Jennifer Lawrence In Christian Dior – ‘Silver Linings Playbook’ LA Screening

Jennifer Lawrence attended a special screening of her latest movie, ‘Silver Linings Playbook’, held at the AMPAS Samuel Goldwyn Theater in Beverly Hills, California yesterday evening.

The young actress wore another look from the Christian Dior Spring 2013 collection. Quelle surprise.

She wore a black satin a-line jacket as a dress, which was accented with a gold waistband.

I don’t hate this look like the previous one. The overall look is more chic and less Housewives of Orange County, but I’m still bored.

Bored by the predictability and the lack of colour, save for her Pomellato ‘M’ama Non M’ama’ red tourmaline rose-gold earrings and the pink heel of her Dior pumps.

Nude lips, kohl-rimmed eyes, a Roger Vivier ‘Paint Box’ clutch and a simple bun completed her look.

Are you already bored of Jennifer as the face of Dior, or do you like her new style?

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Priyanka Chopra In Rachel Gilbert - 'Mary Kom' Music Launch

Priyanka Chopra In Rachel Gilbert – ‘Mary Kom’ Music Launch

Bradley Cooper In Gucci - ‘Silver Linings Playbook’ LA Screening

Bradley Cooper In Gucci – ‘Silver Linings Playbook’ LA Screening

32 Responses to Jennifer Lawrence In Christian Dior – ‘Silver Linings Playbook’ LA Screening

1. Lalitha November 20, 2012 at 11:47 #

Not a fan of the outfit but she is so pretty! Dark hair suits her.

2. laura November 20, 2012 at 12:26 #

She is defintely sexier now. But It’s too black for me, even if she looks radiant !

3. Angela R. November 20, 2012 at 12:42 #

I do not know why but even if Jennifer is extremely beautiful and charming, she has not the potencial for being a DIOR woman, something that I think should flow, like in Marion Cotillard case. I could not give a reasonable argument, but it is more a feeling…

4. Maz November 20, 2012 at 12:47 #

She’s just too young for these looks! Who wants to dress like that at the age of what? 22? Just thinking back to her slinky, simple red dress at the Oscars 2011 then looking at this a year and a half later makes me want cry in outrage for her!

• Hermoine November 20, 2012 at 13:15 #

• Mandy November 20, 2012 at 13:29 #

Agree! I wonder if she’s wearing these looks to seem more mature, there was some talk that she was too young to play the lead in this film.

5. Hilary November 20, 2012 at 13:12 #

This is far better than her previous look, but I still don’t understand why does she wear these kind of dresses, which are more suitable for older women ? Like she could wear a Dior dress while the dress still being fun, young and definitely her age; something similar to KStew’s yellow dress at that BD2 Madrid premiere

• admmgz November 20, 2012 at 14:23 #

6. Emmeline November 20, 2012 at 13:25 #

This is much better than her look from last week, but I’m still not terribly excited by it. I much preferred the Alexander Wang looks that she wore on Sunday and Leno last night, respectively. I think those were much better suited to her.

I read last week that she switched stylists and is now working with Rachel Zoe. I hope Rachel starts to lay off the black Dior soon and get back to Jennifer’s youthful side.

7. Betelgeuze November 20, 2012 at 13:33 #

Whew, much better than the last time.
    I can see the pattern, with Silver Linings Playbook being a dark themed film and all, but there must be a time and promo tour outings limit for all black looks, no? I’m just dying for a fresh breath of air when this promo ends and she’ll hopefully wear something cute and youthful.

8. Evly November 20, 2012 at 13:46 #

Hopefully Her stylist is trying to pull off the sexy, edgy grown up look just for the promo tour of “silver linings playbook”.
    And she’ll be back to colorful, playful and young in a heart beat.
    She should be trying to emulate Emma Stone not Sharon Stone !!

