20.09.12

Cobie Smulders In Temperley London – CBS 2012 Fall Premiere Party

Cobie Smulders attended the CBS Fall 2012 Premiere Party held at the Greystone Manor Supperclub in West Hollywood, California, on Tuesday evening.

The actress wore a Temperley London ‘Aspen’ pencil dress.

Her rich-textured jacquard dress inspired by Renaissance tapestries has sleek lines and a long lean silhouette, with a pleated detail on the shoulders.

I love the pop of colour via her bright red lips, but I’m baffled by the pumps.

On closer inspection, Cobie’s Jimmy Choo ‘Cosmic’ platform pumps are actually eggplant and not black, but I still would’ve preferred a colour pop or a metallic strappy sandal.

A simple bun completed her look.

Which type of shoe would you have liked to have seen Cobie wearing with this dress?

Credit: Getty

Gucci Spring 2013

Gucci Spring 2013

Miranda Kerr's Étoile Isabel Marant Zot Printed T-Shirt And Isabel Marant Barte Striped Knitted Cardigan

Miranda Kerr’s Étoile Isabel Marant Zot Printed T-Shirt And Isabel Marant Barte Striped Knitted Cardigan

23 Responses to Cobie Smulders In Temperley London – CBS 2012 Fall Premiere Party

1. Andrea September 20, 2012 at 12:37 #

I think she is stunning! What a gorgeous dress, and perfect hair and makeup.

I actually do not mind the shoes at all, I thing they balance the whole outfit and styling very well. Keep them on, Cobie :)

• Marta September 20, 2012 at 14:24 #

I agree, Cobie is a living perfection :-) And her eyes, I think I’m having a little girl crush;)

• Reg September 20, 2012 at 16:30 #

Agreed! she looks amazing with a capital A. loving the shoes.

2. robbie September 20, 2012 at 12:40 #

dont like a single thing about this look especially from the neck up.

3. Leto66 September 20, 2012 at 13:00 #

Beautiful face, good make up and hair, but terrible shoes. And I think I miss a belt or a statement necklace – something to make the dress a bit mere colourful…

4. Yeliz September 20, 2012 at 13:06 #

If she had to wear pumps, then I would have preferred red pumps to complement her red lips. The dress, however, looks amazing on her.

5. Alina September 20, 2012 at 13:18 #

Strappy sandals !!!

6. EmmaWoodhouse September 20, 2012 at 13:31 #

Great from the ankles down. Those pumps are like lead.

7. andrea September 20, 2012 at 13:52 #

Jimmy Choo lance strappy sandals in gold snakeskin would be perfect!

8. noo September 20, 2012 at 14:04 #

frankly i’m not crazy about the dress itself but it works on her, and i love her from the neck up :D

9. Noemi September 20, 2012 at 14:05 #

I think these shoes would be a good alternative to her black pumps. I like black pumps, anyway, but they’re not the best choice for every outfits, most of all when you can get all the shoes of the world.
    Charlotte Olympia Serena platform sandals: http://www.net-a-porter.com/product/314043 and Minerva lace ankle boots:
    They’re both white and I know you hate white shoes, so here’s my third choice, I saw them in a store and I think they’re sooo cute Marni two tone suede sandals: http://www.net-a-porter.com/product/323204

• Rash September 21, 2012 at 06:26 #

Oh, love those Minerva lace ankle boots ! wud have been perfect !

She looks stunning nevertheless !

• Noemi September 21, 2012 at 17:20 #

Yes, she does! I would like to see those shoes on a red carpet soon and in my closet, too :-)

10. Christine September 20, 2012 at 14:11 #

I would paired the dress with a red shoe to match her red lipstick. Love the pop of color from her red lippie too.

11. Wafa September 20, 2012 at 15:53 #

stunning, really?! She is a beautiful lady and this look is bringing her beauty down like ten inches, the make up is horrrrrible, and the dress and the shoes, it’s just all making her look really bad, she could look ten times better than that with just a simple little black dress, cute curls, nude pumps and a very light refreshing makeup, I don’t get this!

12. Rebecca Z September 20, 2012 at 17:15 #

I like the dress and think she succeeded in going for a sophisticated look. I agree the shoes are a downer–would have preferred a lighter sandal, and I like the idea of adding a belt.

13. Nat39 September 20, 2012 at 17:21 #

Def. a metallic/embellished strappy sandal would be a better choice – it would complement the dress while the bright red lip provides a pop of colour, no need for another colour pop via shoes.

14. Marybeth September 20, 2012 at 17:42 #

I do not like this. The dress, given its color and texture, would look better with an understated “natural” look.
    Nothing fits together here. The bright lipstick, which might have looked great with a different outfit, appears garish and discordant. The clunky dark heels are a disaster.

15. CreoleLady September 20, 2012 at 19:42 #

The dress color doesn’t work on her for me. Don’t really like the texture either. Maybe the flash flattens and washes everything out a bit. Would have given the look the benefit of the doubt but then my eyes dropped to the shoes. This look is a miss for me. She looks good despite, not because of, what she is wearing imo.

16. Tati M September 20, 2012 at 21:58 #

I would like to see her wearing the Esteban Cortazar Metal Ankle-Cuff Leather Sandals shown in the right side of the site

• dee September 21, 2012 at 19:50 #

Those shoes would be hot with this dress. I agree.

17. Laura September 21, 2012 at 00:35 #

A very ageing look from the cakey make up, to the unflattering dress and clumpy shoes.

18. Jones19 September 21, 2012 at 23:42 #

She’s really smoldering isn’t she? Love the come hither look.