04.09.12

Kristen Stewart For Vogue UK October 2012

With ‘Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn – Part 2’ due to hit cinemas on November 16, Kristen Stewart graces the cover of Vogue UK’s October 2012 issue wearing a Gucci ruffled floral-print silk wrap dress from the Fall 2012 collection.

The editorial shot by Mario Testino also sees the actress wearing a look from the Balenciaga, which is not surprising considering she is the face of the brand’s newest fragrance.

Kristen talks to Vogue about everything from going blonde for her new role to struggling to play it cool.

The October 2012 issue of Vogue UK featuring Kristen is due to go on sale Monday. Below are some extracts to whet your appetite.

On going blonde for her sexy new role in ‘On The Road’: “I feel like my whole body rejects it, but it was really important for the character. It was like learning an accent!”

On how she struggles to play it cool: “I know if you haven’t thought about how you want to present a very packaged idea of yourself then it can seem like you lack ambition. But, dude, honestly? I can’t. People expect it to be easy because there you are, out there, doing the thing that you want and making lots of money out of it. But, you know, I’m not that smooth. I can get clumsy around certain people. Like if I were to sit down and think, ‘OK, I’m really famous, how am I going to conduct myself in public?’ I wouldn’t know who that person would be! It would be a lot easier if I could, but I can’t.”

On her empathy for the Beat generation: “There is always going to be that seam of people who want things differently to the standardised version. It’s not necessarily a rebellious thing, it’s just who they are. That world back then, it just seems freer to me than anything I could ever touch and I’m fully nostalgic for it, even though I wasn’t even alive then. It’s the loyalty aspect of it all. I love being on the periphery with a group of people who have the same values that I do. People who don’t get off on fame, who just like the process of making movies and thrive.”

Credit: Vogue UK

Katie Holmes In Marchesa - 2014 Met Gala

Katie Holmes In Marchesa – 2014 Met Gala

Kristen Stewart In Zuhair Murad Couture - 'On The Road' Toronto Film Festival Premiere

Kristen Stewart In Zuhair Murad Couture – ‘On The Road’ Toronto Film Festival Premiere

46 Responses to Kristen Stewart For Vogue UK October 2012

1. Leska September 4, 2012 at 14:08 #

This interview was made before the cheating scandal!!! So nothing new here….

2. Alina September 4, 2012 at 14:10 #

I don’t like her makeup on the cover. Makes her look sick!

• bas September 4, 2012 at 14:19 #

Totally agree.

• Sam September 5, 2012 at 09:45 #

I totally agree. Could not be worse.

• Marta September 6, 2012 at 01:47 #

Eyeshadow is awful!

3. Christine September 4, 2012 at 14:15 #

Not her best cover.

• AJ September 4, 2012 at 18:30 #

You must admit that she´s not a beautiful woman I don´t think she´s ugly I think she´s one of the thousand of girls who aren´t ugly and aren´t beautiful and if you think she´s sexy that´s why she is rich so she can waste her money on her makeup, spa, clothes and so on

• Noemi September 4, 2012 at 21:56 #

I agree with you about the fact that’s she’s not beautiful and she’s not ugly. That’s why lots of young girls love her, because she’s “affordable”, I mean she’s not an impossible beauty, like Megan Fox, for example.

4. CTgirl September 4, 2012 at 14:50 #

I’ve come to the conclusion that this young woman repels styling and style. Between the stringy hair, dead eyes and always looking less than fresh it’s just a lost fashion cause.

• Fiona-Brasil September 4, 2012 at 16:56 #

+ 1

5. LizLemoooon September 4, 2012 at 15:01 #

She is a such a joke.
    ‘Fashion icon’ that doesn’t like fashion or clothes except when she’s forced into them.
    ‘Hollywood Rebel’ yet always on the cover of major magazines with a huge perfume campaign.
    She can’t act and she doesn’t seem like a very nice person.
    The styling for this is just.awful, her expression is dead, the make up and hair is horrible…what is the point?
    I’d rather see Jennifer Lawrence on the cover tbh. I hope she gets one next year.

• zineb September 4, 2012 at 15:53 #

• catdog September 4, 2012 at 20:56 #

You said it all!

• Ade September 4, 2012 at 16:08 #

I totally agree with you. Let’s try and ignore that her interviews comes off as the insane ramblings of a drunken fool, everything she claims she is, she totally isn’t. Jennifer Lawrence on the other hand is just perfection. She makes no fuss and tries not to remind us at every given moment of how she’s a special snowflake.

• Noemi September 4, 2012 at 16:38 #

I agree with you, most of all about “she can’t act”, but her parents are in the film business, that’s why she is, and then she got the role of Bella and became one of the most payed actresses of the world, which is insane. I don’t mind if she’s a nice person or not but when I see her got interviewed or on a red carpet looking so bored or bothered I think that maybe she should work for real, like “normal” people, instead of looking like she’s going to be tortured for doing something that she wants to do!

• Gianni September 4, 2012 at 22:07 #

You took the words right out of my mouth. Could’nt say it anymore myself.

• Niki September 6, 2012 at 15:24 #

Harsh much? You do realise she would have very little to do with the clothing, hair and make-up selected for the shoot? Also, go watch Into The Wild, The Runaways and Speak and then comeback and try and say she can’t act. The eye make-up and hair on the cover aren’t great, but there is no reason to be so harsh.

6. mimmi September 4, 2012 at 15:24 #

I’m a little bit surprised that a major magazine like vouge that isn’t a tabloid wants to have her on the cover after the big cheating scandal. However, I do feel like the make-up is a bit overwhelming for her and makes her look clown-ish or like a young girl playing dress up.

