Julianne Hough In Alberta Ferretti – ‘Safe Haven’ LA Premiere

Julianne Hough In Alberta Ferretti - 'Safe Haven' LA Premiere

Julianne Hough shimmered down the red carpet at the TCL Chinese Theatre in Hollywood, California on Monday evening for the premiere of her latest movie, ‘Safe Haven’.

The actress wore a gorgeous gown from the Alberta Ferretti Spring 2013 collection, which was inspired by underwater world.

Her light-grey sleeveless gown with a lace-and-beaded bodice is stunning. She does know how to pick a beautiful gown.

Her bouffant appears to be a more glamorous version of the rockabilly hairstyle she sported at the Globes.

At first I thought her hairstyle was quite matronly; aging her drastically. But the close up shots changed my mind.

Her gown was styled with Martin Katz jewels and a Judith Leiber clutch.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Naomi Campbell In Alexander McQueen - Late Night with Jimmy Fallon

Naomi Campbell In Alexander McQueen – Late Night with Jimmy Fallon

Rita Ora In House of Holland - Shepherd's Bush Empire

Rita Ora In House of Holland – Shepherd’s Bush Empire

13 Responses to Julianne Hough In Alberta Ferretti – ‘Safe Haven’ LA Premiere

1. the ogre February 6, 2013 at 11:37 #

i’m still waiting for someone to do something fabulous with this fabulous collection…sigh! i mean, she looks nice and all..i guess i’m just expecting too much. but no matter what i try to tell myself i’m not getting the goosebumps this collection is supposed to bring out…sigh! something is always off! here it’s the upper part which doesn’t seem to translate too well onto her body.

2. Rashmi February 6, 2013 at 11:55 #

There is something off about it, At first I thought the bodice is not flattering, but the close up tells otherwise. Maybe it needed someone taller so that the skirt gets more proportion.

However she is one stunning woman! The makeup and the hair is just amazing !

3. Molly February 6, 2013 at 12:16 #

Wow, the details on this dress are gorgeous in the close-ups. (Why, oh why, is there that big conspicuous seam running down the back? ) I agree, FC – she does know how to pick a beautiful gown. But the fit seems a little off. In the full-length view, I’d say she had gone two sizes too big — but then it looks like the top of the bodice fits well, so maybe it is the cut of the dress? Even on the model, the cut isn’t all that body-flattering — but Julianne just looks like she’s in the wrong size, maybe because the fit on the hips is different.

4. Anne February 6, 2013 at 13:08 #

Unfortunately, this intricate gown makes her look shapeless; like a block in the middle. She is so petite & fit, so I think this gown benefits from a long torso like the model. The color also completely washes her out. I do love her hair.

5. Rebecca Z February 6, 2013 at 13:16 #

Gorgeous hair and makeup, but like the others I am not wild about this dress. It is just too big for her through the middle.

6. Marybeth February 6, 2013 at 15:37 #

The loose fit around the waist gives this dress the feel of a nightgown — a GORGEOUS nightgown, but a nightgown nevertheless.

7. Christine February 6, 2013 at 15:57 #

Loving her hair but not feeling the dress.

8. noo February 6, 2013 at 16:10 #

the close up shots are wonderful, but from a distance the dress looks like the kind of lingerie that older women wear!

• Danielle February 6, 2013 at 18:41 #

Totally agree, looks much nicer close up than from a distance. She has an amazing figure which is disguised in the long shot of her.

9. arang February 6, 2013 at 16:55 #

Aw, she’s such a pretty young woman (those baby blue eyes!), but she does seem to have trouble getting it right on the RC. As ogre said above, this collection isn’t panning out as well as I expected. The dress makes her look a bit thick in the middle (which she is not!). I’ll also be honest and say I’m not keen on the extent of the sheer portions in the back.

10. Anj February 6, 2013 at 18:50 #

This is a night gown.

11. Yeliz February 6, 2013 at 19:17 #

This gown looks beautiful on the model, but so tacky on Julianne. I don’t like this.

12. Mandy February 6, 2013 at 21:32 #

I have no idea why but i’m getting major deja vu from this look. It looks like she is wearing moth eaten lingerie.