pinto in Sanchita. I simply LOVED that beaded and embellished gown and her styling was absolutely flawless. That look also ranks very high on my BDOTY list.
The rest of my Top 10:
2. Nicole Kidman in Giorgio Armani
3. Sonam Kapoor in Dolce & Gabbana
4. Jessica Chastain in Versace Collection
5. Nicole Kidman in Christian Dior Couture
6. Nicole Kidman in Valentino Couture
7. Jessica Chastain in Givenchy
8. Zhang Ziyi in Carolina Herrera
9. Petra Nemcova in Elie Saab Couture
10.Fan Bingbing in Elie Saab Couture
Carina’s Lau’s Elie Saab gown, which was also on FC’s wishlist, sadly couldn’t make it to my Top 10, because I was disappointed by her styling. Nieves Alvarez in Ralph & Russo Couture also couldn’t make it, because I simply loved the looks in my Top 10 more than her look.
FC, I wanted to thank you thank you thank you again for this amazing coverage of this year’s festival. You have no idea how much I enjoyed it. I love this site even more with each passing day and you are the biggest reason for loving it that much, because you do your job perfectly and so fast I can’t even keep up sometimes. THANK YOU xx
You are amazing. You commented on every post. Thanks for your support x
It was such a pleasure to comment on every post, because I simply love this site. Thank you for creating it and giving us a daily escape from the daily routine xxx
Nicole Kidman had 3 truly stand-out looks in Dior, Valentino, and Armani. Although we didn’t see as much from her as the remarkable Zhang Ziyi and the elegant newcomer Zhang Yuqi, I voted for her as Queen of Cannes.
Confining myself to gowns, my 5 favorite h2t looks, in no particular order, were:
Nicole Kidman in Armani
Nicole Kidman in Valentino
Aishwarya Rai in Tarun Tahiliani (golden sari)
Sonam Kapoor in Dolce & Gabbana
Freida Pinto in Sanchita
Of the non-gown looks my favorites were:
Rosie H-W in Dior
Zoe Saldana in Ungaro
Nicole Kidman in A McQueen
Tilda Swinton in Chanel
It’s Cannes so I will definitely vote for a gown look. But which one?!?!?
Looks like I’ll have to do some research. How long do we have before the poll closes, FC?
Nicole Kidman is the Queen of Cannes for sure. Zhang yuqi must be the best one from East. Her Ulyana Sergeenko look is breathtaking.
Nicole Kidman in all categories she was in.
My top 10:
1. Aishwarya Rai In Elie Saab Couture
2. Zhang Ziyi In Elie Saab Couture
3. Nicole Kidman In Valentino Couture
4. Fan Bingbing In Elie Saab Couture
5. Fan Bingbing In Ulyana Sergeenko
6. Alessandra Ambrosio In Elie Saab
7. Zhang Yuqi In Ulyana Sergeenko
8. Alessandra Ambrosio In Roberto Cavalli
9. Zhang Yuqi In Alexander McQueen
10. Irina Shayk In Elie Saab
Honorable mention: Jessica Chastain In Versace Collection
Omg. And I’m not referring to the Fashion here! I am more impressed at the work FC put into editing this! Ahhhmazing! For love of fashion!!!
I know some expressed their disappointment with the festival, but I loved so many looks!!!
1. Fan Bing Bing (lemon Elie Saab) and Nicole Kidman (Valentino)
2. Aishwarya Rai (Elie Saab)
3. Zhang Ziyi (Elie Saab)
4. Sonam Kapoor (Dolce and Gabbana)
5. Zhang Ziyi (Carolina Herrera)
6. Carina Lau (Elie Saab)
7. Fan Bing Bing (pink Louis Vuitton)
8. Jessica Chastain (Givenchy)
9. Rosario Dawson (Marchesa)
10. Milla Jovovich (Chanel)
11. Zoe Saldana (Valentino)
12. Olivia Palermo (Roberto Cavalli)
13. Berenice Bejo (Alexis Mabille)
14. Jessica Biel (Marchesa)
15. Tilda Swinton (Chanel)
Many thanks to FC for the amazing coverage. You are a wonder!
no doubt that ziyi zhang is the first
she looks so radiant at the every red carpet of cannes2013.especially ziyi in chanel had stolen my heart.i’m obsessed in her evry style….she is a fashion icon in the world
Nicole Kidman in all of her looks for me. Dior first, then Chanel, L’Wren Scott, Valentino, Alexander McQueen and Armani. After her?
