Marion Cotillard In Christian Dior Couture – Cesar Film Awards 2013

Marion Cotillard In Christian Dior Couture - Cesar Film Awards 2013

Marion Cotillard attended the Cesar Film Awards 2013 held at Theatre du Chatelet on Friday evening in Paris, France.

The actress wore yet another look from the Christian Dior Spring 2013 Couture collection.

Her BAFTA look was sexy and fashion-forward, but the same can’t be said for this strapless creation.

Opting for a safer, simpler look, her light-pink gown with black stripes was styled with black embellished pumps and Chopard jewels.

I love the 40s style pin up, but I’m finding it hard to get excited about this gown. This should’ve been an option for Jennifer Lawrence.

Do you agree?

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Vanessa Hudgens In Julien Macdonald - 'Spring Breakers' Madrid Premiere

Vanessa Hudgens In Julien Macdonald – ‘Spring Breakers’ Madrid Premiere

Bérénice Bejo In Giambattista Valli Couture - Cesar Film Awards 2013

Bérénice Bejo In Giambattista Valli Couture – Cesar Film Awards 2013

31 Responses to Marion Cotillard In Christian Dior Couture – Cesar Film Awards 2013

1. ash February 23, 2013 at 00:28 #

Is she planning to leave Jennifer Lawrence a dress from the current couture collection to wear to the Oscars?

• JMW February 23, 2013 at 01:28 #

I read somewhere that Jennifer is having a custom made dress for the big night.

• Magdalena. February 23, 2013 at 20:01 #

She is. She said in an interview that a few sketches have been shown to her.

2. Joana February 23, 2013 at 00:35 #

The dress is beautiful but I do not like her hairstyle seems Keira Knightley in a period film.

• MG February 23, 2013 at 03:52 #

hahaha couldnt agree more!!

• Rashmi February 23, 2013 at 11:30 #

Hahah exactly !! I just couldn’t remember where I saw it last.
      After giving us a BDOTY look at BAFTA , this seems very boring. I am waiting for her Oscar look !

3. shontay February 23, 2013 at 00:35 #

I love this look on her. The makeup and hair are great, but I will say the shoes are questionable. I need a better look at them.

4. Thaís February 23, 2013 at 00:59 #

Am I the only one who has had a problem with the fitting of the Dior dresses on the redcarpet lately? I know the dresses are lent to Marion and Jennifer, but when you compare the redcarpet dresses with the ones on the runway, they fit very low on the bodice and the hems are never at the right height, which somehow ruin it for me!

Ps.: Love the makeup and the hair!

• Marybeth February 23, 2013 at 01:25 #

You’re not alone. I have wondered about the difference between the runway and red carpet fit too.

• Miranda February 23, 2013 at 06:23 #

It’s because Marion and Jen (and all the others) aren’t the same height as the runway models – normally a few inches shorter, making the dress sit longer and less tea-length.

• L February 23, 2013 at 06:31 #

These couture dresses are on loan to actresses to wear and then be returned to the atelier where they will most likely be sold to very rich clients. On the runway, couture models are usually between 5’10″ ft and 6′ ft with a very small bust and waist (model size). But most actresses, except the likes of Charlize Theron (a former model) and Nicole Kidman do not fit those specifications. Jennifer and Marion are both under 5’8″ ft, so naturally the hem length of the dress will not look the way it does on 6′ ft model unless it is custom-altered to a shorter length which is unlikely with a recently presented couture collection being worn at a less high profile event; because having to recut a couture gown is a very painstaking and lengthy process and the gown can not be “re-altered” to the original length after the actress returns the dress. Unlike ready-to-wear, couture is one-of-a-kind and handmade so design houses are very reluctant to let these beautiful and extremly expensive creations be chopped up and “re-made” just for an actress to wear (for free) once before being returned.

5. TeaAtTwo February 23, 2013 at 01:13 #

She looks pretty (though I’d take off the necklace) but I would love to her in some of the more avant-garde pieces as she’s one of the few who could make them look chic.

6. amparo February 23, 2013 at 01:20 #

Hate the hair!!!

7. Marybeth February 23, 2013 at 01:31 #

Very nice. I personally don’t like the hair but can appreciate the retro feel she’s going for.

8. Christine February 23, 2013 at 01:58 #

This dress would be too mature for Jennifer. On Marion its ok.

• Ramsay February 23, 2013 at 08:02 #

I actually totally agree on this – and I believe Simons’ designs are working better on Corillard than on Lawrence because they are cut to a slightly older clientele (ie above thirty) – when you look at recent events attendee by both actresses, Marion has always looked better – Jennifer has looked too safe, or not comfortable in her own skin – though the dresses she’s worn (like her Bafta dress) do have a lot of potential but I think she’s still too young to pull thrm off – She’s never topped her red Calvin Klein look in my opinion cause that look was simple and sexy and appropriate for her

• Angie February 23, 2013 at 09:06 #

I agree with you!

9. c February 23, 2013 at 02:10 #

i love this dress on marion. i do wish she had worn her hair differently – down and tousled, maybe.

10. Julie February 23, 2013 at 03:46 #

This was my favorite from that collection and I too am disappointed in the fit on Marion. It looks like waist is too low, the skirt is lacking in volume, and the hem is a slightly off length. Perhaps it simply better suits taller model types? It is a disappointment, but I can’t complain with it going to Marion.

11. EmmaWoodhouse February 23, 2013 at 03:50 #

I really like the dress on Marion, it just needs to be hiked up an inch. The hair is very Keira Knightley. It’s kind of a fun look.

12. Yeliz February 23, 2013 at 06:23 #

I think the gown suits Marion better, but it’s too long. I would’ve loved this if not for the length. Hair and makeup are fine.

13. ash February 23, 2013 at 07:28 #

I think it’s beautiful and suits Marion. But the only problem is the length…I wish it’d be shorter.

14. robbie February 23, 2013 at 08:17 #

one of the very few raf simons for dior looks i have liked. but really what is couture about this?

15. Derro February 23, 2013 at 08:57 #

I hate most of Raf’s designs for Dior, but I loved this gown on the runway and I love it on Marion. A shorter hemline would be ideal but the rest of it is perfection.

16. Noemi February 23, 2013 at 09:06 #

Beautiful dress, but I don’t like the length, the shoes and the hair. I think J. Lawrence will have a custom made gown.

17. TL February 23, 2013 at 10:06 #

Maybe I am the only one not liking this look. Don’t like the material of the dress, and it fits low on her bodice; her smoky eye makeup looks messy, neither the hair nor the shoes wows me.

18. Carmen February 23, 2013 at 13:21 #

One of my favorites looks from the last couture collection, I am happy to see it in Marion. Don’t like the hair, but for the rest, she looks great.

19. msd February 23, 2013 at 13:29 #

This is fine but it looks like it needs to be yanked up. And I would love the hair … with a different dress.

20. Jai February 23, 2013 at 15:21 #

The yellow gown has been the only look that has stunned me from Dior. The rest of Marion’s outfits have been meh, this included.

21. DivaDebbi (Beauty and Fashion Blog) February 23, 2013 at 19:26 #

It’s quietly pretty. Much prefer the shoe worn on the runway. This one dowdys it up for me a bit.

22. Jess2 February 24, 2013 at 07:01 #

I don’t like this on Marion and I don’t think I would like it on Jennifer either. For me, there isn’t anything about this look that I like. This is certainly no competition for her BAFTAs look.