04.02.13

Beyonce Knowles In Rubin Singer – Super Bowl XLVII Halftime Show

Beyonce Knowles In Rubin Singer

Beyonce Knowles rocked the Superdome with an amazing performance of hits old and new, including ‘Crazy in Love’ and ‘Single Ladies’, for Super Bowl XLVII’s halftime show in New Orleans yesterday evening.

Midway through her performance, Bey was joined on stage by her Destiny’s Child bandmates, Michelle Williams and Kelly Rowland, for a performance of their hits, ‘Bootylicious’, ‘Independent Women’ and part of ‘Single Ladies’ before she closed out the show with her song ‘Halo’ to a rocking crowd.

Beyoncé’s costume was designed by Rubin Singer, a designer we have seen worn by her sister, Solange Knowles.

The opening look, set to the hit song ‘Crazy in Love’, consisted of two pieces: a black leather cropped motorcycle jacket with exaggerated shoulders, asymmetrical collar and dramatic ‘winged’ cuffs was paired with a micro-mini asymmetrical wrap skirt.

Beyonce Knowles In Rubin Singer - Superbowl Sunday

After removing the motorcycle jacket and skirt, Beyoncé revealed a black leather bodysuit reminiscent of warrior armour, which featured a flounce skirt with insets of delicate black Chantilly lace.

Bey’s part-masculine, part-feminine look was styled with Proenza Schouler leather boots, black knee-high socks, fingerless leather gloves and nude fishnet tights.

Wild wavy tresses completed her sexy performance look.

Rubin also created the costumes for Michelle Williams, as well as the jackets for Bey’s 120 backup dancers, who styled their look with Pretty Polly’s Secret Sock tights and ankle boots.

19 Comments
Best Dressed Of The Week - Cate Blanchett In Armani Privé & Eddie Redmayne In Tom Ford

Best Dressed Of The Week – Cate Blanchett In Armani Privé & Eddie Redmayne In Tom Ford

Kelly Rowland In Emilio Pucci - Super Bowl XLVII Halftime Show

Kelly Rowland In Emilio Pucci – Super Bowl XLVII Halftime Show

19 Responses to Beyonce Knowles In Rubin Singer – Super Bowl XLVII Halftime Show

1. breezedash February 4, 2013 at 11:59 #

she looks incredible
    and her performance was ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!
    love my queen

2. Ysatis February 4, 2013 at 13:32 #

I don’t get why so many female singers have to wear such revealing outfits. It wasn’t like that 10/15 years ago (the exception being Madonna).

That being said, Beyonce is a very beautiful woman and she has a lovely figure.

• SilentVisitor February 4, 2013 at 15:17 #

I have been asking myself the same question………I guess it is because they have to dance

• adrian February 4, 2013 at 20:22 #

Men never wear outfits like this. They are never exposed. Even the ones that dance. That said – though I was surprised it was all black, it had enough detail and interest to be a show-stopper. She looked fantastic.

• SilentVisitor February 5, 2013 at 02:32 #

I know Adrian….. It was just a guess. You are right that men do not need to be exposed. Well I guess today to be noticed to need to show your “a double snake” somehow

3. Christine February 4, 2013 at 13:56 #

She rocked the house down. She looks good.

4. Jones19 February 4, 2013 at 14:22 #

Loved the performance and she looked great in her outfit.

5. Rebecca Z February 4, 2013 at 16:09 #

Sizzling hot–she looked amazing and her performance was spectacular.

• Rebecca Z February 4, 2013 at 16:11 #

I love the fact that her band (appeared to be)all women. She is a powerful role model.

6. Yeliz February 4, 2013 at 16:32 #

I didn’t like this outfit.

7. Elaine2 February 4, 2013 at 16:50 #

I thought they looked trashy.

8. Zara February 4, 2013 at 17:56 #

I love Beyonce and I love that she isn’t skinny and has a good figure, but I found the costumes too trashy. A few extra inches of clothing would have made a world of a difference.

9. vicky February 4, 2013 at 18:18 #

I didn’t particulary like the performance, she didn’t sing much, just made the same dance moves we’ve seen (a lot of) before and then shouting at the crowds to sing (that’s what you’re there for…)The best part was when the other DC-girls joined her and their microphones where barely switch on!

Outfit wise, nah.

• Joaquin February 12, 2013 at 03:16 #

All the choreographies were new…

10. Haley February 4, 2013 at 18:50 #

I loved it, I thought Kelly looked better, but it was Beyonce’s performance. We were all making jokes last night about how Beyonce was probably the one that shut the power off. But some people didn’t like it, my cousin being one of them. He said he had to send his kids out of the room during half time. But yet, he still lets them play violent video games, hmm..

11. arang February 4, 2013 at 18:59 #

Lovely and talented woman. She looks fierce. But the outfit? Well, the motorcycle jacket was kinda cool, but the whole thing is just vulgar/trashy (imo). And I can’t even get annoyed at Beyonce for it because it seems par for the course for performers nowadays. Doesn’t mean I have to like it though.

12. anemone February 4, 2013 at 19:08 #

She looked utterly ridiculous. The hair, the vulgar moves, the grimacing … role model, really? Why does she always have to be half naked, why does she always have to exagerate? She IS pretty and she DOES have a nice body, but she looks like a cheap drag queen.

13. John Luc February 5, 2013 at 00:25 #

Very disappointed in the outfit and the performance, really a shame, what a wasted opportunity for her.

14. EmmaWoodhouse February 5, 2013 at 01:25 #

Super tacky, imo. This trashy look is desperate and wins no points from me.