Emma Watson In Peter Pilotto – 2013 People’s Choice Awards

Emma Watson in Peter Pilotto - 2013 People’s Choice Awards

Emma Watson was all smiles when she collected her ‘Favourite Dramatic Movie Actress’ award at the 2013 People’s Choice Awards held at the Nokia Theatre L.A. Live in California yesterday evening.

Flying the flag for London-based designers, the British actress wore a Peter Pilotto Spring 2013 eclectic print ensemble.

The look features a tri-colour embroidered top with cut-out details and a satin peplum detail, which was styled with a colourful printed skirt which has been shortened from the runway and given a solid-black banded hemline.

I prefer the longer length, but with great legs and youth on her side, she pulls this look off with great panache.

Tabitha Simmons ‘Bailey’ sandals, a half-up, half-down hairstyle, and a red pout completed her look.

WOT519800004BCK_1_large

You can buy Emma’s Tabitha Simmons ‘Bailey’ sandals from Matches Fashion Global and Matches Fashion UK.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Lea Michele In Elie Saab - 2013 People’s Choice Awards

Lea Michele In Elie Saab – 2013 People’s Choice Awards

Sandra Bullock In Vera Wang - 2013 People’s Choice Awards

Sandra Bullock In Vera Wang – 2013 People’s Choice Awards

40 Responses to Emma Watson In Peter Pilotto – 2013 People’s Choice Awards

1. The Very Simon G January 10, 2013 at 09:41 #

Longer length is SO much better! Emma could werk it longer, enough of this slutty length please!!! lol

• Neli January 10, 2013 at 12:49 #

slutty?? OMG! people take that to serious…

2. Neli January 10, 2013 at 09:43 #

Love it! Really nice legs!

3. Els January 10, 2013 at 10:03 #

Slutty? Comments like this just piss me off!

• Fashion Critic January 10, 2013 at 10:07 #

Can we stop the using swear words please

• Maddy January 10, 2013 at 12:17 #

To be fair FC – this was a questioning the (totally unreasonable) first comment.

Emma should have kept the length.

4. CreoleLady January 10, 2013 at 10:04 #

The hair and chop ruin what could have been a stellar look for me. That black band at the bottom cuts into her legs at an extremely unflattering point imo. Love only the shoes.

5. Yeliz January 10, 2013 at 10:08 #

I feel like Emma had worn something like this before, but she does look great. I would love to see the longer version on the red carpet as well.

• Christine January 10, 2013 at 15:06 #

• Natalie January 10, 2013 at 16:16 #

MTV Movie Awards last year, Peter Pilotto dress and near identical shoes. I agree with Alina below she’s in a funk and needs to get out of it!!

• roxy January 10, 2013 at 19:58 #

6. Alina January 10, 2013 at 10:13 #

I don’t know why, but everytime I see her on the RC I have the feeling that she’s always wearing the same dress.

• admmgz January 11, 2013 at 03:58 #

7. Mandy January 10, 2013 at 10:23 #

Prefer the longer version as well, i think the black band looks funny. She’s young though and working it.

8. T from Sydney January 10, 2013 at 10:50 #

prefer the runway version…but i don’t think Emma could of pulled it off.

Hair is horrible and the shoes cut off her legs

9. kane January 10, 2013 at 11:44 #

Totally agree! The longer lenght is not granny, but sophisticated.

• kane January 10, 2013 at 11:53 #

*length

10. Ala January 10, 2013 at 11:58 #

The first thing I thought when I saw this was… oh no, where are her boobs? The cutouts and the style doesn’t leave much room for them, and other than her arms and legs that are shown off with this dress, this is not doing anything for her figure unfortunately. On the plus side, her makeup and hair is fresh and beautiful.

11. Molly January 10, 2013 at 12:19 #

I really like that she does not wear the same things everybody else flocks toward. When seen side-by-side with the runway photo, the longer length wins hands-down, and makes the dress looks much more interesting and sophisticated. But if you look just at Emma, i think the shorter length is appropriate for her age and the event. Looking at the structure of the dress, I’m not sure how they could have shortened it any other way than using the black band at the bottom. (This may be another argument for keeping the longer length….) I like.

• admmgz January 11, 2013 at 04:02 #

• Wong Hiao Hiao January 11, 2013 at 05:27 #

+1!

