05.03.13

Fashion Critics’ 2013 Oscars Round Up

Oscars 1

Ocars 2
Ocars 33
Oscars 4

Credit: Getty

Constance Jablonski In Alberta Ferretti - ‘Birdman’ Venice Film Festival Premiere & Opening Ceremony

Constance Jablonski In Alberta Ferretti – ‘Birdman’ Venice Film Festival Premiere & Opening Ceremony

Shop Her Closet

Shop Her Closet

28 Responses to Fashion Critics’ 2013 Oscars Round Up

1. EmmaWoodhouse March 5, 2013 at 02:08 #

There actually were some awesome looks this year–loving Jessica, Fan, Amy, Jennifer, and Octavia from this list.

2. TL March 5, 2013 at 02:08 #

Oh FC I love these award’s names. LOL Didn’t fly thousands of miles to go unnoticed award…

3. Christine March 5, 2013 at 02:13 #

LOL at the last two.

4. Christopher Teoh March 5, 2013 at 02:15 #

Yup, Channing Tatum is simply the yummiest daddy-to-be in Hollywood!! Charlize Theron’s Dior white peplum gown is simplicity with much QUEEN attitude!!! Anne Hathaway is simply disappointing in her changing plan!!! Love the Valentino design much better than this Prada disaster!! JLAW, modern toilet roll princess in DIOR!!!! Jessica Chastain Armani’s nude creation, simply outstanding!!! Octavia Spencer Tadashi Shoji’s tulle confection to perfection!! Helen Hunt, H&M didn’t suit you!!! Jane Fonda, salute this ageless beauty in this canary yellow plunging Versace creation!! That’s all!!!

5. Anita March 5, 2013 at 02:26 #

BINGO on all of them! I hope you enjoyed the awards FC and you looked fabulous in your RM gown!

• Catherine Kallon March 5, 2013 at 20:32 #

6. pipsqueak March 5, 2013 at 02:34 #

Charlize was my best dressed choice also! Can’t beat that confidence.

7. Kate March 5, 2013 at 02:43 #

I’m surprised Charlize is best dressed. Sure, she looks great like she always does because she’s BEAUTIFUL and the dress fits her well. But the dress itself is something I’ve seen 100 times. It’s just a bit too safe and boring for my taste.
    Jessica Chastain wins for me, for the interesting color and beading and great make-up/hair to go with it.

8. Marybeth March 5, 2013 at 02:55 #

:lol: I’m laughing at the last two! So true!
    It’s all in good fun, though, because in truth Fan and Amy did look quite pretty.

I’m pleased to see Octavia Spencer (my personal favorite) and Jessica Chastain given special applause here. Yet in the end the night belonged to DIOR, with two OUTSTANDING looks that most of us rated among the best of the night.

9. Nat39 March 5, 2013 at 03:10 #

Can’t take my eyes off Jessica – she owned that red carpet, if you ask me, she exuded glamour and sex appeal like noone else while looking so show-stoppingly gorgeous.
    Jennifer Lawrence did really good with both looks, and Octavia’s formula is truly winning indeed, she can get really rich selling it (love that award :) ) Channing was impeccable.

Anne Hathaway couldn’t have been more disappointing (as I expect so much more from her), and I’m still not wowed by Charlize – the bodice looks rather stiff, flat, and plain (not to mention a major touch of deja vu and the fact that she is quite broad in the chest/shoulder area to carry it off beautifully), she did make it into my top 6 though, as it’s still a chic look, but I’d easily take Jennifer’s Dior look over it.

10. dana March 5, 2013 at 04:08 #

want some more categories! love the last two

11. Ruth March 5, 2013 at 04:32 #

I love your “award” categories! I think these posts are my favorite of the site.

12. Joy March 5, 2013 at 05:15 #

I was so glad you picked Charlize for the best dressed. I thought so too! I felt like she went a bit unnoticed, but for me she was perfection. I adored everything about her look. She looked SO beautiful in a classy and sophisticated way. And, you’ve gotta love a women in Dior that wears it is a believable way.