• Fashion Critic November 20, 2012 at 14:01 #

“She should be trying to emulate Emma Stone not Sharon Stone !!” WORD

• Jess2 November 20, 2012 at 16:30 #

Amen to that!

• June November 20, 2012 at 20:52 #

I read somewhere that JenLaw changed her stylist to Rachel Zoe! If it’s true, then she’s responsible for all the recent aging looks =(

9. Christine November 20, 2012 at 14:27 #

I miss her previous fun and sexy red carpet looks. Like for her promo tour of the Hunger Games. OMG! I miss that. I am waiting patiently for her big DIOR RC moment but so far….this is safe. Ok but Safe.

10. Amy November 20, 2012 at 14:37 #

I might be the only one but I like this look. Has the dress been long it would have been too mature but here the skirt is short and flare which gives it a playful vibe. She looks nice

11. CreoleLady November 20, 2012 at 14:40 #

Maybe the “face” is not the problem, it’s Dior. I have been either bored out of my skull or disappointed nine times out of ten with Marion Cotillard in Dior. Now I’m starting to feel the same with Jennifer with the added bonus of feeling that she is aging before her time.

• Aline November 20, 2012 at 21:29 #

12. Beta November 20, 2012 at 15:27 #

I do like the outfit, though she doesn’t really quite sell it to me. I prefer her as a blonde, this hair colour, I dont know, im not loving it. Although im glad we dont get those awful bangs here.

13. LizLemoooon November 20, 2012 at 16:20 #

MUCH improved from the last few outings. Love the way the hairstyling and make up show off her face and the fit of this dress is nice BUT as usual, you’re right FC, it’s boring. I don’t know why she keeps going for the most basic looks in the collection. Her stylist needs to at least start giving her more interesting accessories then.

14. Jess2 November 20, 2012 at 16:35 #

I think she is looking a bit older than she actually is and not in a good way. I really don’t like her recent style but this is far better than the previous look. I miss her old style, bring on the second Hunger Games premieres so she can wow us again! I’m not loving this Jennifer + Dior combo.

15. gabis November 20, 2012 at 17:05 #

On the runway model it looks chic and gorgeous. On Jennifer it’s aging and painfully unflattering. And her heels look so ugly and careless they ruin her pumps.

16. lisam November 20, 2012 at 17:22 #

i heard rachel zoe is her new stylist and it saddens me to think that rachel is the one putting her in these bad outfits

17. Fumi November 20, 2012 at 17:57 #

This is much better than the last look, but not by much. Who is her sylist now? Did she fire the old one just because of the Dior contract? If so, there needs to be another change before awards season starts or else she’ll lose the Oscar because of it.

18. LeeAnn November 20, 2012 at 18:15 #

It just doesn’t work.

• Yeliz November 20, 2012 at 22:31 #

Yes. I don’t think that she’s a Dior girl.

19. J November 20, 2012 at 20:27 #

I think her hair color is really pulling down all her looks. She needs to be a blonde!

20. Carla November 21, 2012 at 01:39 #

Really, how in the world do women walk in heels that high that are that ill-fitted? In the close-up you can see that the shoes are several sizes too big.

21. GGG November 21, 2012 at 05:28 #

She’s quite beautiful but has more of the “girl next door” kind of face… I don’t think she’s got an edgy or glamourous enough look to pull these pieces off. I admire her for trying something new, though!

22. Rebecca Z November 21, 2012 at 05:41 #

The dress is ok but nothing special. I am not loving this hair color on her either. But look at that photo of her with Bradley Cooper–two pairs of spectacular blue eyes!

23. Camille November 21, 2012 at 14:23 #

She’s too young to look this old. She’s also too short waisted to pull off this type of look successfully. She’s so gorgeous and has such a great figure. Wish she’d wear something ‘younger’ that would accentuate her feminine curves.

24. EmmaWoodhouse November 21, 2012 at 15:08 #

Don’t like the plunging neckline or the short kimono-bathrobe feel. It’s far from the worst look in the world but she can do much better.