Kylie Minogue In Julien Macdonald – 2012 Royal Variety Performance

Kylie Minogue was one of the many performers at the 2012 Royal Variety Performance held at the Royal Albert Hall in London yesterday evening, which was attended by the Queen of England and Prince Phillip.

The Australian singer/actress, who calls London home, wore a Julien Macdonald Spring 2013 gown.

Has anyone else noticed that Julien is the go-to designer of the moment?

Kylie not only performed but greeted the royal party wearing this sexy gold paillette one-shoulder gown with illusion panels and a risqué thigh-high slit.

I love the updo; Kylie never seems to do much with her hair, so I love the change in style on this occasion.

Dazzling earrings and gold Giuseppe Zanotti platforms ensured the pint-sized princess of pop stood out on a star-studded night.

Credit: Style.com & FameFlynet

Bradley Cooper In Gucci - ‘Silver Linings Playbook’ LA Screening

Bradley Cooper In Gucci – ‘Silver Linings Playbook’ LA Screening

Kristen Stewart In Antonio Berardi - Conan

Kristen Stewart In Antonio Berardi – Conan

15 Responses to Kylie Minogue In Julien Macdonald – 2012 Royal Variety Performance

1. Leo November 20, 2012 at 12:41 #

This actually reminds me of one of the looks Julien Macdonald created for her On a Night Like This Tour back in 2000. The “Physical” dress. Memories.

I’m loving that Julien became a go to designer because he was hot for some time and then not so much and he is such a great designer for performers and red carpet divas. Love this.

2. Molly November 20, 2012 at 13:08 #

I think she kills in this, and I’m not sure I’ve ever really liked a Kylie look before. (I know, heresy, but she really doesn’t do it for me for some reason.) I think maybe the updo helps her look a little more classy, and this is a dress that could veer into tacky territory very easily.

Does it seem like there is an awful lot of skin waiting to greet the queen? Just seems funny.

3. nsb November 20, 2012 at 13:14 #

For minute when I was scrolling down quickly I thought that was Katherine Heigl! But wow she can definitely carry off that dress!!

4. FeministModel November 20, 2012 at 13:51 #

In those pictures, I mostly see the face of the briefs-clothed dancers… They totally look embarassed,and they even place their hands strategically! It’s surely rare to meet the Queen when you’re almost in your birth suit, hehehe!

5. Christine November 20, 2012 at 14:25 #

Some might say tacky but I say hot damn! She looks great. Better than the same old tired Dolce and Gabbana dresses anyday.

6. robbie November 20, 2012 at 15:02 #

the dress is nice, although it is a tad tacky but then again this is a julien macdonald dress. her shoes are actually giuzeppe zanotti, i found a picture of the slingback version.

• robbie November 20, 2012 at 15:03 #

darn it, after i posted that comment i found out the style name is “jake”.

• Fashion Critic November 20, 2012 at 15:23 #

thanks

7. Nat39 November 20, 2012 at 19:19 #

I think it’s totally cheesy-sleazy, I can’t give it a pass as a good daring sexy performance look.

8. Tiffany November 20, 2012 at 20:08 #

Kylie looks great.

9. Yeliz November 20, 2012 at 22:35 #

Not bad, but I don’t love it.

10. EmmaWoodhouse November 21, 2012 at 15:25 #

This dress is really tacky and kind of trashy. And in FRONT OF THE QUEEN????????? SERIOUSLY???
    I love Kylie’s hair here though.

• Saree November 22, 2012 at 10:51 #

ugh it’s the queen! if the old woman can’t move onto the 21century then she needs to go away.

its a performance dress, we’ve seen tackier from beyonce, gaga, Katy and many Others. i swear people hate on kylie at any given opportunity. she is a performer afterall.

• EmmaWoodhouse November 25, 2012 at 03:01 #

I am not really into Kylie’s music at all, but I certainly don’t hate her–I just look at her from a purely fashion perspective. Had any of the performers you mentioned above worn this to see the Queen, I would have said that it was inappropriate as well. If they had worn it to the Grammys, I still would have said it was a tacky dress. That is my opinion of the design and is not specific to Kylie. I have no personal feelings against her, as I said. As for being in front of the Queen, I am sensitive to etiquette and social norms. I have great respect for her and her position and just don’t see a flashy gown like this one as a proper choice. Others might disagree, and that’s fine. I know that this is a long reply but I kind of resented your comment that I was one of those “people who hate on Kylie at any given opportunity.”

11. Kaz November 25, 2012 at 03:20 #

I think she looks great here – and very statuesque!