13. Yeliz March 5, 2013 at 05:32 #

These posts are always so hilarious! LOL to Helen and Fan’s awards. Although I loved Jessica’s look, I think the best Armani look was Naomi Watts.

• Luis March 5, 2013 at 12:44 #

+1 Naomi Watts looked great!

14. Fiona - Perth March 5, 2013 at 08:04 #

Love the categories – agree on all points, except Armani Prive too close to call between Jessica’s copper creation and Naomi’s steel blue sparkle, tough choice. I am afraid the ship has already sailed for frou frou Oscar gowns, we are now over them. By the way – do we know exactly which Valentino Anne was supposed to wear?

15. Rashmi March 5, 2013 at 08:18 #

Hahaha, agree with most of the awards :)
    The best ones : Finally a Dior + Jeniffer wch I love (So true);
    Needs to bottle and sell the winning formula. I love this made-for-each other pair , she is always so perfect.
    And the hilarious one was, Wouldn’t wear it with creases for $2 million. Those creases just made the necklace so insignificant!

And Finally, Charlize and Channing were my best dressed too :)

Thanks for the post, FC !

PS: If there is an Oscar party Round up, don’t forget to mention Catherine Kallon in the ‘Most Pretty and Loved’ award :D

• Catherine Kallon March 5, 2013 at 20:26 #

lol..yes there will…just landed today, so will catch up tomorrow

• Rashmi March 6, 2013 at 12:43 #

Great! Looking forward for it.

Hope you had a wonderful mini vacation ;)

16. CreoleLady March 5, 2013 at 13:52 #

LOL. Yes, totally agree about Octavia Spencer, I love that look more and more each time I see it.

17. Jai March 5, 2013 at 14:48 #

LOVE your award for Amy Adams. Couldn’t agree more!

18. Kathy March 5, 2013 at 18:28 #

These awards are perfect! I completely agree with Anne, Octavia, Jane and Jennifer, although Jennifer was my pick for Best Dressed and not Charlize. I am beyond annoyed with Fan Bingbing. Why does she show up to so many events she has no part in? She’s not nominated, she’s not even a performer or presenter as far as I know (right? I watched all but 20 minutes of the Oscars from start to finish and didn’t see her once, maybe I just missed her). I can’t even name the last film/project she was in, and my family follows Chinese pop culture pretty closely.

19. Sa'adatu March 5, 2013 at 19:38 #

Love and agree with all the categories,Charlize was my best dressed hands down,refined elegance.Anne was disappointing.The Fan situation reminds me of Aishwariya Rai at the 2011 show,no reason whatsoever to be there!

20. Catherine March 6, 2013 at 00:04 #

Love these posts, FC! Completely agree with Jennifer Lawrence, Helen Hunt, Octavia Spencer, and Jane Fonda. Personally, my best dressed is Jessica Chastain in Armani Privé, and I’m also one of the few people who LOVED Anne Hathaway in Prada! I love the elegant simplicity and the beautiful necklace! I also loved Amy Adams!

21. Jess2 March 6, 2013 at 09:32 #

Oh how I loooove these! I cant choose between Naomi and Jessica for BD but Charlize was only a second behind. My jaw hit the floor when I saw Channing! Oh my gosh he looked impeccable, a sooo handsome/hot.

Hope you had an amazing night Catherine, you looked stunning, as expected :) x

22. sanya March 7, 2013 at 10:01 #

I disagree about Helen Hunt’s dress. I think color was really nice and it matched her skin tone and hair color, but material was of a really poor quality. For me, Reese Witherspoon had much worse dress.

23. Zineb March 7, 2013 at 11:00 #

I have noticed FC that your last year’s best dressed winner at the oscars was Gwyneth paltrow in a white gown & this year your best dressed is another white gown. If next year you’ll choose another white gown it will be AMAZING !

• Catherine Kallon March 7, 2013 at 11:02 #

I didn’t even notice that…thank you :D