Kirsten Dunst In Michael van der Ham  - 'Inside Llewyn Davis' Cannes Film Festival Premiere

Kirsten Dunst attended the ‘Inside Llewyn Davis’ premiere during Cannes Film Festival this evening in support of her beau Garrett Hedlund.

I’m going to use this occasion to announce that I don’t really get the hoopla when it comes to Kirsten’s style.

She has had some great red carpet moments, but this should not count as one of them.

I think even Jane Fonda at 75-years-old would stay she’s too young to wear this black sheer Michael van der Ham Fall 2013 gown with black and purple velvet appliqués and white lace embroidery.

This is far too frumpy for my liking. Even for someone who is attending as a plus one.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Carey Mulligan In Vionnet - 'Inside Llewyn Davis' Cannes Film Festival Premiere

Carey Mulligan In Vionnet – ‘Inside Llewyn Davis’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere

Selena Gomez' All Saints Smiley Silk Vest

Selena Gomez’ All Saints Smiley Silk Vest

21 Responses to Kirsten Dunst In Michael van der Ham – ‘Inside Llewyn Davis’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere

1. Emmeline May 19, 2013 at 19:30 #

I thought she had an amazing run at Cannes in 2011, but this year and last year have been rather underwhelming. I wish she’d go back to wearing Chanel.

• annie May 19, 2013 at 19:38 #

I totally agreed with you. She looked stunning in the past…

• Morfo May 19, 2013 at 23:27 #

Kirsten looks amazing!!!! Glowing like the star she is!!!

• Alina May 20, 2013 at 06:33 #

Ditto.

2. Christine May 19, 2013 at 19:34 #

Not a good look.

3. Nat39 May 19, 2013 at 19:35 #

Drab, frumpy, uninspiring, she herself looks so stiff and uncomfortable.

4. Yeliz May 19, 2013 at 19:42 #

I think this look is fine from the waist up, but the overall look is indeed frumpy. There are so many beautiful gowns that you can wear as a plus one without upstaging the main stars, but this gown is just not one of them.

5. ton can May 19, 2013 at 19:56 #

i don’t particularly like it but she doesn’t look bad. It’s just a little dull for Cannes. Love her hair and make up.

6. Jai May 19, 2013 at 20:05 #

Yeah, I can be a Kiki fan but on this occasion, not so much.

7. Marybeth May 19, 2013 at 20:11 #

I think the dress itself might work on a teen, preferably a brunette who can wear some lip color without looking trashy.
    Well, even then I’d be tempted to cut it off just below the knee and punch it up with some cute shoes.

Like others here, I am mystified as to why, of all the possibilities available to her, Kirsten would pick this dress.

8. Noemi May 19, 2013 at 20:30 #

She makes interesting choices, usually. I’m not crazy about this, but she looks good. I really like her style. She never tries too hard, and I think she’s one of the few american actress which is always classy.

9. Joy May 19, 2013 at 20:40 #

Consider me a Kirsten bandwagoner, but not so much on this occasion. It isn’t the worst thing I’ve seen. This look is pretty much something we could expect from her. I can’t explain what it is about her that I usually like, I just like her. You all know how that goes…

10. Daniel May 19, 2013 at 20:49 #

*prepares to be mobbed and abused*
    I actually quite like this dress – Only thing I wish was different is that the skirt came from a nipped in waist.. I think that overall it would suit a Keira Knightley/Carey Mulligan/Samantha Barks type more than Kirsten, but at least she isn’t just sticking to the old guns and becoming predictable, she is taking risks.

• Lex May 19, 2013 at 21:34 #

Agree. I actually love it anyway.

11. Rebecca Z May 19, 2013 at 21:17 #

ugh.

12. Aline May 19, 2013 at 22:00 #

IMO, this is a boring yet OK look.

13. EmmaWoodhouse May 19, 2013 at 22:54 #

I actually like it. It’s not the best look ever, but I think it’s unusual and a little bit Downton Abbey-ish.

• Southern Cross May 20, 2013 at 20:05 #

I agree. *also prepares to be mobbed and abused* I think the flowers on the skirt are pretty and I don’t mind that it’s a bit conservative-looking. I too am getting a slightly historical, deliberately demure vibe from it.

14. Kathy May 20, 2013 at 00:35 #

I’m getting a Keira-Knightley-in-Chanel vibe from this. I really don’t think it’s THAT bad. Aging? Maybe a little, but the model certainly wears it well and she can’t be any older than Kirsten. Obviously Kirsten has black lining under her bodice (for modesty’s sake) and the model doesn’t, and that’s why it looks more matronly on Kirsten.

15. Alicat May 20, 2013 at 00:53 #

It is an ok dress but needs to be more form fitting. She does look tense.

16. Moxie May 20, 2013 at 16:21 #

Could have been a good look, but she looks so stiff!