-Sonam Kapoor’s Dolce & Gabbana
-Berenice Bejo in Alexis Mabille
-Zoe Saldana in Valentino
-Jennifer Lawrence in Christian Dior
-Jessica Chastain in Givenchy
-And the blue Elie Saab on the actress I unfortunately recognize but can’t name off the top of my head.
Thank you for all the fabulous coverage here! I’ve been refreshing multiple times a day. It’s awesome!
Some of my favorites in no particular order:
- Nicole Kidman in EVERYTHING! Nicole’s style the last few years is boring, although elegant, but she really brought her best during cannes with a variety of looks and hairstyles.
- Tilda Swinton in Chanel. For wearing Chanel and making it her own.
- Uma Thurman in Atelier Versace. Not in a million years would I’ve seen this coming.
- Adele Exarchopoulos in Balmain and Alaia (photocall). For being cool and looking her age. The Bling Ring cast should take some notes. (She is also my Best Newcomer. And new girl crush! And she won the Palme d’Or!)
- Bianca Balti in Dolce & Gabbana.
- Jessica Chastain in Givenchy Couture and Versace. Especially the Versace gown brought an old-hollywood glam back to Cannes.
- Liu Wen in Roberto Cavalli.
- Astrid Berges-Frisbey In Chanel Couture.
- Solange Knowles in Stephane Rolland.
- Zoe Saldana in Emanuel Ungaro. She was just perfect!
- Milla Jovovich in Chanel Couture. Too bad, she wasn’t so consistent after that.
- Lea Seydoux in general. I am partially biased, but whatever…
- Berenice Bejo in Alexis Mabille Couture.
- Sonam Kapoor in Dolce & Gabbana. The one and only princess this year.
- Sofia Coppola. For being effortless.
Special recognition: Bonnie Wright in Prada for amFAR’s Gala, because she is proof that Miuccia can actually design a proper gown when she is not trying to over-do it.
Although there were many dissapointing looks, my worst dressed will always be Samantha Barks in Dior, for looking like a widow. I just can’t get past that cloud of unhappiness…
Also, all Fan Bingbing photos looked like the ones from last year’s festival. I hope she would mix it up a little. I prefered Zhang Ziyi for experimenting a bit more.
Last but not least, another exceptional festival coverage. Congrats Catherine! I cannot wait for Venice!
P.S. I hope there was a seperate poll for photocall looks. I know Cannes is all about the red carpet, but some actresses brought their best game there.
Phew done with the poll!
1. Freida Pinto in Sanchita
2. Nicole Kidman in Valentino
3. Sonam Kapoor in Dolce & Gabbana
4. Zhang Ziyi in Elie Saab
5. Aishwarya Rai in Elie Saab
6. Nicole Kidman in Armani
7. Nicole Kidman in Dior
8. Marion Cotillard in Christian Dior
9. Zhang Yuqi in Roberto Cavalli
10. Zhang Yuqi in Alexander McQueen (Definitely the BEST Newcomer)
Honorable Mention : Zoe in Emanuel Ungaro and Berenice Bejo in Alexis Mabille Couture !
I had a tough time with the least favorite Couldn’t decide between Paz Vega in Stephane Rolland and Laetitia in Dior!
All in all, it was fun.
Thanks a lot again FC ! You rock!
thank you…your support kept me going at 12am
My best dressed was Nicole Kidman in Valentino Couture.
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title="" rel=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>
<a href="" title="" rel=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>
Notify me of follow-up comments by email.
Notify me of new posts by email.