Elle Fanning In Chanel – 2013 Critics’ Choice Movie Awards

Elle Fanning In Chanel - 2013 Critics' Choice Movie AwardsElle Fanning is somewhat of a fashion prodigy, and she showed us why at the 2013 Critics’ Choice Movie Awards, hosted last night at Barker Hangar in Santa Monica, California.

This up-and-coming starlet and Best Dressed Teen of 2012 selected head-to-toe Chanel Spring 2013 for her big night, where she was nominated for Best Young Actress in ‘Ginger & Rosa.’

She didn’t win the evening’s trophy, but she continued her style winning streak with the strapless column gown that featured quirky floral appliqués that only she could pull off. Likewise, her crazy and clunky silver platform clogs would normally be a no-go for anyone else, but they worked for her.

Good thing she left the overly dramatic collar choker necklace on the runway, though.

She even had us swooning over her playful pink eyeliner. Of course, her beaming, youthful grin is this girl’s best accoutrement.

Elle always leaves us in awe; we can’t wait to see what she puts on next.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Jessica Chastain In Prada - 2013 Critics' Choice Movie Awards

Jessica Chastain In Prada – 2013 Critics’ Choice Movie Awards

Nina Dobrev In Monique Lhuillier - 2013 Critics' Choice Movie Awards

Nina Dobrev In Monique Lhuillier – 2013 Critics’ Choice Movie Awards

42 Responses to Elle Fanning In Chanel – 2013 Critics’ Choice Movie Awards

1. Alina January 11, 2013 at 07:09 #

Lovely dress, ugly shoes.

2. Ala January 11, 2013 at 07:22 #

This look did not leave me in awe at all, the only thing I like about this look is her hair and makeup and the glow coming from Elle herself. Her “dress” on the other hand looks like an unfortunate looking embroidered towel from the late 80’s. This is bad on so many levels, along with her shoes. I wouldn’t even wear this coming out of the shower to dry :S

• Beta January 11, 2013 at 11:26 #

agree, fug dress and shoes :P

• dee January 11, 2013 at 13:15 #

I totally agree. This is awful.

• gabis January 11, 2013 at 14:31 #

Perfectly said. I couldn’t agree more.

• Milly January 11, 2013 at 15:18 #

Agree!

• nina January 12, 2013 at 15:36 #

Agree completely!

3. Tea January 11, 2013 at 07:30 #

I actually think the dress is missing a dramatic necklace :) These shoes with this dress though? I really think she should have saved those for another outfit. I love her fearlessness though!

4. rita January 11, 2013 at 08:47 #

Why does she always ruin her perfect outfits with the UGLIEST shoes?!

• Foteini P. January 13, 2013 at 13:20 #

5. Noemi (WBiS) January 11, 2013 at 09:12 #

She’s so young so she can try something like this, I mean wear those incredibly ugly shoes. But on anyone else (older) this would look so bad.

6. Yeliz January 11, 2013 at 09:51 #

Not a fan of this. First of all, she is wearing awful shoes AGAIN, and second, the dress looks like a bath towel. The boring hair doesn’t make this look any better.

7. Neli January 11, 2013 at 10:38 #

ugly shoes. Why Elle?

8. sasa January 11, 2013 at 11:10 #

It’s a very cute dress for her. Considering the styling- no necklace, simple hair- she would have done better if she came barefoot rather then in those shoes (which are fun but don’t work here).

9. bm January 11, 2013 at 11:22 #

Minority here, I love her from head to toe. There’s no but from me here.

• ladyoflettuce January 11, 2013 at 23:19 #

Agree. Adventurous and doesn’t take herself too seriously. Great smile to top it off.

10. Anne January 11, 2013 at 12:26 #

I just can’t get on board the Elle Fanning train. Give me Kiernan Shipka over this any day

• CreoleLady January 11, 2013 at 14:14 #

Lol, neither can I, at least not at this stage of her fashion trip.

• jo January 11, 2013 at 14:53 #

+1 I really don’t like both Fanning sisters style, they are always ruining a look with something.

11. Lee January 11, 2013 at 13:00 #

The dress looks like it’s been made out of hessian. Don’t really like the shoes either but overall she pulls it off.

