Selena Gomez In Atelier Versace – ‘Spring Breakers’ Berlin Premiere

Selena Gomez In Atelier Versace - 'Spring Breakers' Germany PremiereAfter making quite the flashy fashion move yesterday at the ‘Spring Breakers’ Paris premiere, Selena Gomez opted for more of a low sizzle at the Germany premiere of the movie, hosted on Tuesday at the Cinestar Potsdamer Platz in Berlin.

She suited up in an Atelier Versace outing from the Spring 2013 collection that definitely didn’t lack its own brand of flash.

But I much preferred the ostentatious detail of the 24-karat gold pinstripes in this rigorously fitted, couture pantsuit as opposed to a too-revealing party dress.

Also lavished with geometric beading on the ’80s-fabulous, broad shoulder and gold racing stripes down the leg, this ensemble packed an understated sexiness that spoke volumes.

The plunging neckline actually reminded me of Selena’s bestie Taylor Swift, as the V-shape has become a go-to silhouette for her.

Casadei’s ‘Blade’ pumps, which have pranced their way onto a number of red carpets lately, provided a pointed finish to this ensemble. The singer-actress’s long waves, smokey eye and nude lip completed the sultry effect.

This is Selena’s third Atelier Versace look in recent days. Do you like her new edge?

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Jenna Dewan-Tatum's Rag & Bone 'Kinsey' Boots And Stella McCartney 'Falabella' Bag

Jenna Dewan-Tatum’s Rag & Bone ‘Kinsey’ Boots And Stella McCartney ‘Falabella’ Bag

Vanessa Hudgens In Naeem Khan - 'Spring Breakers' Berlin Premiere

Vanessa Hudgens In Naeem Khan – ‘Spring Breakers’ Berlin Premiere

27 Responses to Selena Gomez In Atelier Versace – ‘Spring Breakers’ Berlin Premiere

1. DorianGray February 20, 2013 at 00:48 #

I didn’t think but I really like her in Atelier Versace even if I imagined this kind of look worn by a less young star. Good attitude here.

2. arang February 20, 2013 at 01:02 #

Not a fan of this look. I think it teeters over the line into vulgar and overly flashy. Doesn’t suit her.
    Also, is it trending to incorporate more precious metals and stones into high fashion (eg. black diamonds on a dress)? I love looking at fashion, realize it’s expensive, and don’t wish to be a Scrooge, but this is a bit too much for me. Certainly the 24-carat gold in this look mirrors the 80′s. Conspicuous consumption anyone? :)

3. Christine February 20, 2013 at 01:07 #

She looks much better here. I like this look.

4. Kathy February 20, 2013 at 01:34 #

Selena doesn’t have the maturity to carry off this look. It’s not just her age, but also her persona in general. Sorry, but she looks like a child trying on her mother’s clothes for fun, or a high school student outfitted to play a female cop in a theater production. Uninspiring shoes too.

• Ruth February 20, 2013 at 01:49 #

I agree. Selena has a very young looking face so it’s very hard for me to see her in more adult clothing. I think her more adult style will be awkward for a while as she matures and loses the young be-bop image. I’m very curious to see her in ten, fifteen years – it may be awkward now, but she may have that ageless grace like that of Catherine Zeta-Jones.

• Azur81 February 20, 2013 at 01:51 #

Agree with you

• TL February 20, 2013 at 01:55 #

I totally agree. If her face is covered, this look would work for me, but she is still trying too hard to be “sexy”.

• Cookie February 20, 2013 at 04:04 #

I don’t think she tries too hard- it’s just that she looks REALLY young, kind of like Sarah Hyland. I can’t believe she’s the same age as me, and neither can most of the others in our age group to be honest.

The problem is if she dresses the way she looks we will have another frothy princess on the red carpet, which I think everyone agrees we need no more of.

5. Emma February 20, 2013 at 01:43 #

Much improved, but I just think this look is overly mature for her.
    FC, are you going to cover Ashley Benson’s look from last night’s event? I normally don’t like her style but on this occasion for me her black gown outshone the other girls.

6. Duda February 20, 2013 at 02:03 #

wow She’s stunning with this look!

7. TeaAtTwo February 20, 2013 at 02:05 #

I don’t dislike her in it but I had someone like Uma Thurman or Halle Berry in mind wearing this suit and Kristen McMenany is rocking it more. Her young face seems more at home in the little dresses.

8. Taksi February 20, 2013 at 02:41 #

The proportions are off, for me. And, I think it would be better suited for someone older.

• Yeliz February 20, 2013 at 05:17 #

Agreed.

9. EmmaWoodhouse February 20, 2013 at 03:04 #

I appreciate that she tried something different, however, this suit needed to be worn by someone older and it DEFINITELY needed a SHIRT. Had Selena worn a simple black tank under it, I would not have loved it on her (given that it’s really better suited to the Nicole Kidman type, or maybe Rosie HW) but it would have been a step up.

10. Angela February 20, 2013 at 03:25 #

I actually love this edgy look from Selena, I completely approve. Her age (nor baby face) bother me because she looks hot and she looks confident in herself.

• admmgz February 20, 2013 at 04:50 #

11. ash February 20, 2013 at 07:45 #

Better than paris.
    but first,I dont think this look suits the event,promoting a fun movie like Spring Breakers,this look is too boring and too old for her; second…What happened to her eye makeup??

12. Ruff February 20, 2013 at 11:30 #

She doesn´t look bad per se, but she´s not working it. This was Rihanna material.

13. Katie February 20, 2013 at 12:18 #

I think she looks fab, her legs go on for ever. Fair enough it probably is more Rihanna’s style but Selena is breaking through and coming into her own, fashion is all about experimenting!

14. Amy February 20, 2013 at 13:48 #

I’m glad gomez is experiencing some edgy stuff, it’s the right moment but this outfit would look better on somebody else, someone older and bolder. Here the proportions are wrong and she isn’t selling it. Anyway A for the effort

15. Rebecca Z February 20, 2013 at 13:48 #

I liked this until I saw the back of the jacket–it’s just ugly. She looks fierce and great. these girls do grow up. At least she waited to wear these kinds of clothes until she was more age appropriate, unlike some of the other young actresses these days.

16. Christopher Teoh Jing Xiang February 20, 2013 at 14:34 #

Bieber who?? Selena Gomez is sexy and commanding in this black Atelier Versace plunging jumpsuit with gold embroidered details!! Love she goes light on the makeup and the side swept waves are gorgeous!! Simple black heels are enough to complement this fantastic outfit!! Gotta check out the bare back, so daring and fantabulous!! Selena is back on track!!

17. robbie February 20, 2013 at 17:57 #

nope. this makes me think of kardashian which is never a good thing.

18. Mana February 20, 2013 at 23:47 #

I love it, but I love even more her hair.

19. adrian February 21, 2013 at 22:04 #

Loving her looks and attitude on this tour!!!

20. Francois Bresmal February 22, 2013 at 22:43 #

STUNNING

21. Cass February 23, 2013 at 07:37 #

Love it! She looks real sexy and confident. BDOTW contender please!