Anne Hathaway In Givenchy – 2013 Tate Americas Foundation Artists Dinner

Anne Hathaway In Givenchy - 2013 Tate Americas Foundation Artists Dinner

Anne Hathaway’s new blonde ‘do, which she debuted at the 2013 Met Gala, appears to have given her a new lease of life, of which I am very grateful.

The actress looked fierce once again on Wednesday evening while attending the 2013 Tate Americas Foundation Artists Dinner held at Skylight Studios in New York City wearing a Givenchy Spring 2013 mini dress.

Her pink high-neck organza frock with gold metal plaque insets at the shoulder signals that Anne is back to having fun with fashion.

Gold Pour La Victoire’s metallic ‘Bethanie’ sandals, a gold Jimmy Choo clutch and kohl-rimmed eyes completed her look.

Do you like Anne’s new look, or is she trying too hard?

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Alice Eve In  Roksanda Ilincic - ‘Star Trek Into The Darkness’ Mexico Press Conference

Alice Eve In Roksanda Ilincic – ‘Star Trek Into The Darkness’ Mexico Press Conference

Olga Kurylenko In Christian Dior - 'Oblivion' Toyko Premiere

Olga Kurylenko In Christian Dior – ‘Oblivion’ Toyko Premiere

38 Responses to Anne Hathaway In Givenchy – 2013 Tate Americas Foundation Artists Dinner

1. ellen May 9, 2013 at 14:51 #

she may be having a mid life crisis but good for her :) she’s rockin’ it!

• CreoleLady May 9, 2013 at 22:07 #

I had similar thoughts. She did not not radically experiment with her look in her twenties. So it’s almost like she’s making up for lost time now that she’s hit 30. I think she looks great here.

2. Sarah May 9, 2013 at 14:59 #

I absolutely loved it at the Met, she was my favourite & the new hair was, for me, a part of the look but here, i don’t have the same opinion on it : it doesn’t suit her here or maybe it’s this pink color making this look so meh…with black clothes it could still working out but not with light colours. I still wish she’s gonna get back to her brown hair color one day.

• kane May 10, 2013 at 01:51 #

I agree, the hair worked at the Met as a one off thing as part of the outfit. Not feeling it here. I’m also not crazy about the shoes.

• Noemi May 11, 2013 at 08:33 #

I agree with you. I think the light pink doesn’t work with the blonde hair. And I prefer her with her natural hair, or at least, not so blonde.

3. lee May 9, 2013 at 15:02 #

i love it. girl’s got sass in this pic.

4. mm May 9, 2013 at 15:04 #

The make up and hair = perfection

5. Moxie May 9, 2013 at 15:04 #

I’m hoping the blonde hair is for a role and not something she plans to keep. Not a fan of this look overall.

6. EmmaWoodhouse May 9, 2013 at 15:22 #

I feel like the blonde hair works for now but it’s a novelty that will soon wear off. This dress reminds me of the one Cate Blanchett wore while promoting the Hobbit. This is too short, but it’s an interesting look otherwise. I like it ok.

7. Christine May 9, 2013 at 15:36 #

This dress is a short version of the the BDOTW worthy dress Cate the Great worn.

Love her new hair. She is working her new do. Love this!

8. Chloe May 9, 2013 at 15:41 #

I love this new hair

9. Anne May 9, 2013 at 15:50 #

Love the new hair, for now. It’s a GREAT shade of blonde for her. I’d really love the entire look if it was just a tad longer.

10. Rebecca Z May 9, 2013 at 15:55 #

I don’t really like this dress, but I love her attitude. I also hope she returns to her natural hair color sooner rather than later. This was fun for her look at the Met Ball, but it really doesn’t suit her for the long run.

11. Prudence May 9, 2013 at 16:07 #

I had no idea she was keeping the blond!! I thought this was a one off! I do not like how this blond hair is styled it….she needs to keep it in a sexy cut like at the MET.

12. Yeliz May 9, 2013 at 16:12 #

I love this look head-to-toe. She is working that new do!

• Adrian May 11, 2013 at 03:45 #

13. Lee Ann May 9, 2013 at 16:16 #

She is trying way too hard. Blonde really doesn’t suit her at all. She has as much attitude as a fluffy kitten.

