Lily Collins In Moschino – 2013 Met Gala

Lily Collins In Moschino - 2013 Met Gala

Lily Collins made quite a statement in her Moschino look at the Met Gala.

I can only say, be careful what you wish for! Here everyone has been complaining about such a total lack of punk styling by many of the Met Gala’s guests, and here you have someone really going for it. I think.

Part of me thinks that Lily’s look is much more witchy than punk, but she’s definitely committed to her look.

While I can’t see the entire gown, I’m thinking maybe she should have work it alone, rather than pairing it with this outrageous sequin and flying-heart adorned jacket, because the two together is what we call ‘a lot of look’.

Then, when you add the blue streaked hair and the extreme eye makeup, it really is a lot to try to take in. But, if you really just focus on the young star’s face, she looks beautiful. I’m thinking the hair and makeup are keepers and should have been paired with a less heavy dress.

Am I being too harsh on someone finally going for the punk theme, or do you agree that this is just too much all together?

Credit: Getty

21 thoughts on “Lily Collins In Moschino – 2013 Met Gala

1. EmmaWoodhouse

Part of me applauds this because it’s absolutely crazy, but going with the theme. However, I REALLY wish that she had taken off the jacket, because the dress looks really cool Even though it’s punk I’m not sold on the blue streaks either. So take away those two elements and we have a winning look.

2. Yeliz

The lace on the gown together with all the details on the jacket are too much for my taste. The gown is kinda princessy while the jacket is rock chick. I do like it and it’s appropriate, but she should’ve paired it with a simple gown IMO.

3. Nat

She would have rocked without the jacket. I think she could have added a spiked belt like Cameron Diaz did replacing the jacket.

4. Christine

I like this only for going with the punk theme but a part of me is thinking don’t blow load way too early, honey! A bit too much.

5. Kimi

I agree with you on the make up and hair, its a keeper and goes with the theme. She just needs to lose the jacket.

6. AG

I get that she’s sticking with the theme, but I think she’s gone just a little bit too far! Much prefer those who incorporated the theme in a more subtle way. Would love to see this without the jacket though! From what we can see it actually looks like a nice dress.

7. jas

agreed with the above comments, but i appreciate that she’s having a bit of fun with it

8. Natalie

It’s extreme but I love that she made the effort all over. I can’t fault it, it’s very fun.

9. Ioana

Maybe if the dress had been a simple, black, long dress, the jacket would have been a HIT and not a MISS.

Too much going, I agree. Hair and make-up: great!

10. Mandy

If the dress didn’t have those sparkles it would have complimented the jacket more. But kudos to her for going all out. She looked like she was having fun.

11. Alicat

Love the hair and makeup. Really love the jacket. Love the dress but not with the hair and jacket. She needed to choose the jacket and wear a simple dress, or wear this dress and lose the jacket.

12. Jess2

We certainly can’t say that she didn’t commit, but I do feel that this is a bit much. I love the hair and makeup and I like the dress and jacket, just not the dress and jacket together. Nearly but not quite.

13. Moxie

Love the jacket and love the dress… just not together. This would have worked with the jacket and a simpler dress or with just the embellished dress.

14. Nat39

She way overcooked it, busy and costumey, playing dressup gone overboard. She is pretty though, resembles Alicia Keys here a bit.

15. Parvati

I agree that there’s a lot going on, but compared to other celebrities who didn’t get the punk memo, I really like how Lily Collins went full punk!