18.06.12

Demi Lovato In Topshop – The X Factor Oakland Auditions

Demi Lovato, aka ‘Sponsored by Topshop’, joined Britney Spears at the Oracle Arena in Oakland, California, on Saturday for the next round of ‘The X Factor’ auditions.

She wore a Topshop black long-sleeve mini dress with mesh panels which she styled with a Topshop ombre fringe jacket. Ombre hair, ombre jacket…*rolls eyes*

The judge accessorized the look with black CJG stud-back peep-toes, also from Topshop.

Are you getting bored of Demi always wearing head-to-toe Topshop, or do you like that she’s wearing accessible looks?

Credit: Getty

Bellamy Young In David Meister - NAACP Image Awards 2014

Bellamy Young In David Meister – NAACP Image Awards 2014

Britney Spears In Hervé Léger & Demi Lovato In Topshop - The X Factor Season 2 Auditions

Britney Spears In Hervé Léger & Demi Lovato In Topshop – The X Factor Season 2 Auditions

33 Responses to Demi Lovato In Topshop – The X Factor Oakland Auditions

1. Alina June 18, 2012 at 13:15 #

This is a disaster.

• bm June 18, 2012 at 13:52 #

so true, triple ombre ? what a joke!

2. Yeliz June 18, 2012 at 13:20 #

The idea of wearing Topshop and giving her fans the oppurtunity to buy the clothes she’s wearing is very good, but I can’t say the same thing about her looks. Topshop has much better and more beautiful things than the ridiculous things she wears. Her styling is also very bad.

• Christine June 18, 2012 at 13:50 #

I agree. Although what she is promoting and wearing affordable clothes is great but she looks a hot mess here.

• Chanel June 18, 2012 at 23:58 #

• justme June 19, 2012 at 12:48 #

I agree. The problem isn’t Topshop, it’s her.

• cascia June 19, 2012 at 20:25 #

3. ellie. June 18, 2012 at 13:22 #

her hair and make-up look ridiculous, if you can look trashy next to Britney Spears… you are going to look trashy just about everywhere.

4. Caro June 18, 2012 at 13:35 #

What I am really getting tired of are her trashy and unflattering looks. Doesn’t matter if it is top shop or not, she manages to look awful every time…

5. Mick June 18, 2012 at 13:54 #

I am not bored of Demi always wearing head-to-toe Topshop, I am bored of her always wearing dreadful outfits actually. When Britney upstages you in the style department, is really a sign something’s wrong!

• bas June 18, 2012 at 15:09 #

+1. Something is very wrong indeed.

6. Jess2 June 18, 2012 at 13:59 #

I don’t a problem with her always wearing Topshop all the time, especially because it is accessible and is therefore is sending a good message to her fans. What I have a problem with is that the Topshop outfits she wears are terrible and look tacky. Topshop have some wonderful pieces that would be great on Demi so this look is another let down. I really dislike her hair, expecially the pink – she needs to move past the ombre phase asap!!

7. Lauren June 18, 2012 at 14:06 #

I miss the days when Demi wore cute wee dresses and outfits :( This look is an absolute disaster! Her hair is a mess and she needs to lay of the fake tan for a while. Its making her look dirty.

And as for the clothes… I don’t care how accessible they are for everyone. They should never be worn in public.

8. Rebecca Z June 18, 2012 at 14:43 #

Just ugh!

9. robbie June 18, 2012 at 14:44 #

hot mess is an understatement. this girl has the worst “style” possible some desperate try hard attempt at being some rock chick.

• Odette June 18, 2012 at 16:29 #

I agree Robbie and with everyone before me. It is impossible to take her seriously when she presents herself like this- as some bimbo wannabe rocker chick when in reality she is just a Disney Creation who sings pop music others write for her.

I like that she is trying to be approachable but this is horrible. Painful.

10. JamilaMaz June 18, 2012 at 15:28 #

I think I’m alone in thinking she doesn’t actually look that bad here. It’s a huge improvement from her last look at least.. also how insanely luminous is her skin!!

11. mimmi June 18, 2012 at 15:29 #

Does Demi have a stylist? In my opinion she looks cheap and trashy. The hair is bad, the fake tan is bad and the styling is so very, very bad. Had she worn the ombre fringe jacket with just a simple white tee and jeans i think it would have worked (granted she’s had better hair :p) Also, I get the feeling that she is trying way too hard. Thumbs down for this look!

12. Shaina June 18, 2012 at 15:31 #

This is just plain ugly! Does she have a stylist?

13. Marybeth June 18, 2012 at 16:59 #

Maybe she was hired to make Britney look good.
    If so, she’s succeeding.

You have to give her and her stylists credit.
    It must be very hard to take such a pretty girl and make her look so consistently awful.

14. Minka June 18, 2012 at 17:16 #

I don’t mind anything while it looks good and this just doesn’t.

15. katchimo June 18, 2012 at 17:26 #

Ditch the makeup girl

16. Amy June 18, 2012 at 19:54 #

I don’t like it. The outfit is all over the place : ombre,fringes,cutout,sheer just too much in one outfit

17. Sara June 18, 2012 at 20:21 #

completely dislike her style. Over and over again I wonder what she was thinking.

18. Ramya June 18, 2012 at 20:35 #

Why so bronzed up? n also not a fan of the jacket!

19. Miguel June 18, 2012 at 22:05 #

I hate this look, it’s a disaster. Affordable clothes does not mean you’re gonna look this bad. Thumbs up for show accesible looks, thumbs down for the look.

20. MEME June 19, 2012 at 06:02 #

If there was ever a moment for you to do a Worst Dressed Of The Week…. here is the time for it….

This is TACKY GALORE!!!!!!!!!!…. what was she thinking????….

21. Médée June 19, 2012 at 09:38 #

ORANGE.

That is all that came to mind when I saw this picture. Than I realized that her hair are triple-ombre (is that a thing ? please say “no”) with those dark natural roots, the fading blond and a ridiculous dash of pink.

She could wear the most gorgeous, appropriate and fitting outfit in the universe… I wouldn’t even see it. I can’t get past her tha head area.

22. Dan Oliver June 19, 2012 at 10:31 #

She looks trashy I know she is famous in America but in the Uk and Ireland i don’t believe she is and her outfits have all been hideous looks like many of the girls that fall out of nightclubs where i’m from

23. Parvati June 19, 2012 at 18:44 #

I wouldn’t mind her wearing Topshop all the time, if she actually looked good in their clothes. Her last two looks have been awful.

• cascia June 19, 2012 at 20:26 #

esto es un no, No y NO!

24. Julie June 22, 2012 at 16:25 #

Why is it that this website always hates demi’s selection of clothes??? At least she takes a RISK as oppose to ‘stay safe’ Britney. She’s sponsored by top shop so in return is like a ‘walking advertisement’ which means she needs to wear their clothes. I’m a big fan of Britney too but what you’re saying about her is flat out wrong. Demi’s outfit is amazing. I love the fringe jacket paired with the sheer dress. So what if ombré hair is out of the whole ‘in’ period?? Why change your hair into something that changes basically every other week? So she tried to change her hair pink… She pulls it off very well. She’ll never please you all in my eyes. The lighting makes her look super darker than she really is so her tan isn’t botched. If you want botched, look at Britney’s makeup and ankle bruise! What do all expect her to wear???? T-shirt and jeans??? Would that please you all?? This response is due to what I’ve seen so far (yeah… I know it’s long) with everyone else’s opinions

• Fashion Critic June 22, 2012 at 17:37 #

her taste in clothes is very poor. trying to be a rock chick isn’t working for her