12. Jess2 January 10, 2013 at 12:22 #

She looks great, I love her shoe choice. While both lengths are good, I actually think a length between the two would have been great. Probably just at the knee and without the black band.

13. Anne January 10, 2013 at 12:39 #

I agree with others who’ve mentioned this is like déjà vu. She seems to always wear these short dresses with mega-prints (most recently another Pilotto, Brood). Great shoe, though.

14. manja January 10, 2013 at 12:45 #

should’ve kept the original designe all the way,much more interesting then this short mini version.not liking her make up,bit too much of it.but looove her shoes,want

15. dee January 10, 2013 at 13:19 #

I don’t like the dress long of short. It’s an ugly dress.

• dee January 10, 2013 at 13:19 #

*or

• JJ January 10, 2013 at 14:44 #

Agree. It’s an ugly dress and she should have kept the length. Not a fan of micro-minis. How does one sit down in that length? LOL I like the shoes though. :)

16. Dolly January 10, 2013 at 13:50 #

I only like it from neck down and waist up, hate the skirt length and the hair is really ruining it for me. I’m bored of Emma’s supposedly ‘edgy’ fashion choices, this just looks cheap

17. gabis January 10, 2013 at 13:52 #

Honestly no length size could possibly make me like this dress. The sandals seem like an extension of the mess that dress is so it gets a no from me as well. I like her hair and makeup though and she does have gorgeous legs.

18. Lisa January 10, 2013 at 14:32 #

My reaction is “meh”. Too short, the longer version would have been more interesting. I think her hair looks like an afterthought.

19. EmmaWoodhouse January 10, 2013 at 15:05 #

I don’t like it short, I don’t like it long. Emma has done these type of edgy prints before, and I’ve liked them, but it is overly busy (especially with the weird cutout top) and doesn’t work for me. I do like her styling, though.

20. Ine January 10, 2013 at 15:09 #

Prefer short version all the way.

21. Anj January 10, 2013 at 16:11 #

This looked good from the side when she walked up to receive her award, but honestly, the whole effect looks like she’s Alice in Wonderland when she took the pill to make herself bigger, ie, it looks like she’s wearing a dress made for a 10 year old.
    I get why she chose it to be short but it loses its effect that way. She should’ve just chose another dress. PS- I love her shoes!

22. clee January 10, 2013 at 19:10 #

disappointed with the hairstyle. it looks like she literally pulled back the top half of her hair and tied it with a rubberband.

23. pipsqueak January 10, 2013 at 19:29 #

I like the short version. Emma looked terrific! She’s just about to use up her leggy-look chits, though. Perhaps still trying to shedding her good-girl, HP franchise image.

24. justme January 10, 2013 at 21:50 #

Either length is fine imo but the peplum detail is totally lost on Emma. And whoever did her hair & makeup ought to be ashamed of themselves right now.

This look gets a no from me.

25. adrian January 10, 2013 at 22:21 #

this was the event to wear a shorter length.

26. TeaAtTwo January 11, 2013 at 00:09 #

I hate what she did to the dress. The runway version is interesting with the skirt being my favourite part of the dress but Emma’s version looks like a knock off. Plus her hair look lame here. Her shoes are fantastic though.

27. Betelgeuze January 11, 2013 at 14:52 #

As much as I like Emma, this looks gets a major no-no from me.

Taking it from head to toe, the lacklustre just-running-around-the-house hairstyle is awful (why does she always seems like she doesn’t know what to do with it being this length? Volume & loose, curly, updo, braids, anythings better than this), the deep fuchsia lip doesn’t work with the youthful vibe of the dress at all, the bodice of the dress is weird enough on its own, even more combined with the too short skirt and the shoes would be pretty with some long, high-slit dress but not with mini as it makes her legs end abruptly.

Plus, I’ve had the unfortunate opportunity of seeing some other shot of her on Facebook regarding the awards, and finding out the the cutouts are actual cutouts, not illusion. Severe TMI case by seeing her underboob edge.

That much damage can be saved only by Elie Saab and loose updo on her next outing.

28. Joan January 12, 2013 at 19:34 #

Hm, I actually prefer the original dress, but I can see understand why she’d feel more comfortable (or like herself) in the shorter length version.