Ginnifer Goodwin In Monique Lhuillier – 2012 Young Hollywood Awards

Ginnifer Goodwin attended the 2012 Young Hollywood Awards, held at the Hollywood Athletic Club in LA, where she picked up the “Style Icon” Award.

The icon wore a Monique Lhuillier Resort 2013 LWD.

Her lace dress with 3/4 length sleeves was styled with a black Edie Parker clutch and black Christian Louboutin spiked pumps.

You’ll be surprised to discover that I’m not a fan of the styling.

This look would have been so much fun had she added some eye-popping neon accessories.

Instead the colour pop came via her pink lip colour and nail polish.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Zoe Saldana In Prabal Gurung - Vogue and MAC Cosmetics Dinner Party

Zoe Saldana In Prabal Gurung – Vogue and MAC Cosmetics Dinner Party

Emma Stone In Lanvin - ‘The Amazing Spider-Man’ Moscow Photocall

Emma Stone In Lanvin – ‘The Amazing Spider-Man’ Moscow Photocall

19 Responses to Ginnifer Goodwin In Monique Lhuillier – 2012 Young Hollywood Awards

1. Odette June 15, 2012 at 18:46 #

I find this look odd- odd because Ginny 80% of the time has so much fun with accessories.

This is a strange miss for GiGo. But the dress is perfect for her.

2. Nat39 June 15, 2012 at 18:53 #

I was sure you were gonna say “you won’t be surprised…” :)
    It’s a light pretty flirty dress, and instead of bringing that out with vibrant playful accessories she toned/weighed it down with the heavy black. Pink lippie and nail polish don’t save it.

3. Yeliz June 15, 2012 at 18:54 #

I would’ve loved to see one of those gorgeous shoes this collection includes with this dress. The clutch is nice but I don’t like her shoes either.

4. Anderbobo June 15, 2012 at 18:58 #

This is my fave GG look of the year so far. The simple accessories don’t bother me because they don’t compete with the lip color. Glad to see Ginnifer back in top form!

5. Jessica June 15, 2012 at 19:00 #

From the ankles up, I love this look. The shoes are uninspiring, but I love everything else!

6. Linda June 15, 2012 at 19:04 #

I totally agree about the styling. She does look very pretty though. I love the more relaxed stance and facial expression. The lipstick is great.

7. Susan June 15, 2012 at 19:28 #

This is pretty. She picked up a “style icon” award? Really?

• tiffany June 15, 2012 at 19:52 #

+1 – speak on it, Susan. I’m all for awards and encouraging fashion exceptionalism, but icon? please!! not yet. not even close (imo).

• Alina June 16, 2012 at 08:08 #

I agree with both of you.

8. robbie June 15, 2012 at 19:52 #

i shall have to pretend she isnt wearing boring black pumps, from the ankles up its cute. would loved to have seen some bright shoes anything other than what she has on.

9. DivaDebbi (Beauty and Fashion Blog) June 15, 2012 at 20:57 #

Agree FC, the accessories are a downer. Love everything else including the pink lip.

10. Hannah June 15, 2012 at 21:14 #

I looooove her accessories, the clutch especially, but not with this outfit. I wish she had gone for a more summery femenine look, as she was with the lips, we have had so many wintery looks & I’m so over it. Also, because of the polo last week I feel serious deja vu with this style of dress, the white lace with the higher neckline & knee length skirt.

11. Christine June 15, 2012 at 22:47 #

Style Icon? LOL. Talk about paying for an award.

The dress is ok. Pretty safe and dull if you ask me.

12. Abby June 16, 2012 at 00:17 #

I like the styling as I think the dress is divine and does not need a lot of flash. Ginnifer’s lip and nail color, funky shoes and pixie hair style are enough flash without appearing she’s trying too hard. Fresh and classy!

13. Dhppy June 16, 2012 at 02:44 #

Love this, even the shoes.

14. fromchi-town June 16, 2012 at 03:29 #

I totally agree with you FC, she needed some fun accessories which would give this look a punch. I am surprised at the choice of accessories as Ginnifer usually makes her looks stand out.

15. roxana June 18, 2012 at 08:42 #

i like it, but it would have looked nicer with summery shoes or sandals.

16. Jess2 June 18, 2012 at 15:19 #

I am a little bit disappointed. I really love this dress and the black accessories really let this look down. I adore the bright lip and nail but she should have kept the colour going. I would have loved her to wear the shoes from the lookbook.

17. Ericka June 18, 2012 at 23:58 #

I disagree. I love this look and that she kept it clean and simple (black and white if you will). She looks amazing.