15.05.13 Premiere

Naomie Harris In Calvin Klein - ‘The Great Gatsby’ Premiere & Cannes Film Festival Opening Ceremony

There was more glamour to be had on the red carpet this evening at ‘The Great Gatsby’ Cannes Film Festival premiere, which also served as the opening ceremony, courtesy of Naomie Harris.

The British actress blew me away wearing a Calvin Klein Collection silver bugle beaded strapless gown with a tonal waistband.

Now if you are having a touch of déjà vu, that may be because this look is taking you back to the Vanity Fair Party where Jennifer Lawrence’s Calvin Klein gown had the same sort of bedazzlement.

Looking so sharp you could cut yourself, she styled her look to perfection with no jewels, metallic sandals, and a black satin metal frame bag both by the same designer.

Flawless makeup and a tight bun to highlight her beauty completed her look.

Credit: Getty

Fergie Duhamel In Calvin Klein Collection - amfAR Inspiration Gala New York 2014

Fergie Duhamel In Calvin Klein Collection – amfAR Inspiration Gala New York 2014

Solange Knowles In Stéphane Rolland Couture - ‘The Great Gatsby’ Premiere & Cannes Film Festival Opening Ceremony

Solange Knowles In Stéphane Rolland Couture – ‘The Great Gatsby’ Premiere & Cannes Film Festival Opening Ceremony

19 Responses to Naomie Harris In Calvin Klein – ‘The Great Gatsby’ Premiere & Cannes Film Festival Opening Ceremony

1. Yeliz May 15, 2013 at 20:47 #

She looks gorgeous. I like that she kept her look simple with all the bedazzlement on her gown.

• Alina May 16, 2013 at 06:04 #

2. dee May 15, 2013 at 20:48 #

I think she would have looked better with some earrings. It looks too bare neck up to me. Not crazy about the tight bun either. The gown and the makeup looks good.

3. Nat39 May 15, 2013 at 20:50 #

Gorgeous with her stature and skin tone, love the no-jewellery styling, def. one of the best.

• kane May 15, 2013 at 21:00 #

I think I agree with Nat. The dress is doing all the sparkling and nothing is stealing its thunder.

• kane May 15, 2013 at 21:05 #

I didn’t think of Jennifer’s dress at first because I remembered it to be a bit darker (thanks to the lighting… but of course the designer warrants that comparison). In comparison, the two dresses seem to capture their respective personalities/personas perfectly. If I were forced to compare them, I’d rank Jennifer’s slightly higher I guess, because I find the top half a tad more interesting. Nonetheless, I’m loving this on Naomie.

4. Anj May 15, 2013 at 20:52 #

She looks absolutely amazing! She’s my favorite so far.

5. michaboa May 15, 2013 at 21:10 #

Love this. understated , but packs a punch. He skin is magnificent.

6. Rebecca Z May 15, 2013 at 21:14 #

I want to love this but I don’t. The bodice is too structured (kind of ridiculous when you see it from the side) and I don’t think this is the best color for her skin tone. I agree her shoulders and face are pretty bare with no jewelry, minimal makeup and tight hairstyle. I would have preferred a litte more animated makeup and maybe some earrings.

7. mm May 15, 2013 at 21:18 #

Perfection! Gorgeous face, makeup and a dazzling gown

8. kathryn May 15, 2013 at 21:38 #

Zzzzz! This look is boring. 1) We’ve sort of seen it before 2) She needed slightly more dramatic eye makeup maybe a cat-eye. I think it’s a beautiful dress but she looked 100 times better last week at the Met Gala.

9. Moxie May 15, 2013 at 21:48 #

Lovely but nothing special.

10. Kimy May 15, 2013 at 23:20 #

Meh. She is beautiful, but this look is SO safe and underwhelming. :(

11. Christine May 16, 2013 at 02:17 #

She looks nice.

12. Alicat May 16, 2013 at 02:47 #

I really dislike the bodice of this dress. The sideways photo has it jutting out and there is a huge gap between it and her décolletage. For an event like this with lots of lights and photos being taken, her makeup is too bland. Close up it looks nice, but from a distance it becomes washed out. Her hair is too plain as well. I guess this is nay for me.

13. AG May 16, 2013 at 03:28 #

Gorgeous! Love how she’s letting the dress do the talking by keeping everything else toned down.

14. EmmaWoodhouse May 16, 2013 at 04:24 #

The bodice is slightly off in fit, but it’s probably because of the stiff beading. Otherwise, beautiful, simple, yet glam and dramatic. Thumbs up.

15. the ogre May 16, 2013 at 06:09 #

this is great but nothing special for naomie. i wish she hadn’t keep her hair so severe. i remember her surreal vanity fair party monique lhuillier gown as opposed to this one and now wish that she had swapped places. the clutch should have been smaller.