Ginnifer Goodwin In H&M – 2012 White House Correspondents’ Association Dinner

Ginnifer Goodwin attended the 2012 White House Correspondents’ Association Dinner, held at the Washington Hilton on Saturday evening.

The ‘Once Upon A Time’ actress wore a dress from the H&M Red Carpet Conscious Collection.

Her light-grey dress made of silk and organic cotton features a sleeveless bodice and voluminous skirt with asymmetrical raw-edge ruffles.

Separating the textured bodice from the ruffled skirt, Ginnifer accessorized with a black leather belt, plus Bulgari jewels and a Stark black-and-gold ‘Seductress’ clutch embellished with crystals.

Flawless hair and makeup including a red pout completed the look.

Credit: H&M & Getty

Trend Alert: Brunette Stars Going Blonde

Trend Alert: Brunette Stars Going Blonde

Elizabeth Banks In Antonio Berardi - 2012 White House Correspondents' Association Dinner

Elizabeth Banks In Antonio Berardi – 2012 White House Correspondents’ Association Dinner

26 Responses to Ginnifer Goodwin In H&M – 2012 White House Correspondents’ Association Dinner

1. C April 30, 2012 at 09:37 #

I hope she was paid to wear this! It’s like a pile of shredded paper is eating her alive!!!! :-(. I love GG but not this

2. Sharon April 30, 2012 at 10:02 #

I’m trying really hard to like this dress because I’ve never met a ruffle I didn’t like – until now. Maybe a brighter or darker color would help, but I just keep thinking of the kleenex flowers we made as kids. I know she was trying to separate skirt and top, but the black belt only serves to make her look really short-waisted.

3. Yeliz April 30, 2012 at 10:02 #

I am very unsure about this look. From the belt she looks amazing but the skirt isn’t doing her any favours.

4. manja April 30, 2012 at 10:10 #

and she is too short to carry this of,looks much better on the model,with longer torso….anyway shdl’ve choosen another dress altogether IMO

5. Emi April 30, 2012 at 10:16 #

I think she looks great. I really like the dress and her make up.

6. Iris April 30, 2012 at 10:27 #

thumbs down for me. that is too frou-frou — not a dress for a sophisticated White House party.

7. Alina April 30, 2012 at 10:27 #

Not good.

8. CC April 30, 2012 at 10:28 #

she just tries too hard..this girl…

tries too hard to be edgy

this look does her no favors

CC

9. Oli April 30, 2012 at 11:23 #

Beautiful!!! ❤

10. Taylor April 30, 2012 at 11:39 #

This looks way better than I imagined this dress would look on.

11. msd April 30, 2012 at 11:48 #

Eek, no. This doesn’t suit her body shape at all. It’s making her look dumpy and she’s not a dumpy person.

12. CreoleLady April 30, 2012 at 12:07 #

Love the dress on the runway. Not quite so much on Ginnifer although she still remains one of my faves for being so fearless. Do your thing, Cinderella.

• Christine April 30, 2012 at 15:56 #

I did too. Love the dress on the runway but not on Ginny.

13. dee April 30, 2012 at 13:26 #

I don’t like this at all. This gown is ugly.

14. Riley April 30, 2012 at 13:57 #

This dress is bound to be controversial from the get go, but since Ginnifer is a red carpet master and adept at wearing all kinds of looks, I have to give it to her. I think it is great she isn’t wearing a fancy smancy designer and is making a statement through fashion about eco-friendliness.

15. EmmaWoodhouse April 30, 2012 at 13:57 #

I’m divided. The dress was fun on the model but I don’t think it flatters Ginnifer very much. That’s a shame because you can tell that she put effort intot his look. I wish it had translated better.

16. bm April 30, 2012 at 14:24 #

From the moment you posted the picture of H&M dress, i know that no one, I mean NO ONE, will make this dress looks good on red carpet.

• Fashion Critic April 30, 2012 at 15:08 #

lol…she tried…

17. Barbs April 30, 2012 at 14:50 #

Props for her for wearing a line that promotes conscious fashion for saving the planet. Apart from that she doesn’t look good at all and she knows it because her face says it all…

18. Hannah April 30, 2012 at 15:30 #

As is standard for Ginifer, I adore this look. If she ver starts playign it safe á la January Jones, I might cry. I think that she pulls this off with such ease. The stylign is just perfect to compliment the dress & make it work for her, but not make it fussy, and the makeup & hair are just perfect. She looks not only crazily tall, but also makes this dress seem like it’s worth a lot mroe money than it is, like she did last year with the Topshop dress – she is my one to watch at the Met Gala,

19. Mary Jane Anderson April 30, 2012 at 15:35 #

Eew, poor Ginnifer! I hope she doesn’t see her picture next to H&M lookbook’s model… What a disaster, it may be stupid but I kinda feel sorry for her! The belt sure doesn’t help to make her torso look that short.

20. Rebecca Z April 30, 2012 at 16:10 #

This is kind of eating her alive. the skirt is just too overwhelming for her tiny frame.

• Jones19 April 30, 2012 at 18:11 #

Agreed. She’s too short and curvy for this dress. Someone tall and skinny would rock it.

21. dressaddict April 30, 2012 at 20:20 #

I love it! In fact, it makes her even taller, look how it gves her a longer sihouette, with the help of the belt, maybe, because on the model the dress sits lower.

22. Nat39 May 1, 2012 at 00:44 #

Really NOT a good choice of a dress for someone with a short boxy upper body like hers, it’s not a matter of height or frame, it would’ve probably worked on a more petite Kristina Ricci, I bet. The black accessories don’t make any sense to me, and the boyish haircut isn’t really working with the style of the skirt.

23. Jess2 May 1, 2012 at 03:02 #

This is definitely a love or hate look and I love it. It really isn’t something that I would normally like but there is something about this look that makes it work for me. The more I look at it the more I like it. I think the red lip is a perfect choice and I think her pixie cut works really well also. Thumbs up for earth friendly red carpet gowns :)