Chloe Sevigny In Chloé – Chloé’s 60th Anniversary Celebration

Chloe Sevigny In Chloé - Chloé's 60th Anniversary Celebration

Chloe Sevigny was at the Barneys New York Madison Avenue store in New York City last night, to help Chloé celebrate their 60th anniversary.

To mark the anniversary, the house is reissuing 16 iconic archive pieces, including the Violin dress the actress wore, which was designed by Karl Lagerfeld for the spring/summer 1983 collection which the actress wore.

The iconic black dress with cut-outs at the waist and a gold- beaded violin motif was styled with tri-colour Chloée sandals and a black python clutch.

On Chloe’s last few outings you haven’t warmed to her, but on this occasion wouldn’t you agree that she looks polished?

A side- parted new cropped ‘do and a fuchsia- pink lip shade completed her look.

The dress retails at $3,695 asnd is only available at

The dress retails at $3,695 and is only available at Barneys New York stores.

Click here to see the full collection and illustrations by Sandra Suy for Chloé.

725662006

Credit: illustrated by Sandra Suy for Chloé & Neil Rasmus/Billy Farrell Agency

/courtes

19 thoughts on “Chloe Sevigny In Chloé – Chloé’s 60th Anniversary Celebration

1. AnderBoBo

There is something off about the dress that I can’t quite put my finger on, I don’t think the cutouts are all that flattering and the “violin” portion doesn’t appear to be laying correctly. I do think she looks pretty though.

1. Anj

Agreed. The shoes are good. The dress is just off. Is that supposed to be a violin or guitar or something?

2. gabis

In spite of all the flaws one may find, I still think this is one of the best looks she donated in a while.

3. Mahogany A.

So for me, Chloe Sevigny’s style makes absolutely no sense and this is just another example. The dress is evening wear for Xena Warrior Princess. Which is so funny because even saying that this is the best I’ve ever seen her look.

4. Marybeth

Iconic or not, the dress makes no artistic sense as a garment. It might look very clever on a hanger but I can’t imagine ANYONE looking good in it with that violin panel drawing the eye to the midsection.

I’ll give her credit for being well-groomed though.
    She looks okay.

1. Nat39

This piece can be quite striking on the right person but Chloe is simply not wearing it well, agreed.

5. Annel

She hasn’t looked really good in ages. Don’t know where her mojo went.. The dress is too long in my opinion and the cut outs are not that well proportioned. But hair and grooming is slightly better. Starting to lose faith that the old Chloe will come back – not gonna happen with this hair though.

6. Amy

I’m glad she’s wearing because it was probably lent to her. I would feel bad for anyone who has to pay 3600$ to wear that ugly thing

7. Alicat

Without the strange violin motif the dress would be passable. The way it puckers over her front is unflattering.

8. EmmaWoodhouse

It’s…odd. I like the capelet shoulders, but not the cut-outs or the violin, without which the look is boring. Hair is a little better than usual.

9. Denise

Don’t quite “get” this dress. I think her haircut is terrible, makes her look like a man… I used to like her style very much. She had a unique way of wearing and putting together outfits and she always looked so effortless. Sad..