12. Amy January 11, 2013 at 13:24 #

this is awful, Elle only gets a pass because she’s a tween otherwise her last looks have been blah and with questionable shoes’ choice

13. Lisa January 11, 2013 at 13:41 #

She is a beautiful girl but she didn’t get my vote for Best Dressed Teen. I usually hate what she is wearing, and this entire look is no different. If there is a “worst shoe wardrobe”, she would win hands down.

14. robbie January 11, 2013 at 14:05 #

this girl has the worst taste in shoes ever. this dress is nice but really nothing special on her.

15. Jess January 11, 2013 at 14:09 #

the dress is just awful, even Elle can’t get away with it. Looks like some mangy shower curtain from a tacky 80’s motel. Nothing looks luxurious, nor fashion-forward. Don’t even get me started on the ‘shoes’…

16. EmmaWoodhouse January 11, 2013 at 15:15 #

The dress is like a shower curtain. How is this ‘chic’? Also, those shoes are a nightmare. I appreciate that Elle experiments, but this is another miss.

• Aline January 11, 2013 at 19:21 #

“Shower curtain” was my first thought at seeing this as well. It’s just bad.

• Ella January 12, 2013 at 00:22 #

Shower curtain was exactly the word I was going to use. I couldn’t agree with you more!

17. breezedash January 11, 2013 at 17:40 #

ugly shoes, really

18. Leti January 11, 2013 at 18:35 #

Just no. It’s a given that the shoes are ugly, because that seems to be the only kind of shoe that Elle wears. On top of that, the dress like an embroidered burlap sack (although I get the towel references, as well). The runway model is kind of pulling this off, but Elle lacks the sophistication for that.

19. Kathy January 11, 2013 at 18:37 #

Elle’s sense of style frustrates me. She’s very tall for her age and has great potential, but she has yet to really grasp the idea of translating runway clothes into real life. Just because a designer chooses to present a dress a certain way doesn’t mean it’s not flawed or that accessories can’t be modified/added to it. And just because a dress is off the runway, PERIOD, does not automatically mean it’s a flattering or stylish.

20. Anj January 11, 2013 at 18:40 #

She has the most atrocious taste in shoes. It’s one thing to like funky shoes a la Solange Knowles, it’s another to wear 1970s rejects (also applies to her dress-sense the majority of the time).

21. abasss January 11, 2013 at 18:51 #

She is so pretty, but the hair ruins her looks for me. It doens’t look good on her skin and the dark roots are terrible.

22. justme January 11, 2013 at 20:02 #

She looks as happy as ever but I’m not here for this outfit at all.

I think she always goes for clunky platforms because she’s more steady in them considering her age. That’s the only excuse I can come up with.

• Taksi January 12, 2013 at 00:32 #

The shoes are ugly, but I like that she goes with them. It keeps her age-appropriate. I feel like too often these teen actresses end up looking like they could be in their 20s, e.g. Hailee Steinfeld and Chloe Moretz. It’s refreshing to have a young girl be ok with looking like a kid.

Ok done with my old lady moment.

23. cartouche January 11, 2013 at 20:21 #

just because she is cute doesn’t mean she can dress well..

24. Amber January 11, 2013 at 22:35 #

She looks like she’s wearing her grandmother’s 1980s bathsheet and orthopedic dance shoes. Does she choose her own looks or does she need to fire her stylist and find one who isn’t blind?

25. MG January 11, 2013 at 23:07 #

Ugly shoes. but she is so cute and I can never hate anything on her

26. ok January 11, 2013 at 23:18 #

This is hideous head to toe.

Her hair is an atrocious shade of “blonde” and should have been worn up. Her make-up washes her out further. The dress is a TOWEL. A TOWEL. IT IS SO SO SO UGLY. The shoes are revolting–orthopedic witch shoes in silver.

She is an attractive girl, she should stop trying so hard to be a “fashionista” and just try to look good.

27. Carolina January 12, 2013 at 03:44 #

Why is she always wearing those ugly shoes!!! They look like blocks on her feet!

28. Christine January 12, 2013 at 04:30 #

I have to give her props and kudos for always keeping it interesting. She is never predictable. Love that she is having fun with fashion. But there is a time and place. She looks like she is on her way to a beach.

29. Kathryn January 12, 2013 at 04:31 #

This is HIDEOUS! I’ll never understand how she won best dressed teen over Kieran!

30. Joan January 12, 2013 at 16:40 #

I have no idea why she was our best dressed teen 2012!