Heidi Klum In Julien Macdonald – 2013 Elton John AIDS Foundation Oscars Party

2013EltonJohn_HeidiKlum

Heidi Klum joined a bevy of stars on Sunday night for the 2013 Elton John AIDS Foundation Academy Awards Viewing Party at the Pacific Design Center in West Hollywood, California.

She channeled the Oscar statuette with her gold Julien Macdonald gown.

While the ‘Project Runway’ host isn’t an Academy Award winner, she certainly was displaying her own ‘trophy’ set.

I did appreciate the Art Deco-fueled inspiration of this ensemble, what with the geometric beading and matching statement earrings. It also followed the sparkling metallic trend we saw so much of on Sunday’s red carpet.

But I simply cannot get past the too-revealing, plunge front of this gown that strutted on the wrong side of risqué—even for this supermodel.

Swept-back hair and a nude lip completed the look—not that anyone was staring at her face.

Credit: Getty

61 thoughts on “Heidi Klum In Julien Macdonald – 2013 Elton John AIDS Foundation Oscars Party

1. zineb

If you think she should get a spot at the worst dressed of the year list, type +1 ! and yes I’d go for D all of the above as well !

2. zineb

If you think she should get a spot at the worst dressed of the year list, type +1 ! and yes I’d go for D all of the above as well!

1. the ogre

oh no! why oh why would you do that? i just can’t get past the twins on this occasion to appreciate much else because the dress is amazing and the earrings superb! but too much boobage just simply ruins the look for me.

2. justme

I apologize for being rude but is this what divorce does to you?
    Her style post-Seal has been so… Mariah post-Tommy Mottola :/

3. Noemi

I’ve never understand all the fuss about her. She’s of course a beautiful woman and she seems to be nice, too. But she has no style, this is so tacky.

4. Fanny

FC, Alicia Vikander in the blue Elie Saab dress at the award show red carpet?! She looked gorgeous, in case you missed her!

5. Amy

heidi,heidi,heidi… it’s like one step forward three steps back. Not everything has to be sexy. the decolleté is just too daring. Not my fave

6. Betelgeuze

The dress is very pretty and the earrings nicely complement it but OWWW MY EYEEEES TOO MUCH INFORMATION OH MY GOD

7. Joy

What the ??? Really shows lack of class. For heaven’s sake she’s a “supermodel”, does she really have to stoop to dressing like this? Or maybe it is really just lack of style. She is not one of my favs to begin with, so it will be hard to forget this look.

She could stand to learn some class, taste and elegance.

8. Camille

If the neckline was modified, the dress would be beautiful. As it is, it’s tacky. Also, hate the hair, tho as you said, who’s looking at anything else but the chest.

9. Sammy C

The only person that did plunging excellently from what I have seen so far is Britney Spears. I can´t wait until you feature her… I hope you do anyway, simply because she hasn´t looked that good, comfortable and healthy in YEARS.

The only reason I prefer Heidi to say, Brandi Glanville, is because she is Heidi and not Brandi. The look in general isn´t bad. The dress is rather on the stunning/appropriate for an Oscar party, side of things. But tacky or not, that cleveage is unnecessary.

10. jones19

I laughed so hard when I saw a picture of her with Kim and Kourt Kardashian on either side of her boobs…and it looked like she was breastfeeding them!

11. JJovana

Trashy!

I know she recently got divorced, but there are other ways to show the world you are “doing fine and fabulous”

12. Parvati

This is probably one of her worst looks ever. Way too revealing, trashy and the unflattering hair and make-up make things even worse.

13. Mariia

She must have some kind of middle life crisis, there isn’t any other good (or bad) explanation for her outfit choices lately. I like her earrings though.

14. Stel

Hahahahahaha oh my!!! If she was my mum I would be soooooo ashamed!! The dress is great but for girls with little breasts..

15. abc

I have had exactly the same reaction as most people posting, but then I paused and thought..why is deep plunge acceptable for flatchested women and not for well endowed women… the amount of skin on show is the same, though I understand what is at stake here is the amount of breast showing,, but we regularly see women with small boobs fkashing a lot of skin and it appears to me a double standard that being well endowed is what makes the look trashy.
    I totally agree that less is more, and in an mage conscious era we need to discourage women from the ‘look at me’ approach, but surely there is a double standard here somewhere??

16. robert

I am astonished at all the negativity. I don’t think she looks bad at all. The gown is full length and she has great breasts. They’re not pushed up to her chin. Calm down people. It’s ELTON JOHN’S party. Not the Oscars.

17. Aline

It’s like she wore the dress backwards. One would need a psychiatrist to try to figure out what was going on Heidi’s mind when she chose this dress.

On the other hand, I love her hair. I think she’s the only one who was successful with the sleeked back hairstyle.

18. Kane

Project runway judge and host! Seriously? She keeps wearing the same gown that she could show her boobs and legs! Take some risk in a classic way! Not a revealing way Heidi!