'The Immigrant' Premiere - The 66th Annual Cannes Film Festival

Olivia Palermo was joined by her handsome beau Johannes Huebl at Cannes Film Festival for ‘The Immigrant’ premiere held at Palais des Festivals in France this evening.

The uptown socialite has been well and truly Cavalli’ed as she wears her third Roberto Cavalli look in a row during this festival.

Last night she was totally unrecognisable in a classic Roberto Cavalli animal print gown, however, tonight the Olivia we all know and love shone through.

She wore an opulent gold sequin halter gown with Olivia signatures: a Zara blazer and a feather accented clutch.

I’m sure many of you wish, like me, that she’d ditched the blazer and rocked this stunning gown with a dramatic train as Cavalli would’ve intended, but I guess one night of being a true Cavalli diva was all she could muster.

Credit: Getty

39 thoughts on “Olivia Palermo In Roberto Cavalli – ‘The Immigrant’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere

1. Charlotte

This blazer is too much ! It ruined the whole look.
    The gown : gown, sequin and train, the clutch with the feathers : it was enough !

1. Rebecca Z

I totally agree–not only is the blazer too much it is so matronly. Ages her about 20 years.

1. Nat39

The matronly blazer really ruins everything, the feathered clutch is unnecessary. Why did she have to ruin what could’ve been a stunning look…

1. Alicat

Agree. The blazer is what your eyes rest upon. It’s like the gown is secondary to it. This gown should be on full display.

2. Jess2

I agree 100%, the blazer destroys what could have been amazing. I don’t even mind the clutch but oh the blazer!

1. gabis

Agree. I could totally cope with the clutch but it’s impossible to give a pass to that blazer. It ruins everything.

2. Charlotte

I adore this! Last night I thought she looked quite uncomfortable when she went full cavalli! Here, she looks gorgeous, glamorous but also comfortable! It could be one of my favourite looks from the whole festival… Maybe…

1. Fiona

Me too – -I love that she has gone big on the glitz but still kept it to her personal style and it works on her. I like that she is one who doesn’t rely on letting the dress do the talking for her, she has her own voice.

3. Pablo

Agree on all your comments here!

I guess this is the only way she’s truly comfortable wearing a Cavalli gown.
    I’m obviously intrigued by the look without the blazer but I’m kind of loving this that little bit more just because she was so true to herself.

4. Yeliz

The blazer is way too much, the sequins on the gown would’ve been enough. I don’t like the clutch either. Thumbs down.

5. yasmine

I find the blazer totally her! it might be too much with the sequence of the dress but it makes the look more demure so it works!

1. Quinn

‘Totally her’ — I so agree with you. Its the Olivia that we know. she does layering and accessorizing very well. love this!!

2. Denise

I love it ! This is Olivia’s Cavalli ! Adore the train and the glam and the gold ! Totally Cannes!

6. Flavia Style Source

A wrap might have worked better than the formal blazer that fights with the design of the luxurious dress… The blazer is not created within the style with the dress, depreciating the look.
    The hairstyle is understated, not really in harmony with the dress either. Earrings are also missing.

7. dee

Why does she have to go overboard with her accessorizing. She ruined the whole look. Anyway, her boyfriend is so gorgeous. :)

8. Marybeth

(I’m chuckling at the clutch! She just had to get some feathers in!)

She looks lovely, as usual, but this is all too shiny and too much for me.

9. Anj

I think she has an eye for complementing looks with great accessories but sometimes it’s exhausting. trying too hard, and completely unnecessary. This is one of those times. Lose the jacket!

10. Maria Jose de Rivas

Her style is not really to my liking. It does not seem polished for a carpet but more right for a event that she will not be pictured at.

11. justme

I appreciate the fact that she has signature touches when it comes to her styling but imo, when it comes to fashion, you have to bend your own rules sometimes.

A high neckline with a blazer doesn’t look good on anyone, especially someone as petite as Olivia. I’m also not convinced feathers and sequins mix.

This look is a mess.

12. Sashaqueenie

Could have been so much wow, wow, wow.
    Instead. It now looks so matronly with that blazer on. I love the gold dress and the material used. It doesn’t look cheap and we all know how sometimes gold dresses can easily turned into that lane. The length is absolutely suitable for this occasion. I just don’t understand the blazer. The pieces look wonderful individually but when put together, it just looks matronly.

13. Sandra

Yes the jacket is too much but kudos to her for staying true to herself and wear a ZARA TRF jacket on Cannes red carpet!!!!!

1. Simon

this is what i wanted to say !!!! Zara on cannes red carpet, this is perfect, and Olivia is just giving every woman in the world the right to say “i can only afford Zara, but i look sickening in it !”

14. CreoleLady

I appreciate trying to make a look one’s own. And maybe it was cold. But if you are going Cavalli, then go Cavalli. Don’t put Cavalli on and then try to convert it into demure-wear. Fail.

15. Hilary

I think she looks like an absolute lady. I actually appreciated her full-on Cavalli look from the previous night; she’s open to trying new things and to changing up her style at least.
    She’s so chic, so stylish, and looks infinitely more relaxed in this Cavalli look. Stunning girl.

16. Ariel

I love her look! Somehow it looks very classy despite of all the gold, sequin, and feathers!