Princess Beatrice attended the Britain Creates 2012: Fashion & Art Collusion VIP Gala, held at the Old Selfridges Hotel in London this evening.

My favourite royal wore a dress from one of my favourite designers; Roksanda Ilincic.

I love how her elegant blush wool-crepe long-sleeve dress has contrasting royal-blue (pun intended) ruffled cuffs.

She opted for blue patterned Nicholas Kirkwood platform heels and added a pop of pink via her Anya Hindmarch glitter clutch to complete her head-to-toe look of British-based designers.

Now if only Beatrice could introduce Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge to Nicholas Kirkwood shoes, I would be eternally grateful.

Shop Princess Beatrice’s look.

Roksanda Ilincic Izumi contrast cuff dress
Net-A-Porter.com, farfetch.com, Matches Fashion, Browns Fashion and Selfridges

Anya Hindmarch Marano glitter clutch
Net-A-Porter.com (in gold), Shopbop.com (in black) and Selfridges (in black)
Credit: Style.com & Getty

Nieves Alvarez In Emilio Pucci - Vogue & Mario Testino December Issue Launch Event

Nieves Alvarez In Emilio Pucci – Vogue & Mario Testino December Issue Launch Event

Mischa Barton In Luisa Beccaria - The Serpentine Gallery Summer Party

Mischa Barton In Luisa Beccaria – The Serpentine Gallery Summer Party

25 Responses to Princess Beatrice In Roksanda Ilincic – Britain Creates 2012: Fashion & Art Collusion VIP Gala

1. Dolly June 27, 2012 at 22:26 #

One of the best outfits I have ever seen her in, she looks lovely and the blue cuffs add a lovely contrast to her hair. Love the slightly messy do as well

• Leeann June 27, 2012 at 22:41 #

This is the first time that I have ever thought she looks good- in the past she has murdered the likes of Erdem or dresses far too old. I would long to see Kate in this

• roxy June 27, 2012 at 22:49 #

2. Christine June 27, 2012 at 22:34 #

She looks good. Glad she is not one note!

3. Tatiana June 27, 2012 at 22:36 #

She is by far the most stylish british royal. She is edgy and at the same time appropiate.

4. chryssa June 27, 2012 at 22:42 #

just an adorable look!so elegant!

5. Kyriaki-Cyprus June 27, 2012 at 22:49 #

She looks really nice! The red sandals, however, from the lookbook, are way better with the dress.

6. Emi June 27, 2012 at 22:52 #

What a lovely look, the dress is so cute and fits her so well. Great accessories.

7. Rebecca Z June 27, 2012 at 22:58 #

Great dress and I love the shoes. She looks lovely.

8. Parvati June 27, 2012 at 23:06 #

This is probably one of the very few times I like what Princess Beatrice is wearing. I love the dress and how the shoes match the ruffles at the sleeves.

9. Odette June 27, 2012 at 23:25 #

You are not alone FC- I have a soft spot for P. Bea too!

Especially when she makes efforts to be fashionable; I say fashionable because Roksanda Ilincic and Nicholas Kirkwood are very fashiony and cutting-edge designers whereas Kate’s Erdem and Jenny Packham are high fashion, but are STYLISH- not fashionable if you get what I am saying.

10. Jones19 June 27, 2012 at 23:56 #

This dress is so chic, this is one of her best looks to date.

11. Yeliz June 28, 2012 at 00:08 #

She looks totally amazing. I love the fit of the dress on her and I also think that this is one of her best looks.

12. Mol June 28, 2012 at 01:50 #

She looks wonderful, she has a charming way about her that always draws me in.

13. LOLA June 28, 2012 at 02:15 #

Wonder if we will be getting a broken down list of the cost of her clothing?
    That stylIst her and her sister hired are doing wonders for them.

14. Lily June 28, 2012 at 04:05 #

Cute dress although it draws the eye to a weird spot (just like Emma Stone’s dress). Hate the shoes and the clutch doesn’t work for me. The red shoes on the model look better.

15. cherrysoftness June 28, 2012 at 05:29 #

I love the simplicity of this. This is so effortless and regal – she looks like a princess in a good way. But I can’t get the effect of blue ruffles out of my mind… it’s making me want to attach small ruffles-ribbons-collars in this blue shade to my cream shirts. I need help.

16. rebecca o June 28, 2012 at 06:29 #

Love it. She looks great.

17. Alina June 28, 2012 at 08:19 #

She looks amazing!

18. Regina June 28, 2012 at 08:43 #

Fantastic look and what gorgeous hair!

19. Nat June 28, 2012 at 09:58 #

This is lovely!
    Every single piece is so pretty…the dress, the shoes, the clutch…

See, Kate? One can actually dress appropriatly for a royal but still be interesting and not boring.

20. Amy June 28, 2012 at 10:37 #

she looks perfect. Ladylike but still fashionable. I’ve been loving her style lately

21. Leti June 28, 2012 at 13:10 #

I’ve been a fan of Bea’s for a while. I think she makes the most interesting fashion choices among the royals. I love this dress, and I don’t mind the clutch, but for me the shoes clash with the cuff, and they’re a miss. However, I appreciate where she was going with them, and I would take those shoes over seeing Kate’s nude pumps for the hundredth time.

22. Susan June 28, 2012 at 13:45 #

Actually, I’m going to change my mind and give this a big plus. I like everything but I have reservations about the blue lamp shades covering her hands. Shouldn’t a dress enhance the wearer? Who needs blue lamp shades? She is lovely.

23. elaine2 June 28, 2012 at 16:50 #

Bea gets bashed by the press so often, and sometimes her outfits are a bit off, but this time she hit it out of the ball park. Excellent ensemble, Princess!!

I’d be surprised if Kate could force the envelope enough to break out a pair of interesting shoes…..doesn’t sound as if she and Bea have much of a friendship going….