Julianne Hough In Georges Hobeika Couture – ‘Safe Haven’ New York Premiere

Julianne Hough In Georges Hobeika Couture - 'Safe Haven' New York Premiere

The one thing we can give Julianne Hough credit for is that her style is not predictable; she’s always willing to try something new, both hair- and style-wise.

That was most definitely the case when she attended the New York premiere of her latest movie, ‘Safe Haven’, held at the Landmark Sunshine Cinemas yesterday evening, wearing a Georges Hobeika Spring 2013 pants ensemble.

Her pretty organza and Moroccan-crepe ensemble features the designer’s signature floral motif and Swarovski crystals.

I really want to like this simply because Julianne tried something new, but I think I would’ve preferred this look had the top stopped at the waist.

The metallic pumps were a perfect addition to her unique look.

Is this working for you?

Credit: Facebook & Getty

Donna Karan Fall 2013

Donna Karan Fall 2013

Live: Michael Kors' Fall 2013 Show #AllAccessKors

Live: Michael Kors’ Fall 2013 Show #AllAccessKors

16 Responses to Julianne Hough In Georges Hobeika Couture – ‘Safe Haven’ New York Premiere

1. ahot February 13, 2013 at 14:46 #

She is too short to pull it off as opposed to the model, so of course she looks weird.

2. Rebecca Z February 13, 2013 at 14:46 #

I have gone back and forth on this since I first saw it, and have decided that I really like it. It is different, and I rarely like this dress over pants look, but given the lightness of the fabric and the color, and her confident presentation, I am sold.

3. Marybeth February 13, 2013 at 15:34 #

I think the dress-over-pants look is fine if the lines of the dress are sleek, rather like a long tunic. With this kind of dress I find it jarring, especially since the dress is so much longer on her than on the model.
    I applaud her for the effort and for her confidence, but this doesn’t work for me.

4. Leela February 13, 2013 at 16:02 #

Would have been better as a peplum top! I do love the shoes & lipstick though.

5. dee February 13, 2013 at 16:32 #

This would have been good without the pants.

6. Anj February 13, 2013 at 16:52 #

I don’t think this looks bad considering, but just like the case with that outfit Emma Watson wore a while back, I don’t like the whole dress + pants idea.
    I think it’s only workable if it’s tunic length with peplum to still show off your legs.

7. MagB February 13, 2013 at 17:16 #

I surprisingly really like this looks. I think its different and refreshing and she looks great!

8. DivaDebbi (Beauty and Fashion Blog) February 13, 2013 at 18:09 #

First glance, I loved it because it looked fresh, but the proportions just read like she is wearing slim pants under a cocktail dress. Almost but not…

9. justme February 13, 2013 at 18:30 #

I find the trousers useless and quite unflattering on both the model and Julianne.

10. Moxie February 13, 2013 at 18:56 #

This would have worked if the top had been more like a tunic or if the pants had been more form-fitted, like tights. As it is… no.

11. Nat39 February 13, 2013 at 20:29 #

Dull amd mumsy, the uninspiring colour isn’t helping, this isn’t working for me.

12. Yeliz February 13, 2013 at 21:28 #

I somehow like this look the way she wore it, but I would’ve loved it had she only wear the dress.

13. TeaAtTwo February 13, 2013 at 22:03 #

I don’t dislike it as I do nearly all dresses over pants looks but I’d prefer the idea of just the dress or as Leela said a peplum style top.
    Digressing- How amazing are most of the gowns in this collection! Thanks for link, can’t believe Vogue and Style don’t have this show on they’re websites.

14. Jad February 13, 2013 at 22:34 #

I think she amazing in that dress because she looks so fresh and elegant at the same time , and sticking on what we know for the red carpet isn’t gonna help the future of couture , and the progressing process , the dress looks so hightquality imprinted and the pants gave her the young look .

15. Christine February 13, 2013 at 23:30 #

Not liking this look.

16. EmmaWoodhouse February 14, 2013 at 00:47 #

Dress over pants? Oh child, no.
    This was long enough to wear as a dress.