11.10.12

Princess Charlene of Monaco In Gucci – 2012 Ballo del Giglio

Princess Charlene of Monaco and her husband Prince Albert of Monaco attended the 2012 Ballo del Giglio in Florence, Italy, yesterday evening.

Both dressed in black and Princess Charlene wore a Gucci Fall 2012 gown.

Her black silk georgette pleated halter gown with an open back and cascading ruffles was styled with an emerald floral embroidered belt and a black beaded Gucci clutch.

The beautiful princess opted for smoky eyes, pink lips and, surprisingly, no jewelry.

Her look was complete with her blonde cropped hair swept back off her face.

Credit: Getty

Helena Bonham Carter In Marc Jacobs - 'Frankenweenie 3D' London Film Festival Premiere

Helena Bonham Carter In Marc Jacobs – ‘Frankenweenie 3D’ London Film Festival Premiere

Antonia Campbell-Hughes In Alberta Ferretti - 'Frankenweenie 3D' London Film Festival Premiere

Antonia Campbell-Hughes In Alberta Ferretti – ‘Frankenweenie 3D’ London Film Festival Premiere

21 Responses to Princess Charlene of Monaco In Gucci – 2012 Ballo del Giglio

1. Noemi October 11, 2012 at 11:24 #

She looks great, the dress is beautiful, but she often looks sad.

• kiwi October 11, 2012 at 11:52 #

Agree.. interesting.. she is very attractive and better dressed, has more poise than the Duchess but I love that Catherine is always smiling and looking genuinely happy and in love with her Prince

• Ines October 11, 2012 at 12:52 #

Charlene smile, she is happy and genuine and incredibly warm. I was lucky enough to meet her as a volunteer at the Olympics and she was by far with princess Mette Merit my favorite one. The Duchess of Cambridge has no conversation, substance, whatsoever. She repeat the same thing over and over again to everyone.
        You want to see Charlene smile? Look at her while she is interacting with children, in China, in South Africa and in all the terrific places she went to promote the Olympics and her foundation. She has done countless engagement where she truly shines.

She and Prince Albert suffers from terrible press and each interview is worse than the others. The press are very rough with them but they are still together and happy. You should have seen them at the Olympics, in their elements, their mutual passion. They were awesome and I am so glad I got to witness that!

2. Ahot October 11, 2012 at 12:28 #

Love it! Especially how she embrasses her broad shoulders instead of trying to hide them. & she almost never wear jewellery, & i must say that i loove her simplicity always.

3. Ines October 11, 2012 at 12:53 #

I will add that personality wise, at least with people, she was very similar to Michelle Obama, who I met too and I am sure she will get more confortable in her role, I doubt she will be very press-friendly tho with all the stories they make up.

4. Hannah October 11, 2012 at 12:59 #

I adore this look. I love the belt, I love teh amount and placement of the ruffles, I love the impact of the colour. I feel like it needed to be all black with smoky eyes to make it work or it would have been overly fussy. I really think that this dserves a BDOTW spot.

5. dee October 11, 2012 at 13:37 #

I think she looks stunning. Love it.

• mm October 11, 2012 at 14:43 #

I so agree

6. robbie October 11, 2012 at 14:02 #

did anyone think this was charlize theron at first? she looks beautiful.

• Hannah October 11, 2012 at 14:40 #

I always think that she is Charlize Theron for the first second or two of seeing her photos, they are both so beautiful, elegant and statuesque.

• Christine October 11, 2012 at 16:48 #

The resemblance is there. I like the dress. A bit on the boring side but she looks pretty. Her best look to date.

• dee October 12, 2012 at 14:50 #

Yes I had the same thought. They do favor each other.

7. Nat October 11, 2012 at 15:04 #

The dress is ok but boring; however I love her eye makeup!

8. Amy October 11, 2012 at 15:09 #

She look amazing, that woman is just beautiful

• Yeliz October 11, 2012 at 21:02 #

9. Sara October 11, 2012 at 15:43 #

I believe this is my favorite look of Princess Charlene. I love everything about it :)

10. Katie October 11, 2012 at 15:47 #

She is the epitome of class always, but she looks so so sad behind her eyes

11. Nat39 October 11, 2012 at 19:03 #

Flawless, BDOTW worthy and my fav. look this week so far.

12. EmmaWoodhouse October 11, 2012 at 23:19 #

Elegant, pretty, actually lovely gown but it falls a bit flat. I feel like the Duchess puts her in the shade when it comes to presence and fashion (despite those infernal pumps!)

• Molly October 12, 2012 at 23:16 #

Kate only puts Charlene in the shade because the cameras focus on her as where Charlene is far more elegant and reserved.
      I adore this gown and it looks fabulous on Charlene. I wish I looked good with short hair because shes is giving me some major hair envy!

13. Lee October 12, 2012 at 10:52 #

I think she looks gorgeous. Love the belt. I’d consider her for BDOTW.