• Regina May 9, 2013 at 20:11 #

14. Nat39 May 9, 2013 at 16:21 #

This look isn´t working imo.

• Nat39 May 9, 2013 at 20:41 #

The shoes are completely wrong with this dress, and I’m never a fan of the bleached hair-contrasting darker eyebrow look.

15. Pedro May 9, 2013 at 16:36 #

Anne looks perfect!

I’m in love with the new hair

16. dee May 9, 2013 at 16:57 #

I like this look. I liked the way her hair was styled better at the Met but this is good too.

17. Jane May 9, 2013 at 18:00 #

She said she’s going to continue doing different things because it’s her life and she wants to lol. Those were exactly her words. However, she did say she has to go back to brown in August once she films her new movie.

18. Kathy May 9, 2013 at 18:26 #

This doesn’t feel like Anne at all…like others have pointed out, it feels like a pale imitation (no pun intended) of Cate Blanchett, especially with that sleek blond bob. Her eye makeup is too heavy for the soft pink dress.

19. Jeremy May 9, 2013 at 18:36 #

I love this look and I think the blonde hair is fun and sexy! She’s obviously not going to keep it forever; she probably went blonde for the MET Gala and decided to have some fun with it for a week or so. It IS a lovely shade of blonde.

The gown looked better on Cate. But, I suspect that’s because everything looks better on Cate; she has the attitude and intellect to go from glamour to avant garde and never looks out of place in either style.

Anne is beautiful and this is a fun, sexy look! I’m a fan!

20. serapart May 9, 2013 at 18:58 #

I love that she looks comfortable in her new blonde skin and she doesnt look like she’s trying too hard for me. I hope we’ll get to see her new do more often!!

21. justme May 9, 2013 at 20:31 #

Blonde worked with the MET ball theme. But it doesn’t suit Anne’s complexion/features at all.

I’m not a fan of what the dress does to her bust area either.

22. Ingrid May 9, 2013 at 20:42 #

I think she totally pulls it off and it is a great look!

23. Aline May 9, 2013 at 22:47 #

I would’ve never imagined I would like her as a blonde so much. I think she’s really working the new ‘do.

I’m not a fan of the dress itself but she’s selling the whole look for me so it’s a yay in my book.

24. ladyoflettuce May 9, 2013 at 23:47 #

I like this so much better: all about proportion for her… the sleevless/shoulder baring frocks showed her scrawny shoulders–this kind of thing, a bit of structure and volume around the shoulders, is so much better.

25. Alicat May 10, 2013 at 00:31 #

While the blonde hair and spiked hairdo were fantastic at the Met Ball, I don’t like it all smoothed down like this. I cannot prefer this to her beautiful, long,brunette locks. Of course, it is a matter of personal taste. She looks great in the dress.

26. Amy May 10, 2013 at 00:57 #

What are people talking about? A woman can’t die her hair or experiment clothes without having a mid-life crisis? I personally think Anne is rocking the blonde? I’m not sure it would work if her hair was still long but with the cropped hair it’s great. Nice look.

27. Sharon May 10, 2013 at 01:51 #

I love the “new” Anne. She looks like she’s having so much fun as a blond. I’m not a big fan of the dress, but I love her look otherwise.

28. the ogre May 10, 2013 at 06:56 #

why should she b considered to b having a mid-life crisis? 30 is young hello! its probably the best time of a woman’s life!

and this new ‘do proves it! she’s way more confident and sure of her place in the world now. i mean it takes a lot to do something out of ur element and she did us all so proud at the Met.

even though i prefer her as a brunette she looks amazing over here! i like the sudden transformation. even i think she could have worn more interesting shoes but the rest of it is quite great.

go anne!

29. Gabby M May 10, 2013 at 08:07 #

I seriously wonder how dresses like these are made, its looks inflattable

30. Pene May 10, 2013 at 12:23 #

I thought blonde was only for the met punk look. its not working for me here

31. Colleen May 10, 2013 at 14:14 #

Where was this girl during awards season? She looks amazing! Not only has the blonde hair given her a completely different look, but an entire new attitude as well! Love it.

32. Cameron June 16, 2013 at 01:01 #

The clutch is Jill Milan’s Art Deco, not Jimmy Choo’s.