7. bm September 4, 2012 at 15:30 #

Aren’t that all Twilight fans hate her coz she cheating from their Edward?
    So, I wonder who will buy the magz if not the Twilight fans, right?

8. Beta September 4, 2012 at 16:17 #

mmm Kristen, cant you Wash. Your. Hair. for a Vogue cover???!

9. karina September 4, 2012 at 16:47 #

I like the cover and the other image. I think she looks pretty. Plus, in my opinion, the bold colors and contrasting make up make the shots look more artsy.

• admmgz September 4, 2012 at 21:26 #

+1 I personally like the contrast

10. Daria September 4, 2012 at 17:00 #

Uh. She’s a natural blond though. What exactly is her body rejecting, again?

11. lifeisdolce September 4, 2012 at 17:29 #

i feel like vogue is trying not to lose her ‘identity’ by giving her that make-up and ratty hair as usual, but jesus christ if she wants to stay on magazine covers, stylists need to try and make her look better than her usually gross self. everyone’s trying to push the dishevelled look but of all the hundreds of rc’s she’s walked and the hundred or so magazines she’s covered, she’s only looked good two or three times.

12. AJ September 4, 2012 at 18:19 #

I don´t like this cover because kristen looks older.

13. Aparajita September 4, 2012 at 18:29 #

Not worthy of a Vogue cover

14. Ryan September 4, 2012 at 20:48 #

She looks gorgeous! What’s with the bogus commentary, she didn’t cheat on you. Women treat other women like sh@t for no reason. Disgusting!

• Lex September 5, 2012 at 09:06 #

+1,000000.
      Unbelievable.

• rahel September 6, 2012 at 14:26 #

I have seen a lot of people being really hurt by cheaters. There is a reason why I or others can’t stand cheaters.

• Fashion Critic September 6, 2012 at 14:36 #

can we focus on fashion here please. the scandal is not relevant here.

15. admmgz September 4, 2012 at 21:25 #

There’s always drama on a Kristen post…

16. Dhppy September 4, 2012 at 21:43 #

I think she’s never looked better. The bold colors look fantastic. And think they’re going for the vampire inspired look with the blood red lips on the pale skin.

17. Kin September 4, 2012 at 23:28 #

way to trashy stylinf for Vogue, Kristen never excited m and now Vogue doesn’t either. Why waste a cover over someone who’s cover face clearly says, “I don’t give a damn about fashion.” So yawn-worthy

18. Kathy September 4, 2012 at 23:38 #

Is it painful for this girl to smile in front of a camera or something? She always looks so deadbeat, even WHEN she smiles, as if she’s not quite awake or something. Magazine covers are just wasted on her IMO. The clothes do nothing for her when she has that expression and just-rolled-out-of-bed hair. And don’t even get me started on naming her the face of a Balenciage frgrance…

• Francesca September 5, 2012 at 09:17 #

19. Lol September 4, 2012 at 23:43 #

Why does everyone love to hate this girl? Go to Perez Hilton .com if you want to wax lyrical about a “cheating scandal”.

Now, about this cover: I actually think Kristen can be quite a good model, but I don’t feel that Vogue’s stylists have done her justice in this shoot.

• manda September 5, 2012 at 06:12 #

100% agreed. Listen if I wanted trashy gossip and disgusting internalized misogyny I would go to a trashy website, however since redcarpet-fashionawards isn’t one of the websites I would appreciate it if the rest of you would keep your appalling comments to yourself. You’re right Lol she’s easy to hate because she doesn’t ‘fit the mold’ and she makes mistakes just like any other human being does, what a lovely message to send our younger generations. However lets focus on the fashion considering this is a fashion site, I don’t mind the cover really I like what’s she’s wearing would have prefered an updo maybe but yes the second picture isn’t good, do not know what the makeup artist was thinking. She’s wearing so much colour and patterns they should have left her face clean.

• Sara September 5, 2012 at 19:33 #

+10000000

20. Jones19 September 5, 2012 at 00:22 #

Is she physically unable to shut her mouth?

• Noemi September 5, 2012 at 13:12 #

LOL, your comments is really funny!

21. lily September 5, 2012 at 10:57 #

she has absolutely nothing to do with her make up or clothes or her hair. she has maybe tons of artist does that. your comment is absurd.

22. EmmaWoodhouse September 5, 2012 at 14:27 #

I have a lot of pity for her right now. I’m not a fan of hers, but I think that she is a beautiful girl who is struggling a lot. The cover is eye-catching but not her best. I wish that they would style her differently–the greasy hair, edgy clothes game has been played too often. A more sophisticated or softer look would be nice to see.

23. Lalitha September 5, 2012 at 14:53 #

Bad make-up and a poor choice for a

24. Susan September 5, 2012 at 15:40 #

I love Kristen Stewart so I am always interested in her fashion shoots. I like this one, it’s pretty. I can’t wait to buy the magazine.

25. Giuliana September 5, 2012 at 21:04 #

I personally think that if she wants to complain so much about being famous and all that she should keep a much lower profile and not shoot magazine covers or cosmetic campaigns and such.

The way she acts vs. what she says comes across as hypocritical. Since she’s getting paid large amounts of money to be in that cover as well as movie premieres, liking it or not, the least she could do is make more of an effort.

26. Terri September 6, 2012 at 03:29 #

Kristen Stewart is the most beautiful woman in the world. Whether in glam gracing the cover of a fashion magazine or in frayed shorts. The face, the flashing green eyes; she has it all. She is the most brilliant and talented; the most beautiful woman of our century. Most people don’t understand the everyday life of someone like her and are ready to criticize because they don’t get it.